• Join Us!
  • captain america dies:(
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: captain america dies:(

6p6 is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 29.0%
      is armed and ready...R U?

I am:
      Wtf

Level

Default captain america dies:(

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Comic Book Hero Captain America Dies
      Mar 7, 1:11 PM EST

The Associated Press

NEW YORK - Captain America has undertaken his last mission — at least for now.

The venerable superhero is killed in the issue of his namesake comic that hit stands Wednesday, the New York Daily News reported. On the new edition's pages, a sniper shoots down the shield-wielding hero as he leaves a courthouse.

It ends a long run for the stars-and-stripes-we aring character, created in 1941. Over the years, some 210 million copies of Captain America comic books, published by New York-based Marvel Entertainment Inc., have been sold in 75 countries.

But resurrections are not unknown in the world of comics, and Marvel Entertainment Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada said a Captain America comeback wasn't impossible.

Still, the character's death came as a blow to co-creator Joe Simon.

"We really need him now," said Simon, 93, who worked with artist Jack Kirby to devise Captain America as a foe for Adolf ******.

The superhero was spawned when a scrawny arts student named Steve Rogers, ineligible for the army because of his poor health but eager to serve his country, agreed to a "Super Soldier Serum" injection. The substance made him a paragon of physical perfection, armed only with his shield, his strength, his smarts and a command of martial arts.

In the comic-book universe, death is not always final. But even if Captain America turns out to have met his end in print, he may not disappear entirely: Marvel is developing a Captain America movie.

I am:
      Wtf

Level

Default Re: captain america dies:(

will he be back?

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

sorry i missed this before i made my thread...he'll be back. it seems to me that i remember (a long time ago) him taking a head shot, and being pronounced dead...only to heal and return (super soldiers got it like that). they just need to jump start the brand again...the real question is....who did it?
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Capatin America and Wolverine are my favorite super heros. As far as the movie, I hope for one they actually get an actor who is built like a superhero. I'm so tired of these scrawny little guys liek Toby McGuire and Ben Afflack, come on already. Anyone who is small enough to play a horse jockey is too damn small to be a super hero. Period. I will say this, they did a good job on the most recent Superman, that guy fits the image well, I just hope they do Captain America the same justice and get someone who actually has some muslce. You guys remember when Edward Norton got all beefed up for American History X? That's what they need, someone who is willing to bust their but and put on a good 20 pounds of muscle to do the character justice.

On another note, I was thinking about being Captain America and my wife as Wonder Women for Halloween. She's 5'10" with dark brown hair, blue eyse, 36C's and weighs about 125 to 130, so she's perfect for that character. I, on the other hand, would need to lose about 25 pound of lard to pull it off but it would be fun.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6p6 View Post
      will he be back?
      Well, they also killed off Superman and brought him back too. It's probably a marketing tool to get people interested in Captain America again before the movie comes out. There's always an agenda going on behind the scenes.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      Capatin America and Wolverine are my favorite super heros. As far as the movie, I hope for one they actually get an actor who is built like a superhero. I'm so tired of these scrawny little guys liek Toby McGuire and Ben Afflack, come on already. Anyone who is small enough to play a horse jockey is too damn small to be a super hero. Period. I will say this, they did a good job on the most recent Superman, that guy fits the image well, I just hope they do Captain America the same justice and get someone who actually has some muslce. You guys remember when Edward Norton got all beefed up for American History X? That's what they need, someone who is willing to bust their but and put on a good 20 pounds of muscle to do the character justice.

On another note, I was thinking about being Captain America and my wife as Wonder Women for Halloween. She's 5'10" with dark brown hair, blue eyse, 36C's and weighs about 125 to 130, so she's perfect for that character. I, on the other hand, would need to lose about 25 pound of lard to pull it off but it would be fun.
      i disagree with you bro...i think they did a real good job with spidey...that little sh!t busted his ass to get some mass and tone up...daredevil hab a body suit...prefab muscle. i wasnt really all that happy with supermen.
      i too hope they do cap right...i will be most unhappy if they dont.
      we was gonna do the cap and wonderwoman thing a couple years ago, but the costumes out there for cap were real chinsy, so i passed...

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I JUST COULDNT GET INTO BEN AFFLECK AS A SUPER HERO ANY WAY..HOW BOUT YOU GUYS?
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by O2BESOHUGE View Post
      he fit the charector from the comic in build, but i couldnt really becouse it was him...but the chick was an awsome electra!!! she's pretty hot!

