• Join Us!
  • Ok, now I need some help...
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ok, now I need some help...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Ok, now I need some help...

For starters, I'm trying to get down to 210 and really lean. I was doing a 3 day split and wasn't losing any weight so I swithced to a 4 day split to get an extra day of cardio in. So, I've been doing a 4 day split for about a month and I stopped the drol AND dbol last week. I was getting sick on Wed so I didn't go to the gym, didn't eat crap all day, just laid around and rested. I go to the gym yesterday and I weigh 250. WTFH?!?!? I tought for sure I would have started dropping weight after stopping both dbol AND drol. But no, I'm up 5 pounds from where I was last dam week. I only get on the scale once a week and it's alway around the same time of day. I'm doing cardio 4 days a week and I've cut out all the crap food like fast food and chips and all that. Basically everything I eat is pretty clean. Sure, I may have some mac and cheese with my grilled chicken and broccoli but it's not like I eat the whole damn box. And, my pants are looser and even my wife is saying "what are you on?" Even a couple of my clients have said stuff the last couple weeks about my face looking much leaner than it did. (I got really fat during my Achilles tear rehab)

So, here's my dilema. I can't jog because my calf is still pretty weak and I just end up with shin splints. So, what else can I do. I've been cutting back on carbs but it's just not enough. I know once I can jog I will loose it quickly. I was kicking the soccer ball around with my son the other day and I was getting winded just going after the ball. But, I can get on the eliptical and go crazy without dying. I'm really in a catch 22 here guys. I need to jog because I think that's the thoughest thing on my body, however, I need to be careful of my Achilles still.

Now, I do realize that I'm getting muscle back that I lost and I do realize the omna/eq/npp is adding muscle. Should I just be more patient? I know the more muscle I add the more calories I will burn but I can't keep going up in weight. It just makes it that much harder on my Achilles. I was really hoping to be down to 230 by now but instead I'm up 10 pounds from when I started back. I was 240 when I started back. Of course, that was a very soft and squishy 240.

Any ideas you guys can give, any diet plans, anything will be much appreciated. I really want to drop down to atleast 225. At this point I'm thinking 210 is unrealistic. So, if I can make 225 that 25 pounds off of where I am now and that would be a huge difference. I'm doing everything I know to do and it's not working so I need some outside advise. I'm sure there is something I'm over looking or something I need to do differently but I need a different perspective on it.

Also, just to let you know what my training looks like, I've been wearing my Polar HR monitor through my whole workout and for the past month my average HR has been in the high 120's to low 130's for 90 minutes straight. That's 90 minutes of being in the fat burining zone. Some workouts (quad day especially) my average HR is in the high 140's. That's 90 minutes of that and still I can't lose weight.

Thanks!
      Last edited by T-Man007; 03-02-2007 at 05:48 PM.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

bowbow is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Ok, now I need some help...

Well what type of weight are you putting on? Muscle or fat? I don't want to sound like like a smart ass but to me it sounds like all you need is a drastic cut in calorie count. If your putting weight on that easy your eating to much wether it's clean or not.
      Can you ride a bike? those spinner bikes work well for me for cardio.

Boy I wish I had your problem. lol
      Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by bowbow View Post
      Well what type of weight are you putting on? Muscle or fat? I don't want to sound like like a smart ass but to me it sounds like all you need is a drastic cut in calorie count. If your putting weight on that easy your eating to much wether it's clean or not.
      Can you ride a bike? those spinner bikes work well for me for cardio.

Boy I wish I had your problem. lol
      It's deffinately muscle and I have cut back on the total cals too. Here's my day:
      Protein shake
      Protein shake
      whole food lunch (usually chicken or steak) with little carbs
      protein shake
      whole food dinner (same)
      whole food supper (usually around 9:00)
      Micellar protein shake before bed

I usually eat some fruit with my shakes and veggies with my whole food meals. It changes from day to day depending on my schedule but first thing in the morning is a shake.

I could probably ride a spinning bike on lower intensity. I do get a good workout from the cardio bike and eliptical but it's still not the same as making your body move against gravity, IMO.

NICKD is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 153
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      ...Also, just to let you know what my training looks like, I've been wearing my Polar HR monitor through my whole workout and for the past month my average HR has been in the high 220's to low 230's for 90 minutes straight. That's 90 minutes of being in the fat burining zone. Some workouts (quad day especially) my average HR is in the high 140's. That's 90 minutes of that and still I can't lose weight.

Thanks!
      I'm going to assume that's a typo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you know how many calories you're getting each day and what the macro breakdown is? If not, you could be very detailed and outline a typical day of eating. Are you doing strength training aside from the cardio? If so, how many days a week? I understand the cardio is being done 4 days a week. That's fine for now. Keep using that eliptical, but also concentrate on strengthening your achilles (perhaps you are doing that through physical therapy, I dunno). Like was mentioned earlier, it's probably a calorie issue. That doesn't mean you couldn't make some great changes without adjusting total cals. Nutrient timining is very important. Give me more to work with.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by NICKD View Post
      I'm going to assume that's a typo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you know how many calories you're getting each day and what the macro breakdown is? If not, you could be very detailed and outline a typical day of eating. Are you doing strength training aside from the cardio? If so, how many days a week? I understand the cardio is being done 4 days a week. That's fine for now. Keep using that eliptical, but also concentrate on strengthening your achilles (perhaps you are doing that through physical therapy, I dunno). Like was mentioned earlier, it's probably a calorie issue. That doesn't mean you couldn't make some great changes without adjusting total cals. Nutrient timining is very important. Give me more to work with.
      Yeah, I meant 120's and 130's. I'll fix it. LOL

I do cardio before weights so I do both 4 days a week. Ok, I'll track my diet for a couple days and report back. I know I just need an outside perspective on this. Thanks.

