• Join Us!
  • argh! enough is enough!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: argh! enough is enough!

FROGMAN is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 595
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default argh! enough is enough!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Ok gang,

I've had enough of the Chris Benoit stories and all his so called friends and co-workers in the wrestling leagues coming out of the wood works (i.e. no name wrestlers) and blaming steroids for what happened. To top that off, I'm tired of hearing stuff from everyone on campus, friends and family because they have caught the news on TV. The news networks are working on their hot story and just because Paris Hilton or Brittany Spears hasn’t been in jail or rehab lately (um .. the last ten days or so). I don't understand why the media, as being liberal as they are, can find an excuse for why he did what he did. Not to mention the use AS and then put the blame on "roid rage" as an excuse. But when Fox has been more critical than CNN what gives? Come on, the guy had issues and to top it off his family life was full of problems. So all the prescription drugs had nothing to do with his mental instability?

I love how our senators and representatives will combat illegal steroid use in professional sports (to a lesser degree college sports) and not look at all the idiots who have a real time TV shows…(you guys/gals know who they are on MTV..VH1)…. so where is that clause Mr./Mrs. Senator in the legislation? You guys and gals can’t (not you but them) even decide on if you can spend money on the military because you are worried what you continuants think or will vote on the next election. Piss poor in MHOP.

This is truly sad, both for the American public and fans of wrestling. I’m sure this will be a main topic on Geraldo Rivera (I wish I had a real job) media and find fault where no fault lies until the medical results come in... Geraldo was the first to jump on the Anna Nichole story as he has with all of his reports (remember his quotes…)_. IF anyone should have taken a bullet to save an American’s life in Iraq…. He should have with his half ass reporting skills. Well we are all to blame when we have to put up with journalists who report the docu-drama that we all have to hear every day…I think we are past the 60’s guys…..the media needs more educated and open minded journalists out there (sorry for those who do a good job… and hats off to you!).

But for those of us who have lost good friends, sisters, and brothers where do we vent or show our appreciation? … My friend, Shaun, who is one of the best pilots I knew, dies filling a canteen for a child to take home to his parents in Irag is wrong ,he is not dignified because our congress will not step up(and agree what should be and what shouldn’t in a time of war…come on!) , then what will we expect if we leave the country.( Sorry Shaun’s mom and dad…it just didn’t happen cause we didn’t’ have the money to train your son properly). And, The 3600+ men and women who have sacrificed their lives mean little or nothing. Sorry, but the 4th of July parades don’t’ do it for their families. Just because your neighbor, son or daughter decides on their on will to fight for this country and help others doesn’t mean you should disrespect them. . Stepping up is something that us Americans do but little of us know how to ….

What I’d like to hear is those who have given their best or their lives in defense of our country. I think we should have a rep page for all those who have done there best and have given their lives. Democracy or Republic doesn’t come for free. Don’t let our generation be like the ones before us and let the ones who sacrificed, who gave so much, get little or no recognition or become the generation of the ….

Tchau,

Frogman…. I’d like to know your thoughts, rep me if you agree
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC_xkBV7eLg

"Man is a pupil, pain is his teacher" --Alfred de Musset

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: argh! enough is enough!

Figure it this way bro. The government / media machine will use anything they can to push their agenda's. I've been preaching this forever! Noone ever listens, they just chalk it up to conspiracy theory babble.

Now I'll say it once again. The government will do whatever it can to brainwash the people of this country. Currently they are trying to brainwash everyone that everything negative in sports is caused by Steroids. They make ridiculous laws for posession of steroids, and try to impose their beliefs on others. I don't see what business of it is theirs, if someone wants to inject themselves with performance enhancing drugs.

I don't see record numbers of roid heads robbing people, doing home invasions, and killing people for more steroids. They are usually people that are very dedicated, and are dedicated to what they do. They usually aren't loose cannons like the government portrays them.

I personally don't condone the use of steroids, but I believe it should be everyones right.

You think this is bad. Tell everyone to continue to walk around with a f'n blindfold and ignore the fact that this country is pushed closer and closer to a dictatorship. People laugh when that statement is made, but who do you think really runs the country? The president? HA! It's the people that have the president and his administration in his pocket.

