• Join Us!
  • Why is it SO hard?
  • Why is it SO hard?
  • Why is it SO hard?
  • Why is it SO hard?
  • Why is it SO hard?
  • Why is it SO hard?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is it SO hard?

Shaun_C is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 441
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Unhappy Why is it SO hard?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?

• Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?
      Why is it so dang hard to meet people?

I mean I don't get it at all, it's not exactly rocket science and it's pretty basic. Yet year after year I continuously have problems developping friendships. And even forming romantic connections with women.

And it's not like I don't try, I've even considering using online sites like Lavalife and Tango Personels. But as of yet I haven't developed the courage to register. Mainly because being unemployed and not having my own place, I don't (IMPO) have a lot to bring to the table at the moment. And I'll NEVER forget the words someone said to me. This person's not a member here, but since the board's open to public w/o logging in. I'd rather not risk that said person happens to find this board or this thread

And I can honestly say that I'm not socially inept. Although admittedly cute women do make me a little nervous. But if I'm made to feel comfortable I'm a decent conversationalist. And I'm not an alpha-male but I can honestly say that while I'm not 100% self confident that I'm not "Charlie Brown" wishy washy either

But dang if it isn't hard for me. And some people make it seem so easy, with all the MILF stories/1-nighter stories I overhear people telling. And I am human and everybody deserves to have some friends and a gf.

Wow felt good to write it out like that

brody13
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Why is it SO hard?

You sound a lot like me bro, I just came to a new college last year and I have only developed 2 real friends (1 from when I was 6 years old, just re-met him after a couple years), so basically only 1. It is hard to meet people if you are anything like me, usually willing to have a good conversation with someone, but not willing to go out and start one. I have a fear of rejection in almost any situation, so I don't pursue anything to much. For me I have to learn to overcome that and understand that I shouldn't care what others think of me. I don't know you, but I am sure you have an obstacle to overcome just as I do. Hope that helps a little. Just get out there and start talking to everyone you see!

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun_C View Post

I mean I don't get it at all, it's not exactly rocket science and it's pretty basic. Yet year after year I continuously have problems developping friendships. And even forming romantic connections with women.

And it's not like I don't try, I've even considering using online sites like Lavalife and Tango Personels. But as of yet I haven't developed the courage to register. Mainly because being unemployed and not having my own place, I don't (IMPO) have a lot to bring to the table at the moment. And I'll NEVER forget the words someone said to me. This person's not a member here, but since the board's open to public w/o logging in. I'd rather not risk that said person happens to find this board or this thread

And I can honestly say that I'm not socially inept. Although admittedly cute women do make me a little nervous. But if I'm made to feel comfortable I'm a decent conversationalist. And I'm not an alpha-male but I can honestly say that while I'm not 100% self confident that I'm not "Charlie Brown" wishy washy either

But dang if it isn't hard for me. And some people make it seem so easy, with all the MILF stories/1-nighter stories I overhear people telling. And I am human and everybody deserves to have some friends and a gf.

As far as friends, you can go to chat rooms and start chatting with people. Also there is a website https://www.meetup.com/ where people who share common interests in the same city can meetup and do events together. I'm part of the French meetup group since I am French. I've met a lot of people from the group from all over the place. There are people from South Korea, South America, Europe and Canada who joined the group because of their interest in the french language and culture. One of the ladies in the group is also part of the knitting meetup group. Another guy is also part of a dog owners meetup group. There are tons and tons of meetups for all types of interests. Try searching that site for whatever interests you and see if they have a meetup group in your city. I'm sure if you find one and start going to the meetings, you'll probably end up meeting a special lady? Good luck.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

Rolsroyce is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 409
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun_C View Post

i think we have all had that nervous feeling when we meet a smoking hot chick, pretty normal. Maybe you are trying too hard bro. I know when I just dont care I seem to attract babes like a magnet. Same thing like when you are dating someone all the sudden every chick around wants to talk to you.Relax and enjoy life and go do things and you will meet folks. You never meet people at the gym?

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

wow bro...i dont know what to say..(yea, thats a first)...are you going to any social functions? old enough for the bar? i never had a prob. making friends, and had little prob. with the ladies. joke around. dont b intimidated...i mean, i go to the gym, and just strike convo's with peeps about whatever. most people are dying to talk about thereselve's, just give them an open door. ask if "that" was there car outside (mustang, camaro, whatever). it probobly wont be, but people like cars, and you can start a convo from there...women? well, thats diff. you gotta get over the fear of rejection thing. do you know how many beutiful women stand around NOT dancing becouse all the guy's are affraid to say hi??!! why do you think there's so many dork's with hot chick's!!! go say hi!!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Sal Paradise is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 195
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I can honestly say i don't usually have a problem meeting people IF I decide it's in my interest. most of the time I am just not that willing to put my time out for someone else - I'm very selfish with my time. If we don't hit it off for some reason fairly quickly I simply move on. I don't have much time in this world and I'm not going to waste it on a "possibilty"

Now I can say I used to be very much like you and very shy and intoverted.
      It just came to me one day when I was out -WHY? why should I be sitting here and watching all these other people mingling and having a good time and no one bothers to notice me. Screw it - I simply found a way to be myself/find my own way of being. If your can be happy with who you are it really helps.

