I just got this from powerliftingwatch. What a bunch of shiit!

Dispatches from the New World of Powerlifting “Love us or hate us, there is no one like us!”

It grows and grows and grows! The media hype is on turbo-charge and in the red zone. All the numbers are up, fans attending, vendors, support events, etc., etc. Will the Colts be there, no? Will the Bears be there, no? Can you still get tickets, yes! I am talking about the Arnold Sports Festival featuring the World Powerlifting Organization Finals and Bench For Cash on the main stage. Hit their home web window for ALL information. Tickets are only $10 per day and can be purchased at TICKETMASTER.

KK and The Classic We didn’t want it! They (Arnold direction team) did, the fans did and KK is making it happen! This year there will be a repeat of the “ARONLD SQUAT CHALLENGE’’. If you’re a 900 plus squatter contact Amy Jackson at the office for more info. All contact info is on the WPC home web page. PRIZE $...1st-$300...2nd-$150...3rd-$50 maybe more! No entry fee!

KK realizes that we need more ROOM, even though the current “WPO COMPITITION ARENA” is huge! There may be talks to greatly in increase our area. As for the last seven years I have been there, WE FILL IT!

Arnold Notes KK spends an unreal amount of cash of the production aspects. BODYUSA will be also videoing in HIGH DEFINITION. We ask PLEASE, NO video taping or still pictures! Buy the quality stuff and support these lifters by buying license video-clip and stills. This is STANDARD event policy. I live in a University town and attend events, music concerts of ALL types and the policy is the same, NO PICTURES BY SPECTATORS! Event security will be checking at the door and in the arena. They will delete pictures and have the right to do so.

Did you know that Arnold was three time European POWERLIFTING Champion per Franco!

This WPO event is competition driven! WPO Champion is the ultimate PRO-TITLE!

FROM ME Strength Sports are a common language that can bring people together regardless of politics, race, or religion. WPC/WPO Powerlifting focuses on leadership, teamwork, respect for the rules and one another, plus fun! Success in our sport requires practice, discipline, and determination. We, the WPC/WPO thank the lifter for allowing us to serve you. We are not going to find common ground with others; we are going to build it! Good luck regardless where you lift! We are simply the strongest!...

Thank You for being part of the WPC/WPO, the organization of choice!

Mike Sweeney

And here is Sam Byrd's response:
good luck not allowing cameras in there Mike. Its a damn tourist exhibiton. everyone that is there has a camera!

i know ill have mine.

Please tell me how we are supporting the lifters by buying this footage from 3rd party businesses? Will any of this money be going towards the athletes competing? Are these companies putting up prize money for the winners? Are these lifters going to get anything other than a trophy or medal? If not, then how am i supporting lifters buy giving my money to these other guys?

Looking forward to a reply on this one mike.