PS - I know I have a slow metabolism which is why I'm an easy gainer. I can gain weight like crazy, I just can't lose it very well. But, with that said, I'm not as active as I would like to be and that's what I'm working towards. The more activity I can get in the better it will be. Man, I can't wait until it warms up. Then I can hike and ride my mountain bike again.
      Last edited by T-Man007; 03-02-2007 at 05:51 PM.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

ok..you dropped the drol and dbol just last week, and your still on omna's, eq and..what was it..oh yea, npp...and your surprised that you GAINING weight??!! ummmm...did i read that wrong? your face is leaner (so, youe dropping some water) but your weight went up....bro, i'm no expert by any means, but maybe...maybe cut back a little on the "supplements"? like try omna's and npp only?..or maybe shoulda went with test/tren? maybe i'm way off, but i would expect myself to gain weight on omna's, eq and npp..(not to mention, you just dropped the drol and dbol last week)...am i phuqed up?
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      ok..you dropped the drol and dbol just last week, and your still on omna's, eq and..what was it..oh yea, npp...and your surprised that you GAINING weight??!! ummmm...did i read that wrong? your face is leaner (so, youe dropping some water) but your weight went up....bro, i'm no expert by any means, but maybe...maybe cut back a little on the "supplements"? like try omna's and npp only?..or maybe shoulda went with test/tren? maybe i'm way off, but i would expect myself to gain weight on omna's, eq and npp..(not to mention, you just dropped the drol and dbol last week)...am i phuqed up?
      Yeah, but I'm not eating to gain, I'm eating to lose and I'm doing cardio 4 days a week. I know the omna/eq/npp will add muscle, but I'm gaining just as fast as I would if I was eating to gain, which I'm not. When I'm intentionally gaining I eat aroudn 4,000 cals a day and do zero cardio. I'm probably eating 3,000 to 3,500 cals a day and doing cardio 4 days a week. And, people usually lose weight after they stop drol and/or dbol, not gain weight.

Also, I MUST have the npp and eq for the increased collagen production. You know, for my Achilles. If I was doing test/tren I would probably have already torn it again. It will take it about 1 year to get back to 100%. Test reduces collagen production and tren doesn't do anything for it. So, EQ and NPP are the best choices. They are lean mass gainers and they increase collagen production the most, which is why they are in there. The half life of drol and dbol are so short that they should both be ineffective by now. Now do you understand? How does someone drop two water retaining aas, eat for lean gains, do cardio 4 days a week and still gain? If I was eating like I do on a bulking cycle I would have never even started the thread, but I'm not. See the confusion? It's driving me crazy. I did cut my carbs really low and it took about 4 days and I started looking real flat so I had to bump them back up.

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Yeah, but I'm not eating to gain, I'm eating to lose and I'm doing cardio 4 days a week. I know the omna/eq/npp will add muscle, but I'm gaining just as fast as I would if I was eating to gain, which I'm not. When I'm intentionally gaining I eat aroudn 4,000 cals a day and do zero cardio. I'm probably eating 3,000 to 3,500 cals a day and doing cardio 4 days a week. And, people usually lose weight after they stop drol and/or dbol, not gain weight.

Also, I MUST have the npp and eq for the increased collagen production. You know, for my Achilles. If I was doing test/tren I would probably have already torn it again. It will take it about 1 year to get back to 100%. Test reduces collagen production and tren doesn't do anything for it. So, EQ and NPP are the best choices. They are lean mass gainers and they increase collagen production the most, which is why they are in there. The half life of drol and dbol are so short that they should both be ineffective by now. Now do you understand? How does someone drop two water retaining aas, eat for lean gains, do cardio 4 days a week and still gain? If I was eating like I do on a bulking cycle I would have never even started the thread, but I'm not. See the confusion? It's driving me crazy. I did cut my carbs really low and it took about 4 days and I started looking real flat so I had to bump them back up.

I don't think the supplements you're taking are going to help you with losing weight. I understand you want to increase collagen to help your achilles tendon heal, but if you want to cut, you have to take cutting drugs. Also if your achilles tendon is not fully healed, I'd save the cutting for later. For me the elliptical doesn't do jack. I can go on there for an hour and only burn like 700 calories. Try doing that inclined treadmill walk if your tendons will allow it. I burned 1113 calories today walking at 4.2mph for 1 hour at an elevation of 15. I really didn't start losing weight until I did that or jog at about 6.5mph for 30 minutes at an incline of 5. Also you may want to do cardio 6 days a week if possible. The more cardio, the better results you will see. You may also want to eat less that 3000 calories. Try no more than 2500 calories.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

so what your saying is...i am phuqed up!! lol...i see what your saying, but then i'd have to say, bring the calories down some more. also, make sure your ratio's of protien to carbs to fat is in check with those cals...
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

^^ Looks like we are both being misled by the scale of Satan! lol

Yep, I'm going to skip the scale for a whole month and see how that goes. I'm just going to use the old tape measure around the belly button. If it goes down, I'm doing things right.