• Join Us!
  • Rychlak drama
  • Rychlak drama
  • Rychlak drama
  • Rychlak drama
  • Rychlak drama
  • Rychlak drama
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rychlak drama

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Rychlak drama

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama

• Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama
      Gene Rychlak:
      First and Foremost, I, Gene Rychlak, Jr., have the unfortunate task in announcing that I will NOT be attending the WPO Ukraine Power Stars of the Bench contest at the end of this month. I had every intention of attending and competing. But I cannot due to the fact that my invitation was rescinded by the MEET SPONSOR not the MEET PROMOTER. In fact, i've been informed that he doesn't want to see me at all at the venue!!!

I will now outline the FACTS not the LIES & Half truths perpetuated on the internet.

1. I was never told at any time that the trip was ALL EXPENSES PAID, All I was ever told was that My airfare & transit from the airport to the hotel was covered. I cannot speak for Rob Luyando, but I'm pretty sure the other 2 were given that luxury.

2. When first approached by the Ukraines regarding this event, I emphatically rejected the offer as everyone knows my feeling towards the WPO & KK. After several attempts at changing my mind, the Ukraines enlisted Rob Luyando to persuade me to reconsider. He told them my reasoning and they told him that this was separate from anything associated with the WPO in America. I respect Rob as a lifter and as a friend. After several discussions with Rob I relented and tentatively agreed to accept the invitation provided we could work out the details. Even though I was notified upfront the the sponsor was a huge Mendelson fan.

3. As everyone knows full well, I utilize a 3 man handoff. The original offer was for just me and i rejected that offer. They countered by offering to pay airfare for 1 handler. I countered by informing them I needed 3 handlers. They came back with an offer to cover 2 handlers, and before I could comment they said they would cover all

4. About a month ago I received an email from the Ukraines that the sponsor now had changed his mind and was not going to cover the airfare of ANY of my handlers. Shortly there after I received word through trusted channels that Mendelson has an additional four handlers included with the original three handlers he requested, for a total 7 handlers going with all expenses paid.

5. This prompted the Fund Raising, without a major sponsor to cover these expenses, I had very few resources to pull from. The Luau, for those who had an issue, was the brainstorm of a fellow Southside Barbell Teammate, who donated the majority of the food and the entertainment as he wanted to contribute something, be it money or a fundraising party. All additional publicity was done by Brian Weston the Southside Barbell Team Captain, the rest of the team pitched in to help the cause, because they wanted to see me go to the Ukraine and kick some ass. The response and support for this event was personally overwhelming. I received support in my community along with support from the powerlifting community.

6. So what now with the money? It has been turned back over to the Southside Team to determine its use. There is no way that I could accept the money raised for this trip with me being prevented from attending. If the opportunity to compete existed, even if I paid my own way along with my handlers, I still would have tried my best to go. The SPONSOR does not want me there (is he protecting someone??, but I can only speculate).

7. There was speculation that I never had any intention of going to the Ukraine. If that were true, would I spend money to have over a hundred t-shirts printed up saying Ukraine 2007 with my website's logo on them?? Would I have jumped through all the hoops needed lately to expedite a passport that I would need for the trip??? Would I ask teammates to schedule their vacation time for the trip to assist me??? Would I jump right back into a training cycle 2 days after competing at the IPA World's?? I guess you know more than I do!! It would have been nice to meet my cousins that are in the Ukraine, as I am 1/4 Ukrainian. My family is very disappointed in these recent events.

8. I agree with the comment made that KK has no business paying anyone's expenses. HE MUST CLEAN HIS OWN HOUSE BEFORE HE THROWS ANY STONES. Anyone who competes under that banner knowing that KK & The WPO owes THOUSANDS of $$$$$$ to our fellow lifters who rightfully won prize money only to be stiffed should be ashamed of themselves. By competing, you ARE ENABLING HIM to continue ignoring the problem he created and refuses to address. HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO LET HIM GET AWAY WITH IT??? Louie Simmons said ENOUGH!!! I've said ENOUGH, Jim Lorimer said the same.

The true losers in this are the fans!!!!!!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Rychlak drama

Rob Luyando:
      For the Record the Ukraines did not pursue me to convince Gene into lifting at this meet. His name was mentioned to me and me being the greedy bastard that I am pursued Gene. Why wouldn't I. A once in a lifetime trip to the Ukraine and a chance to get to see the three biggest bench pressers in the world go head to head live right in front of me. And not to mention that fact that I would also be competing against them for the biggest bench of the meet award. So a free trip and a chance at $5,000.00 for 1st Place, $3,000.00 for 2nd place, and $1,000.00 for third place in each WPO Weight bracket and a chance at an additional $10,000.00 for the biggest and baddest bench of the meet straight up no formulas! Pretty much a no brainer to me!

As for the Ukraines I have been dealing with them for some time now and they have been a pleasure to work with. They have accomidated all my reseasonable requests and I am honored to get this chance to compete in their country. Anyone that would turn this once in a lifetime cahnce down because of bull**** political issues is a fool in my opinion. So Next week I am leaving for the Ukraine and will be proud as hell to represent the U.S.A. at this event.

As for Scott he has been granted 3 handlers and nothing more. Ryan and myslef are each only taking one handler as that is all we need. I wish things would have worked out better to get Gene to the meet.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Billy Carpenter:
      "2. When first approached by the Ukraines regarding this event, I emphatically rejected the offer as everyone knows my feeling towards the WPO & KK. After several attempts at changing my mind, the Ukraines enlisted Rob Luyando to persuade me to reconsider. He told them my reasoning and they told him that this was separate from anything associated with the WPO in America. I respect Rob as a lifter and as a friend. After several discussions with Rob I relented and tentatively agreed to accept the invitation provided we could work out the details. Even though I was notified upfront the the sponsor was a huge Mendelson fan. "

///I like Gene but this part pisses me off. Rob does not let anyone put him up to anything. Rob wanted the best there and Gene is considered one of the best. If anything Rob went out of his way to help Gene get there. Nobody put anybody up to anything. I can see why no one would want to have anything to do with the WPO and a KK meet but there is more to this story.

One very big part was left out of Gene's post. The sponsor's were turned off and pissed by Gene asking for $10,000 to just be there. As a sponsor I would be pissed too when I just offered to pay for you and your handlers hotel and airfare. Is that not enough?

Enough of the paranoid excuses and blaming get your ass out there and compete against the best. You did it in 04' at the Arnold and won. Everything above is like an excuse not to go. Nobody wants to hear it they want to see the best go at it. What more could you ask for? We are benchers not fukking superstars.

Did you really think the sponsor would pay you $10,000 up front just to come? How many thousands of dollars is this sponsor paying to get all of you over there? ALOT! Appreciate it and take advantage of it. You will probably never see it again, especially here in a America.

Get mad at me but all I see is a lot of paranoid excuses. Your a great lifter go out and prove it by going against the best in a big meet. I have so much respect for Rob because he travels everywhere and competes and wins against the best. This is a true champion. This is why to me he is one of the best ever. Don't make excuses and leave blame on your friend for this. This is on your shoulders and no one else!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama

• Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama
      • Rychlak drama
      Looks like Gene is further alienating himself from the powerlifting community and making more of an ass of himself than usual. This is pretty much the reason I've turned down his offer on becoming Georgia state chair of the IPA and instead am going with the Mcaslin's SSA federation out of New York. Sandi and Zane are class act people who care about the sport and not the drama.