Leg drive to some, including me is the one of the most important parts of the bench

I like to get my feet under me slightly , flat on the floor. Alsmost if your wear to be sitting on a squat box. I get my feet set, then i adjust my body to wear my legs are tight by almost uncomfoftable.

When i get the bar in my hand i begin to drive my heels away from the ground. Almost like to a knee extension while doing a leg press. By doing this i can rotate my upperbody up onto my upper back and traps. This immidiately shortens my stroke and gives me great leverage to bring the bar down. Once the bar touches the chest, beginto push even hard anticipating the press command. Once given kick it up as hard as you can.

The best way to know if your doing this right is to lay down with a t-shirt on, and bench with an empty bar. IF you push away from the ground and towards the bench you should slide down the bench head first.

Now take your shirt off, put some stickum all over your upper back and do it again, your upper back will stay planted but your torso will rotate and raise your chest.

Scott Yard