The thing you have to remember is the guys who wear shirts are training to get stronger in a shirt. They are going to a shirt meet so the training is different from Raw training. We work our top end more with chains, bands, and boards. It is a whole different routine then when you are training raw. Call shirts ego builder or what ever. Shirts are more of a challenge and more fun. I feel strongly I would not still be lifting after 17 years of competing if I did not wear a shirt. Yeah shirts have been improved over the years but it is still a huge challenge to put up the big weights. I see a lot of Raw guys getting injured and some never coming back because of torn pecks messed up shoulders. I have had some injuries but nothing career ending because the shirt helps me stay in a hobby that I love. Yes i am stronger in a shirt then raw but to keep my numbers going up I have to get stronger in a different way then raw in my shirt. i have worn the same double Phenom shirt for the last two years and I finally hit a 800 at 253 body weight. I took my shirt off for the last 3 weeks and I couldnt even go all the way down with 500 raw because my shoulder hurt so bad at the bottom of the press. I usually do 500 like 135. I did boards and still was weak from my shoulder bothering me. My logic hear is with out the shirt I would of not been able to compete and have fun at a hobby that I love. I really feel a lot of Raw guys try shirts and they dont train with someone like my self that knows how to use a shirt and they get frustrated and the name calling begins. To each his own support each other. It is both strength in one way or another.

I just see to much hating. I am strong raw and shirted. I choose to lift shirted because it is fun to me and is a challenge. I think there is so much more to shirted lifting so much to remember and do with form and strength to get the weight up. It is more of a lock out strength. Raw is great if that is what you choose. I just dont like to see all the knocking down on shirt lifters. A lot of us are strong raw or shirted.

I think some of these young kids need to realize it is two different strengths. I think a lot of them are misinformed and do not understand there is a difference in training for raw and shirted. I think it does need to be brought up once in awhile otherwise the hating goes on over stupid theories of jealousy.