• Join Us!
  • Bush opposes right to sue opec!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush opposes right to sue opec!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Bush opposes right to sue opec!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Bush opposes right to sue opec!

imagine that, lol!

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

That's a no brainer! lol
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Doesn't that frustrate you though? He's supposed to have the best interest of the citizens of this country in mind as our leader!.......Not the interests of the oil companies and big business. It just further proves my whole mindset on what Bush really stands for!

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Well, the fact he opposes it is one thing, but it's what he tries to do with it from there. You have to look at where he is right now. He couldn't get a bill through congress to save his life because it would be out voted, so he's really just going through the motions until the next guy steps in.

With that said, I personally don't agree with people just randomly suing people for no valid reason. I mean really, is it the companies fault they make so much business? Of course not. Take these fat ass people who try to sue McDonalds for making them fat. That just pisses me off to no end. It's not the food places fault these people have no self control and it's not the gas companies fault this country doesn't ***** more about Ethanol. If you want to hurt big oil, you go with an alternate fuel source, period. What case would someone have to sue? It's not like this country has much say so in OPEC, most oil comes from Venezuela and the Middle East, both of shich don't like us very much. So, we are at their mercy until we take a stand against another fuel source.

I read an article about why gas in not high enough and it was totally true. $3 a gallon isn't going to break too many people, but $4 or $5 a gallon would. To the point there would be a huge demand for more fuel efficient cars. That and that alone is what is going to change things. Gas is going to have to get so high that people literally can't afford to drive. And I'm not talking a few people here and there I'm talking about 20% of Americans not being able to drive. That would have a huge impact on the automobile industry and force them to make fule effiecient cars a priority. Hell, it would probably force the movement for an alternate fule source as well. But, when gas goes from $2.50 to $3.00, it's only a 20% increase. So, if you spend $200 a month on gas, now you spend $240. If $40 is going to make or break someone, they are already broke and don't know it. That's the truth. And, it sucks very much for those people who ARE in that place. Hell, I've been there and at one time $40 a month would have broke me and I know there are people in that place, but not enough to make a difference. Its a very sad but very true realization. Unless enough people suffer, nothing will be done.

Then, add to that the fact China's ecomony is going to bust soon, that's going to have a huge impact on us. Just imagine all the stuff we buy from China and them having to raise the price to keep themselves above water. It's going to hit us hard. Every economic expert out there says if China had not won the bid for the 2008 Summer Olympics, they would have already busted. That's the only thing keeping them going right now. People are investing into this because they know the return but once the Olympics leave, they are bound to bust very soon after. According to the experts that is.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

Waterboy is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

What right do we have to sue OPEC? They are providing a commodity that the entire world need. And as all commodities are sold to the highest bidder, so is oil. True, they set the production levels to keep a barrel of oil close to the price they want, but if oil companies in the US don't buy it, some other country will.
      The ability to sue OPEC for oil prices and production, would be akin to another country sueing our treasury because we didn't print enough dollars to keep their economy afloat.
      If you start down the slope of sueing OPEC, then you can really look for the price of crude to rise or maybe a major cut in crude production, or even worse, refusal to sell to US companies.
      Push it, Pull it, Rack it. Repeat untill wide!!

Take nothing I say as serious, What do I know, I sell water!!

Vet@FitnessGeared.com

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
      What right do we have to sue OPEC? They are providing a commodity that the entire world need. And as all commodities are sold to the highest bidder, so is oil. True, they set the production levels to keep a barrel of oil close to the price they want, but if oil companies in the US don't buy it, some other country will.
      The ability to sue OPEC for oil prices and production, would be akin to another country sueing our treasury because we didn't print enough dollars to keep their economy afloat.
      If you start down the slope of sueing OPEC, then you can really look for the price of crude to rise or maybe a major cut in crude production, or even worse, refusal to sell to US companies.
      I honestly think you are forgetting how much pull our country has. Aslong as people keep making excuses for them, there will never be a fix to anything. When our country decides to for once be in agreeance on something, then maybe.....just maybe there will be a solution. But I doubt that will ever happen.

If suing opec was not going to help us, congress wouldn't have approved it. They see the crisis we're in, and know the public is fed up with all of the corruption and backroom deals. They finally stood up and did what the public wanted, and of course Bush & Cheney with their dirty little hands in the oil industry of course are going to veto it! It would be jeopardizing their interests, their supporters interests, their families interests, and their friends interests. Who cares about the millions of people he's really supposed to be repersenting? They can just go broke or go work three jobs cause "That's the american dream" according to Mr. Bush!

solidground is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 90
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

He doesnt legally have the power to prevent Americans from suing..the Congress has the power..It is messed up though, he should have no opinion on matters such as these, but like you stated, he has vested interests..