And if people don't think the media is politically motivated they need to go hit the crackpipe again. Many stations are known for their political stance and connections. So of course they will push their motives to the public as fact, instead of mere speculation!

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Every point stated is sad to say the very least, and I'm sorry about your friend doing his job and representing America and all he believed in that lost his life in Iraq. And I couldn't agree more that it's really sad that we have a congress now that can't even find it in their hearts/minds or whatever the hell they think with to put a little down for our men and women living, fighting, and dieing for their fukin lame asses and every other person in this land of freedom and whenever called upon to serve no matter the circumstance. What gets me is how the Democrats raise hell and b*tch & cuss America for all we're worth about how we have dealt and deal with terrorism and terrorist situations, then 11 British soldiers nabbed and held by Iranians right after we get a democratic congress and nobody said anything. Not a peep. What...what should be done???? Don't wanna say something un popular do we. But, what da ya expect? You can either do something and make some people mad, or do nothing and cause no stir.

Politics suk. Politicians suk more. Sh*tty politicians that do nothing are even worse because they cost us way too much money in the long run always. Then politicians that get in office and must do damage control are hated. People have to realize that things cost money. Everything cost money, so therefore things have to be paid for. There is a good way and a not so good way to pay for things through taxes. I'm for and will always be for paying for things the way it cost me the least out of my pocket. Last week Warren Buffett said he feels he doesn't pay enough taxes. I'm sure his 18% that he paid out in 2006 had to sum up into the 100s of millions. That was a wealthy, um...sorry, rich republican that made that statement by the way. There are ways. We just need to be careful as to whose pockets get dug to deep into. I'm tired of hearing democrats refer to middle class hard working people as rich. You know what I mean. They always say "rich people are the ones that get the tax breaks." Wrong...hard working small business owners, independant contractors, general contractors, etc (the working man)SHOULD get tax breaks. Not only od we need the breaks, we deserve them.

I'm not picking on one party over the other. Neither can get their head out of their a**. Politicians are full of themselves along with other smelly substances. We are still by far the best and richest country on the planet and I am a proud American. We do have a long way to go and much fine tuning to do, but pretty damn good job by many.
      1 up

Go Gators

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER View Post
      Figure it this way bro. The government / media machine will use anything they can to push their agenda's. I've been preaching this forever! Noone ever listens, they just chalk it up to conspiracy theory babble.

Now I'll say it once again. The government will do whatever it can to brainwash the people of this country. Currently they are trying to brainwash everyone that everything negative in sports is caused by Steroids. They make ridiculous laws for posession of steroids, and try to impose their beliefs on others. I don't see what business of it is theirs, if someone wants to inject themselves with performance enhancing drugs.

I don't see record numbers of roid heads robbing people, doing home invasions, and killing people for more steroids. They are usually people that are very dedicated, and are dedicated to what they do. They usually aren't loose cannons like the government portrays them.

I personally don't condone the use of steroids, but I believe it should be everyones right.

You think this is bad. Tell everyone to continue to walk around with a f'n blindfold and ignore the fact that this country is pushed closer and closer to a dictatorship. People laugh when that statement is made, but who do you think really runs the country? The president? HA! It's the people that have the president and his administration in his pocket.

And if people don't think the media is politically motivated they need to go hit the crackpipe again. Many stations are known for their political stance and connections. So of course they will push their motives to the public as fact, instead of mere speculation!
      what are you babbling on about bro?
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I was babbling about how the media has blown up this whole thing about Chris Benoit and turned it into an anti steroid campaign. The media uses anything in current events to push the governments agenda. I'm surprised you guys aren't more livid about that.

I didn't read the rest of his post so I was only commenting on the Chris benoit part.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

The soldiers deserve nothing but our respect.

The government that has put them in harms way under the facade of WMD's and now freedom for Iraq, when it's all about oil need to be reprimanded. They deserve the wrath of the american public, but unfortunately they run to good of a pr campaign to brainwash the public to believing this is all about freedom for Iraq. Does anyone honestly think our government gives to shiits about Iraqi people? They don't even care about their own citizens, and now I'm supposed to swallow the pill that they care about some third world countries citizens!? Give me a break. To believe that requires absolutely no thought process on the part of americans. People need to be looking into what the real motives truly are, and then asking if our soldiers should be dying in large numbers for those reasons.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

If it was about oil there wouldn't be a war going on right now. And if we didn't care about the people there wouldn't be a war. The simple logic could be achieved with one or 2, maybe 3 bombs. Think about it.

