• Join Us!
  • James Cameron found Jesus?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: James Cameron found Jesus?

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default James Cameron found Jesus?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Scholars, Clergymen Criticize New Documentary on Alleged Tomb of Jesus Christ
      Monday , February 26, 2007

JERUSALEM —

Archaeologists and clergymen in the Holy Land derided claims in a new documentary produced by the Oscar-winning director James Cameron that contradict major Christian tenets.

"The Lost Tomb of Christ," which the Discovery Channel will run on March 4, argues that 10 ancient ossuaries — small caskets used to store bones — discovered in a suburb of Jerusalem in 1980 may have contained the bones of Jesus and his family, according to a press release issued by the Discovery Channel.

One of the caskets even bears the title, "Judah, son of Jesus," hinting that Jesus may have had a son. And the very fact that Jesus had an ossuary would contradict the Christian belief that he was resurrected and ascended to heaven.

Speakout: Do you think it's possible that James Cameron discovered the skeleton of Jesus?

Most Christians believe Jesus' body spent three days at the site of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem's Old City. The burial site identified in Cameron's documentary is in a southern Jerusalem neighborhood nowhere near the church.

In 1996, when the BBC aired a short documentary on the same subject, archaeologists challenged the claims. Amos Kloner, the first archaeologist to examine the site, said the idea fails to hold up by archaeological standards but makes for profitable television.

"They just want to get money for it," Kloner said.

The claims have raised the ire of Christian leaders in the Holy Land.

"The historical, religious and archaeological evidence show that the place where Christ was buried is the Church of the Resurrection," said Attallah Hana, a Greek Orthodox clergyman in Jerusalem. The documentary, he said, "contradicts the religious principles and the historic and spiritual principles that we hold tightly to."

Stephen Pfann, a biblical scholar at the University of the Holy Land in Jerusalem who was interviewed in the documentary, said the film's hypothesis holds little weight.

"I don't think that Christians are going to buy into this," Pfann said. "But skeptics, in general, would like to see something that pokes holes into the story that so many people hold dear."

"How possible is it?" Pfann said. "On a scale of one through 10 — 10 being completely possible — it's probably a one, maybe a one and a half."

Pfann is even unsure that the name "Jesus" on the caskets was read correctly. He thinks it's more likely the name "Hanun."

Kloner also said the filmmakers' assertions are false.

"It was an ordinary middle-class Jerusalem burial cave," Kloner said. "The names on the caskets are the most common names found among Jews at the time."

Archaeologists also balk at the filmmaker's claim that the James Ossuary — the center of a famous antiquities fraud in Israel — might have originated from the same cave. In 2005, Israel charged five suspects with forgery in connection with the infamous bone box.

"I don't think the James Ossuary came from the same cave," said Dan Bahat, an archaeologist at Bar-Ilan University. "If it were found there, the man who made the forgery would have taken something better. He would have taken Jesus."

Although the documentary makers claim to have found the tomb of Jesus, the British Broadcasting Corporation beat them to the punch by 11 years.

Osnat Goaz, a spokeswoman for the Israeli government agency responsible for archaeology, declined to comment before the documentary was aired.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: James Cameron found Jesus?

Of course I call bull****! So why do you guys think that Holywood in general seems so dead set on attacking Christianity? Wouldn't these people be the first in line to ***** and moan if the same attacks were made against Islam, Buddism, Scientology, etc....???

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Bull****! How in the hell could they even prove something that ridiculous? They can't! Period! As for the casket that supposidly saying the son of Jesus, so what! Does anyone believe that The Jesus was the ONLY Jesus that lived in that area? LMAO! I'm sure that name was used time and time again, just as it is in the Latino areas. It's just a name, how stupid does a person have to be to actually believe they would find the bones of Jesus and the caskets around it would actually read 'son of Jesus' on it. Good Lord, people are just plain stupid.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

PS - if, and this is not something I would even consider, but even if Jesus was not resurrected, don't you think his people would have hid his body? Even the Roman guards who were guarding the tomb admitted the body was in fact gone. So, where did it go? Certainly they wouldn't move the body and then start labeling the caskets.

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I saw this on the news too. One of the tombs supposedly stated "Jesus, son of Joseph" and there were two more buried by the name of Mary with "Jesus" along with Judah.

It won't mean a thing to anyone. They don't have to find Jesus' bones for me to know that he didn't rise from the dead and Christians won't believe its his bones and they probably aren't.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I had also heard that they were gonna do dna testing, lol! I wasn't aware that they stored dna back then to have something to compare it to lol!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
      I had also heard that they were gonna do dna testing, lol! I wasn't aware that they stored dna back then to have something to compare it to lol!
      DNA from what? You can't get DNA from bones, you have to have soft tissue or hair or something like that. And yes, LMAO, what exactly are they going to compare the DNA to? This is where scienece goes too far. They expect science to answer everything, but it can't. Science only goes so far and then God takes over.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      DNA from what? You can't get DNA from bones, you have to have soft tissue or hair or something like that. And yes, LMAO, what exactly are they going to compare the DNA to? This is where scienece goes too far. They expect science to answer everything, but it can't. Science only goes so far and then God takes over.
      Well they could clone a human from the bones, if there is any dna left and see if he could walk on water or maybe that is what the anti-christ is, a cloned Jesus, just the genetic material of Christ but no soul of god but then again if god is the father there would have to be some supernatural dna right - kinda like the midi-chlorians that help Jedi's use the force. I think a cloned Jesus would have to be the anti-christ.

Even if Jesus resurrected, at some point he would have to shed his physical body right? I mean heaven is as supernatural as the soul, right? So maybe he resurrected, went and saw his friends one last time and then left his body with his family. Then the bones wouldn't have to undermine the resurrection.

I probably watch the program - just to see what they say.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Klash View Post
      Well they could clone a human from the bones, if there is any dna left and see if he could walk on water or maybe that is what the anti-christ is, a cloned Jesus, just the genetic material of Christ but no soul of god but then again if god is the father there would have to be some supernatural dna right - kinda like the midi-chlorians that help Jedi's use the force. I think a cloned Jesus would have to be the anti-christ.

Even if Jesus resurrected, at some point he would have to shed his physical body right? I mean heaven is as supernatural as the soul, right? So maybe he resurrected, went and saw his friends one last time and then left his body with his family. Then the bones wouldn't have to undermine the resurrection.

wow...that's some sh!t there!! lol. now we're into cloning and sh!t??!!
      i probobly wont watch it...it dont matter to me. i believe what i believe, and it dont make a diff if they are or arent his remains....granted, on the wow factor, it's pretty high up there if they are...but, really, does it change anything?
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

ITS GOING TO BE INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST...OR BE LIKE GERALDO AND AL CAPONES VAULT AND IT MAKE A FOOL OUT OF HIM
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

solidground is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 90
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

anyone watch this on tv?
      (candidates@google:ron paul )

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by solidground View Post
      anyone watch this on tv?
      I missed it...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Klash View Post

Actually, it's funny you mention that because after his resuurection, he was seen by many of his friends. As far as what happened to the body, i would say what you said, he was supernatural anyways so why assume the body would have to be left here. Or maybe it was, but it was documented that he was seen after his death. So, that's an interesting theory for the body. Of course, I don't know how he could have fathered kids, lol. But, as I mentioned, I think is goofy to assume that there was only one man Named Jesus during that time frame.