TMAN-
      "Then, add to that the fact China's ecomony is going to bust soon, that's going to have a huge impact on us. Just imagine all the stuff we buy from China and them having to raise the price to keep themselves above water. It's going to hit us hard. Every economic expert out there says if China had not won the bid for the 2008 Summer Olympics, they would have already busted. That's the only thing keeping them going right now. People are investing into this because they know the return but once the Olympics leave, they are bound to bust very soon after. According to the experts that is."

Where did you hear/read this, im not saying your wrong but ive seen different views..Without Chinas economy, our countrys economy would completely bust and fall apart..Chinas economy is the center of the global economy and is way stronger right now then ours. Mostly bc of our huge national debt, China has our future in their hands
      (candidates@google:ron paul )

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER View Post
      I honestly think you are forgetting how much pull our country has. Aslong as people keep making excuses for them, there will never be a fix to anything. When our country decides to for once be in agreeance on something, then maybe.....just maybe there will be a solution. But I doubt that will ever happen.

If suing opec was not going to help us, congress wouldn't have approved it. They see the crisis we're in, and know the public is fed up with all of the corruption and backroom deals. They finally stood up and did what the public wanted, and of course Bush & Cheney with their dirty little hands in the oil industry of course are going to veto it! It would be jeopardizing their interests, their supporters interests, their families interests, and their friends interests. Who cares about the millions of people he's really supposed to be repersenting? They can just go broke or go work three jobs cause "That's the american dream" according to Mr. Bush!
      congress only approves things that help us? i dont agree with that! i havnt heard the big public outcry to sue opec. now, granted, i've been pretty busy loosing a bunch of money lately, so maybe i've missed it, but i cant say that i've heard anyone saying that. now, i do agree with you that bush dosnt seem too willing to help the gas situation, but i dont think opec is our answer...yea, bio-fuel, wind power, solar power, blah, blah, blah...whatever, these things will help in the long run, but RIGHT now, it seems that the problem is with the record proffits with the "exxons" of the world. i would tend to think bush bounced this becouse it may lead to the "exxons" getting sued. opec suing? that dosnt make sence. they maybe a splinter in our hand, but the refineries and big oil companies are the ones with the gun to our heads! and note, congress AINT looking to do anything to them...they (big oil) are an equal opportunity employer, they employee all fascets of the executive branches of government!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

superdog
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

1. The bush family is owned by the saudis.

2. Whoever wrote that thing about China`s economy really doesn`t have a good grasp of what is going on. We (us economists) made an estimate of what would happen if we totally cut off trade with China (in case of Taiwan war, etc) US GDP down 13%. Yeah, billions but not end of the world stuff. Plus China`s economy is no where crashing, some areas of China are experiencing a 24% growth rate (coastal regions). China`s biggest problem is inflation because wages are climbing too fast.

Be careful about believing experts who have some hidden agenda.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

how exactly would suing opec make the oil companies charge less and cut their proffits for refined gas?...i dont get it.

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

ummmmmmm, let's see

in 1990 approximately 1 billion capitalist people in the world

in 2007 approximately 4 billion capitalist people in the world

leaving 2.4 billion under some form of dictatorship, etc., which most are slowly eroding, within 20 years, this number will be under a billion

Supply and Demand, more folks working under the realm of freedom, uhhhhhh, can we say COMPETITION

Let's See Now

785 cars per 1000 mericans
      8 cars per 1000 chinekesies
      6 cars per 1000 indiaindians

China going bust, roflmao, fwiw, china has had 9-10% a year growth for a few decades now. Uhhhhhhhhh, merican companies been in china since the early '70's.

It's called Supply and Demand, they have cheap labor, they have mega capital, and yeah i know folks hate their style of govt. blah blah blah, yet, it is how captial likes it, stable, and has been for a long time. Now, foreign captial, don't like it alot, yet, locals capital is fine.

Ummmmm, do you think it costs more, to drill a well in 5,000 feet of water or 100 feet, or in west texas?

Inflation, too much demand not enough supply, yes wages are growing yet the deman is high, everyone in the world wants cheap labor.

Don't worry, be Happy.

In all of man kind we've had one way forward, always, progress.

We are living in an era where we have seen more phenomenal things in the last 50 years than in the whole history of the world.

I'm like exicited, orgasm like, too see what the next 25 will bring.

See, what will it be like when you have 5 billion free brains working on solving problems together, man we jiss getting started.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

^uuuuummm....yea. was that an answer to a question?....am i missing something?...your getting trippy on me trip!

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

oh, i get trippy on negativity without a context in reality

like the good old days, lol, yeah i can see trip living in 1907, no air conditioning, no protein shakes, no gym, no refrigerators for my 10 lbs of steaks, and like i like walking, hey i like my car with ac

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
      oh, i get trippy on negativity without a context in reality

like the good old days, lol, yeah i can see trip living in 1907, no air conditioning, no protein shakes, no gym, no refrigerators for my 10 lbs of steaks, and like i like walking, hey i like my car with ac
      lol..alright. i hear ya...kinda had me worried a little bro. all's good

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...