You never hear anyone mention oil as reason anymore. Even the far left figured that out long ago. As for America not caring for our own people, I see a whole lot of care.

We have issues that must be worked on. Solutions have to come. One thing I'd like to see the media stop filling people's minds with all the negative and false detail of what's going on. Talk to some soldiers that have spent time in the mid-east and get a better feel for what's really happening. Better yet, if you know someone that has their own footage from over there, watch it. Just as you said, the media can alter the truth and make things seem as they aren't. It just isn't good news to the news channels if things are going smoothly.

Politics & religion are subjects that can brew long debate anytime anywhere. I'm over it.
      1 up

Go Gators

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      Politics & religion are subjects that can brew long debate anytime anywhere. I'm over it.
      ohhh, stop it...it's too much fun to be over it...i agree with alot that you say. (no surprize to dj i'm sure)...continue..

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      ohhh, stop it...it's too much fun to be over it...i agree with alot that you say. (no surprize to dj i'm sure)...continue..
      lol....it is fun. I personally love a good debate, but ya know...People feel strongly about that stuff and rightfully so. I know I do. I was just kinda trying to ease out. You crack me up though.
      1 up

Go Gators

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Yeah one of my real close friends has been in Iraq 4 times now, my childhood bestfriend has been there twice, and a few other aquaintences I have, have done multiple tours of duty in Iraq.

Every single one of them told me it's all about oil, even the die hard military types. I can't believe people still believe we're there for freedom.

This is a perfect example of how current society in America is so comparable to the society in the book '1984'. People believe what Big Brother tells them to believe, anyone that thinks otherwise is commiting thoughtcrime. Very similar indeed!

It's kind of like trying to convince an alcoholic he's an alcoholic......He won't believe it until you have video proof in front of him of how he acts, and the fact that he doesn't have control of his drinking like he thinks. But even then with proof sometimes these people are unconvincable, it's almost as if they need to hit rock bottom to finally see the light. I see the same logic with many people in society.....Even with proof they will find doubt, to live a lie rather than deal with the reality of the situation and the possibility they have been falsely lead this whole time. It's as if it's the end of the world to admit they are wrong about anything.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

dude...maybe he's NOT an alcoholic!! maybe he just likes to drink once in awhile!!! just becouse everytime YOU see him, it's at one of HIS party's and you think he's hammered all the time!! and, if your at the same parties....could it be that YOUR the alcoholic??
      (someone keep dj away from the punch please)

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I have heard nothing about oil from anyone actually over there. So your friends must have secured oil fields and worked them? Explain why your friends told you that they were fighting for oil. Help me understand how they did that.

The media you were boasting about are the only ones I heard mention it and that was years ago, but I figured most with a mind of their own, no better than to listen to everything the media says right out of the gate. Even the media just through it out there like a question or option. Some just latch on to things the media says and won't let go. That is as far as their mind works. I guess you also blame Bush for the September 11 attack. Was he really behind it. Then while he was over there he figured hell, I'll just take over some oil fields. Do you really believe that our government as a whole is fighting for another countries oil? Not just Bush's administration, but this whole new democratic government is on board as well? I'm curious. Like,,,,how do you think we're gonna go about that? Are we going to plant Ole Glory over there and call it our 51st state? How does this play out in your mind?

Like you say. We'll see proof in due time. That is a fact. One of us will be wrong. I'll be the first to tell you when I am.
      1 up

Go Gators

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      dude...maybe he's NOT an alcoholic!! maybe he just likes to drink once in awhile!!! just becouse everytime YOU see him, it's at one of HIS party's and you think he's hammered all the time!! and, if your at the same parties....could it be that YOUR the alcoholic??
      (someone keep dj away from the punch please)
      lol...I know....the analogies are crazy. I'm thinkin, huh??? What is he talkin about??? "An alcoholic is an alcoholic but doesn't know he's an alcohlic until you film him and he thinks you're a lier"?????

What????
      1 up

Go Gators

BIGFOST
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

one million of those people are not worth one of my friends that have died in this stalemate.