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

I am:
      Wtf

Level

Quote Originally Posted by O2BESOHUGE View Post
      I just liked the movie cause of electra!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      i disagree with you bro...i think they did a real good job with spidey...that little sh!t busted his ass to get some mass and tone up...daredevil hab a body suit...prefab muscle. i wasnt really all that happy with supermen.
      i too hope they do cap right...i will be most unhappy if they dont.
      we was gonna do the cap and wonderwoman thing a couple years ago, but the costumes out there for cap were real chinsy, so i passed...
      Well, if you look at Spidey in the comic books, he got big delts, big quads and is just built. Toby McGuire did get lean, but most skinny people are lean. Look at Brad Pitt in Fight Club, he was shredded, but still skinny. Then look at him is Troy and he had much more mass than Fight Club. But, in both movies he had much more mass than Toby McGuire does. The kid is just skin and bones. He has no good developement anywhere. He plays the character well, I will give him that, but he's not anywhere near as built as the comic book hero is. IMO, the absolute best comparison of a human to his character was Lou Ferrigno. That guy actully looked pretty damn close to what the Hulk looked like in the comic books. Many of the X-Men characters were played very well, but go get a copy of a Wolverine comic book and then look at Hugh Jackman. There's no comparison. I'm not talking about the acting, I'm talking about the look and comic book heros are usually built.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      Well, if you look at Spidey in the comic books, he got big delts, big quads and is just built. Toby McGuire did get lean, but most skinny people are lean. Look at Brad Pitt in Fight Club, he was shredded, but still skinny. Then look at him is Troy and he had much more mass than Fight Club. But, in both movies he had much more mass than Toby McGuire does. The kid is just skin and bones. He has no good developement anywhere. He plays the character well, I will give him that, but he's not anywhere near as built as the comic book hero is. IMO, the absolute best comparison of a human to his character was Lou Ferrigno. That guy actully looked pretty damn close to what the Hulk looked like in the comic books. Many of the X-Men characters were played very well, but go get a copy of a Wolverine comic book and then look at Hugh Jackman. There's no comparison. I'm not talking about the acting, I'm talking about the look and comic book heros are usually built.
      well bro, what your talking about is body builders!!! not alot of them can act! and spidey has been drawn alot of different ways over the years. i've seen him look pretty scrawny (like a teenager) in the comics...i was really happy with the job tobey did (and i am no way a fan of his per say)...and have you seen the new wolverine comics!!! dude, nobody, NOBODY could ever be built like that!! markus ruhl and 50 gals of synth. couldnt look like that!!! i agree he (wolverine) in the comics was always drawn alot shorter, and alot bigger...but, you just cant find that actor out there...and the guy who does the job, does have to act...in reality, the only one that i've seen that was pretty close to dead on was hellboy....pillman pulled that off great! also, if we are getting tech. with the comics...superman was more than a tad off...you'd have to have jay cutler die his hair and learn to act to get to the built he's drawn with!
      speaking of superman, i really think they should've tapped the kid from smallville to play that part...he's does it well

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

well bro, what your talking about is body builders!!! not alot of them can act! and spidey has been drawn alot of different ways over the years. i've seen him look pretty scrawny (like a teenager) in the comics...i was really happy with the job tobey did (and i am no way a fan of his per say)...and have you seen the new wolverine comics!!! dude, nobody, NOBODY could ever be built like that!! markus ruhl and 50 gals of synth. couldnt look like that!!! i agree he (wolverine) in the comics was always drawn alot shorter, and alot bigger...but, you just cant find that actor out there...and the guy who does the job, does have to act...in reality, the only one that i've seen that was pretty close to dead on was hellboy....pillman pulled that off great! also, if we are getting tech. with the comics...superman was more than a tad off...you'd have to have jay cutler die his hair and learn to act to get to the built he's drawn with!
      speaking of superman, i really think they should've tapped the kid from smallville to play that part...he's does it well
      Well, I was basing Superman on the role played by Christopher Reeves. And, like you said, they are drawn so many different ways but if you read Supermans bio, he's like 6'5" and 215 or 220 pounds, which is spot on for the dude who played him. But, like you said, the drawings of some Supermans are more like a guy who's 6'5" and 275 pounds. So, I will conceed then, because there really aren't any good actors that big. But, it would be nice to see someone like Arnold in his prime playing some of these guys. Good night, he would have been able to pull off several characters with his build. As long as he did have to talk. LOL

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

your right...overall, i think they cast pretty good..i enjoy the movies...i just really hope the dont jack captain america up! with my luck, that'll be the one that ends up like a b movie....oh, and i also reserve the right to take back the "pretty good at casting" comment, if they screw up iron man!!! we'll see if what's his face can pull off tony stark (at least he's got a normal built)

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

your right...overall, i think they cast pretty good..i enjoy the movies...i just really hope the dont jack captain america up! with my luck, that'll be the one that ends up like a b movie....oh, and i also reserve the right to take back the "pretty good at casting" comment, if they screw up iron man!!! we'll see if what's his face can pull off tony stark (at least he's got a normal built)
      LOL, ok, I will let you take it back if they screw it up. LOL

Who is playing Iron Man?

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I SHOULD PLAY WOLVERINE
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/