• Join Us!
  • Thyroid issues
  • Thyroid issues
  • Thyroid issues
  • Thyroid issues
  • Thyroid issues
  • Thyroid issues
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Thyroid issues

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Thyroid issues

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues

• Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues
      Any of you guys have a problem with your Thyroid or know of someone who does? I'm getting mine checked out, about 15 yrs ago I was borderline hyper and I'm thinkin it's gotten worse. I can't keep weight steady worth a damn regardless of how I eat, night sweats that are just plain rediculous, my hands shake with or without the caffeine, so do the legs from time to time for that matter. I've basically got all the symptoms of a hyper thyroid. Maybe once I get this straightened out I can actually get supasized, lol!

Rolsroyce is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 409
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Thyroid issues

My mother in law has hypo and takes T4 for it but i dont know anyone that is hyper bro. Sounds like you are on the right track with the symptoms you describe.

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Mine is simple, it's slow as hell, period. I started adding a little more carbs for just a week and boom...the weight in my face started coming back. It pisses me off to no end. But, it's the same with everyone, if you can't gain, you want to, if you can't lose, you want to. We all want what we cant get. lol

But, I can tell you this bro, if you really had hyperthyroidism you would be skinny. That's what happens. It's like being on T3 all the time, you would have minimal muscle and not be anywhere near as big as you are. We all have limitations as to how big we can get genetically. You might have maxed out the 'supps' you are using and need to go with some completely unorthidox cycle next time. You take a guy like Deon Sanders, that's an example of hyperthyroidism, that's not you bro. And, I can guarantee that your injured wrist has played havoc on your size potential. It's going to limit your options, your weights, a lot of stuff.

Anyways, I would bet if you wrist was 100% and you could go 100%, you would be gaining again. Good luck with the test and let us know what your hear, it would be interesting to see if it did speed up. Which has me thinking, as you have gotten bigger over the years, I assume you added more and more cals to compensate for the increase in calorie burning. Just as an example....Let's say you weigh 200 and 3,000 cals make you grow. Then you get to 220, well 3,000 isn't going to do much anymore, so you need 3,500 cals. Then you hit 240, got eat even more. But, here's the one thing that most all of us over look, all that food has to be digested, which burns calories too. I read a whole thing on it once about how to calculate the additional cals you burn just from digestion into your diet. It was very in depth but if a person goes from 3,000 cals to 4,000 cals that a lot more energy just in digestion, not to mention all the new muscle. I know I could grow like a weed with 4,000 cals a day. That's how I got from the 210 I weighed when I moved to Colorado to the 250 I'm at now. I added some blubber with it but no doubt I'm much bigger than I was. I'm probably up a good 20 to 25 pounds of solid muscle and the rest is fat. I'm just guessing because my waist was a 33 when I moved here and now it's a 36 so I know that's good for about 20 pounds of fat. lol

On another note, with the symptons, you may have some kind of glucose inbalance. I get some of those syptoms when I'm low on blood sugar. Are you on IGF or GH right now? Are you on anything to increase insulin or reduce blood sugar?
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

6p6 is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 29.0%
      is armed and ready...R U?

I am:
      Wtf

Level

my mom has grave's disease which affects the thyroid amongst other symptoms. She had to have her thyroid "radiated" out. Basically they use radiation to burn it away, something like that. She is on fultime thyroid meds now.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6p6 View Post
      my mom has grave's disease which affects the thyroid amongst other symptoms. She had to have her thyroid "radiated" out. Basically they use radiation to burn it away, something like that. She is on fultime thyroid meds now.
      Same deal with my cousin.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues

• Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues
      • Thyroid issues
      Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      Mine is simple, it's slow as hell, period. I started adding a little more carbs for just a week and boom...the weight in my face started coming back. It pisses me off to no end. But, it's the same with everyone, if you can't gain, you want to, if you can't lose, you want to. We all want what we cant get. lol

But, I can tell you this bro, if you really had hyperthyroidism you would be skinny. That's what happens. It's like being on T3 all the time, you would have minimal muscle and not be anywhere near as big as you are. We all have limitations as to how big we can get genetically. You might have maxed out the 'supps' you are using and need to go with some completely unorthidox cycle next time. You take a guy like Deon Sanders, that's an example of hyperthyroidism, that's not you bro. And, I can guarantee that your injured wrist has played havoc on your size potential. It's going to limit your options, your weights, a lot of stuff.

Anyways, I would bet if you wrist was 100% and you could go 100%, you would be gaining again. Good luck with the test and let us know what your hear, it would be interesting to see if it did speed up. Which has me thinking, as you have gotten bigger over the years, I assume you added more and more cals to compensate for the increase in calorie burning. Just as an example....Let's say you weigh 200 and 3,000 cals make you grow. Then you get to 220, well 3,000 isn't going to do much anymore, so you need 3,500 cals. Then you hit 240, got eat even more. But, here's the one thing that most all of us over look, all that food has to be digested, which burns calories too. I read a whole thing on it once about how to calculate the additional cals you burn just from digestion into your diet. It was very in depth but if a person goes from 3,000 cals to 4,000 cals that a lot more energy just in digestion, not to mention all the new muscle. I know I could grow like a weed with 4,000 cals a day. That's how I got from the 210 I weighed when I moved to Colorado to the 250 I'm at now. I added some blubber with it but no doubt I'm much bigger than I was. I'm probably up a good 20 to 25 pounds of solid muscle and the rest is fat. I'm just guessing because my waist was a 33 when I moved here and now it's a 36 so I know that's good for about 20 pounds of fat. lol

On another note, with the symptons, you may have some kind of glucose inbalance. I get some of those syptoms when I'm low on blood sugar. Are you on IGF or GH right now? Are you on anything to increase insulin or reduce blood sugar?
      No, I'm not on anything at all right now. But you do raise some good points, I'll find out some time today hopefully.