• Join Us!
  • PS3...Nintendo Wii
  • PS3...Nintendo Wii
  • PS3...Nintendo Wii
  • PS3...Nintendo Wii
  • PS3...Nintendo Wii
  • PS3...Nintendo Wii
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: PS3...Nintendo Wii

youngN is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 281
      Overall activity: 7.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default PS3...Nintendo Wii

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii

• PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      Whos played them...which is more fun and why?
      Im gonna get so big I cant dress myself

lxorl is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: PS3...Nintendo Wii

never played a wii but looks like it would be cool if you were 8 years old.... im not trying to run in place and swing my arm around...
      I'm Just an old chunk of Coal, But I'm gonna be a DIAMOND some day.

jazzjackrabbit is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 265
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I tried a wii last week-end.
      The graphics are good but far from a ps3.
      The gameplay is very good. When you play with friends it's fun. Even girls enjoy playing.
      Nintendo games are very good (zelda,..) even without great graphics.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Haven't got a shot at the Wii yet.

The PS3 I played Motorstorm which was a highly addicting car game racing in the mountains. Plus the graphics seem superior to Xbox 360, and it comes factory with the ability to play Blu Ray DVD's + a 60gb hard drive to boot!

Xbox 360 is a tad bit cheaper but doesn't come with a Blu Ray DVD player built in. You can however purchase a HD DVD (Not Blu Ray) player for an additional $200 which puts it at the exact price range of a PS3. Xbox 360 does have great graphics and has a huge headstart on games since it's been out for a full year. Xbox is known for first person shooter games so if thats your thing the 360 is for you. However they have been prone to break. Mine just broke last Friday and I have to wait for over 2 weeks to get it back from Microsoft. Not exactly top notch for a system to fail after 5 months of use!

Also don't forget your looking at waaay different prices too.
      Wii is $250, Xbox 360 Pro is $400 , and the PS3 is $600. Big differences in price.

(I didn't include the $300 price for the 360 core because it doesn't come with a hard drive which means you can't save games. By the time you buy that and a wireless controller you would have spent more money than you would if you just bought the $400 pro system from the start.)

youngN is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 281
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

im probably going to get a ps3...Ive got a ps2, psp, might as well get the ps3. Im not much for the Halo type games. I like ps3 simply because of Gran turismo. I wish ps3 was more interactive tho like the wii but im not one for nintendo games
      Im gonna get so big I cant dress myself

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by youngN View Post
      im probably going to get a ps3...Ive got a ps2, psp, might as well get the ps3. Im not much for the Halo type games. I like ps3 simply because of Gran turismo. I wish ps3 was more interactive tho like the wii but im not one for nintendo games
      If you like gran turismo you'll love Motorstorm! Fun game!

jazzjackrabbit is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 265
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I have to see gran turismo and Motorstorm on ps3.
      That's the kind of gain that could make me buy a ps3... if it was cheaper.
      ps3 and xbox360 are too expensive to only play games.

diggi
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Well.. I used to own Xbox 360.. and played PS3 ..never played the new Nintendo Wii.. While Wii looks very nice and probably plays real good its mostly for younger folks.. Still Wii has nice selection of their trademark games like Zelda, Supermario, Metroid, etc.. can't beat that. On the other hand XBOX 360 has all major titles.. most of them exclusive (this would be obvious since the XBOX 360 was before PS3)

Now, I did alot of research (which you can do it yourself also) and what I found out was that PS3 was nothing other then overated console. In some ways Xbox 360 beats PS3. PS3 graphical engine is giving Sony tons of problems thats why most 360 games DO HAVE better graphics.. but this is still early to tell.. PS3 just got out recently so we'll see how it do. 360 is an early winner now.

Best thing about 360 is ofcourse the XBOX Live.. Sony and PS3 can't even compare when it comes to online gaming, XBL beats everything handsdown!

HeHateMe is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 452
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Is the PS3 gonna come down in price anytime soon? I don't think I could justify paying 600 bucks for a video game system...

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGI View Post
      Now, I did alot of research (which you can do it yourself also) and what I found out was that PS3 was nothing other then overated console. In some ways Xbox 360 beats PS3. PS3 graphical engine is giving Sony tons of problems thats why most 360 games DO HAVE better graphics.. but this is still early to tell.. PS3 just got out recently so we'll see how it do. 360 is an early winner now.

Best thing about 360 is ofcourse the XBOX Live.. Sony and PS3 can't even compare when it comes to online gaming, XBL beats everything handsdown!
      Sorry bro I don't mean to try and debate everything but that's not exactly all true.

Xbox 360 is having mega problems with their processors too. So much so that they were forced to extend all warranties from 90 days to a year. My console just fell victim to the notorious freezing screens, and three red lights of death (which means your console will no longer function).

As for graphics 360 only in opinion is superior to the ps3 and it's processors. Actually it's quite the opposite in reality. PS3 has superior processors and has a 60 gb memory to boot! Plus a Blu Ray player built in! Do some research on the freezing screen for 360 and you'll find a whole bunch of threads on it on other sites.

As for Sony and Xbox not comparing when it comes to online that not true either. Xbox charges $50 a year to use their online whereas Sony is free. Xbox used to have the edge in the online community because of the headsets capability, But sony now has headset capability also. I'd rather play online for free with Sony than pay Xbox $50 for their subpar online service.

Half the time the games lag you out, and you can't even play. When you call Microsoft about the issue they say it's the developers server. I tell them that's not my problem because I pay microsoft for online service, not the developer so microsoft should ensure their servers are up to par to match the amount of players! They tell me too bad!

As for games the 360 edges Sony out with first person shooters like Halo, but many of the hit first person titles will be coming to PS3 also like Fear, Rainbow six Vegas, Call of Duty. Sony will have full rights to Metal Gear 4 so there won't be an xbox version of that. So they both have strongpoints when it comes to games.

I'd like to mention last you would think I'd be biased to the 360 since I own one, but quite honestly I'm not to impressed with it's performance or Microsofts desire to put out a quality product without any issues. When the original xbox's came out years ago, they were plagued with cord issues that started people houses on fire. Although the freezing screen which results in the three red lights of death isn't as bad as your house burning down, it's quite annoying to deal with when you spend $400 on a unit!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post
      Is the PS3 gonna come down in price anytime soon? I don't think I could justify paying 600 bucks for a video game system...
      You can buy the base system with a 20gb hard drive for $500 as opposed to buying the premium one for $600. Other than that don't count on a price break for atleast 2-3years.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii

• PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      • PS3...Nintendo Wii
      Quote Originally Posted by jazzjackrabbit View Post
      I have to see gran turismo and Motorstorm on ps3.
      That's the kind of gain that could make me buy a ps3... if it was cheaper.
      ps3 and xbox360 are too expensive to only play games.
      PS3 doesn't only play games. It's also a Blu Ray DVD player. If you were to try and buy a Blu Ray DVD player right now they go for $1000.00! So actually it's quite a bargain when considering that aspect alone. Throw in the fact you can surf the net on your PS3, and play games I'd say it's a bargain! But that's just my opinion!