Just remember this very very simple fact - If you go to talk to someone and the fear of rejection is there or you're worried they'll say no - who cares!
      How much worse off are you?
      You had nothing before and they said "no" you still have nothing.
      But damn it's sure worth a try. If you say nothing or do nothing there ain't a chance in hell you'll get anywhere.
      You can't win the jackpot if you don't play and talking to a girl has a heck of a lot better odds than playing the numbers.

Sal

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Women can smell your nerves from a mile away! Just stop trying. I know that sounds a little funny but it's just like Rolls said, just chill and they'll come around. You could always snatch on it before you go out, that may help ya relax and not really care, lol!

CJ24/7
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

be yourself brother women like "real" people

Rolsroyce is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 409
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
      Women can smell your nerves from a mile away! Just stop trying. I know that sounds a little funny but it's just like Rolls said, just chill and they'll come around. You could always snatch on it before you go out, that may help ya relax and not really care, lol!
      LOL...

kdogg is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 41
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The laid back, I don't give a f*ck, nothing to lose approach usually works. You don't want to seem desparate. A confident happy-go-lucky guy with a sense of humor can have any girl he wants...to an extent.

The same goes with friends, male or female, desparation can be sensed a mile away. Just let things flow and, most importantly, be yourself.

Rolsroyce made a good point which can apply to both women and jobs. When you are dating or employed everybody is throwing it at you.

I wish you luck.

-kdog
      There are three types of people in this world.
      Those who can count and those who can't.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rolsroyce View Post
      i think we have all had that nervous feeling when we meet a smoking hot chick, pretty normal. Maybe you are trying too hard bro. I know when I just dont care I seem to attract babes like a magnet. Same thing like when you are dating someone all the sudden every chick around wants to talk to you.Relax and enjoy life and go do things and you will meet folks. You never meet people at the gym?

I HAD NO PROBLEMS BANGING MY WIFE WHEN I MET HER. IT WAS HER THAT DIDNT WANT TO BANG ME. SHE WAITIED CLOSE TO 2 WEEKS BEFORE GIVING UP THE KITTY
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      I HAD NO PROBLEMS BANGING MY WIFE WHEN I MET HER. IT WAS HER THAT DIDNT WANT TO BANG ME. SHE WAITIED CLOSE TO 2 WEEKS BEFORE GIVING UP THE KITTY
      I know you were thankin God for those roofies weren't ya sparky?

angryoldman is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'll be your friend! Can I borrow $100?
      “I don't look ahead... I keep focused on my next opponent. I am looking forward to my next opponent, I don't think past that point.”
      --Manny Pacquiao

Big Mike's speach to Congress telling them to phuque off on the steroid ban:

https://www.moviewavs.com/0049230534/...y/statemnt.mp3

Fitnessgeared's resident Smart ass

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      wow bro...i dont know what to say..(yea, thats a first)...are you going to any social functions? old enough for the bar?
      Very rarely do I get invited out. Actually the last person (an ex-friend) who invited me out eventually played that idiotic "Who else is going to hang with you but me" card. So other then my annual Convention trips I don't socialize much

[QUOTE=Sal Paradise;780531Now I can say I used to be very much like you and very shy and intoverted.
      [/QUOTE]

I'm kind of a hodge podge, I'm shy but not shy at the same time. If that makes any sense. And I'm a loner with extrovertive tendencies, meaning that if you talk to me like I'm NOT a freak. I'm pretty sociable meaning I'll crack jokes and what not

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?

• Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?
      • Why is it SO hard?
      Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      wow bro...i dont know what to say..(yea, thats a first)...are you going to any social functions? old enough for the bar?
      Very rarely do I get invited out. Actually the last person (an ex-friend) who invited me out eventually played that idiotic "Who else is going to hang with you but me" card. So other then my annual Convention trips I don't socialize much

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
      Now I can say I used to be very much like you and very shy and intoverted.
      I'm kind of a hodge podge, I'm shy but not shy at the same time. If that makes any sense. And I'm a loner with extrovertive tendencies, meaning that if you talk to me like I'm NOT a freak. I'm pretty sociable meaning I'll crack jokes and what not