• Join Us!
  • ZR-1 Tell me what u think
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZR-1 Tell me what u think

AlmostThere
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default ZR-1 Tell me what u think

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I have been looking for one for awhile. The price is right. With the mods to the already bad ass engine it should haul ass. The buy it now button keeps calling my name. Its the high miles and the mods that are holding me back. Its collector value is gonna be in the toilet because of the mileage. But whatta toy LT-5 6 speed.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Barga...QQcmdZViewItem

AlmostThere
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: ZR-1 Tell me what u think

That it is. All the rest of them i have found have been going for around 30k. I am gonna call the guy in the am and see just how fast it is. Might be the deciding factor.
      It should run low 11s and top out around 200 if he gave it enough extra horsepower to pull 6th gear to redline.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

pretty sweet car. if your thinking investment, i dont think it'll workout for a. but, as a personal rider, it's a pretty sweet car at a decent price. just my .02
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

the thing i have trouble with is "never raced" you dont mod out a car and not race it, even if he never "raced" it he still romped all over it.

still it is a collector item if it is a real zr1 and you could invest the time to put it back stock and perhaps make a little $ after having some fun
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

alluprbdy
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

with the mods its not worth anythng on a collector value. Did you ask if this is the original block bc if it is when your ready to sell you can restore it with oem parts and increase some of the value. Im sure the cars quick I know a guy with the lower output zr1 and did some boltons and goes high 11s with an auto. One thing to worry about is high millage on your tranny and rear since he did nothing to them but dumped cash into the engine. If the vette has a 7.5" rear the t/a and camaro do but I dont recall what the older vettes have thats gonna be trouble rear is junk and youll be better off with a 10bolt rather than trying to stiffing up the 7.5. All in all for 15k its ok deal for a driver but you can get vettes pretty cheap with highmillage like that and through a crate engine in it for cheapper than 15k total. If interested I know about a 1986 vette street legal 565 big block 7.82 @ 176 for 20k if you want a weekend driver thats the ****.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

It's a badass ride, but I'd be very weary of the rebuilt engine. You don't know how good the mechanic was that rebuilt that sucker. Maybe he dumped a bunch of money in to fix it but it's still running like crap so he's trying to dump it off and cut his losses. So you could be buying into a money pit.

But on the flipside you won't find a ZR1 for that cost anywhere. So you need to think of that also.

jamescb77 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

bro that's a great price on a great car if your looking for one scoop that up it looks liek a great car i would want some more pics. other than that there are people that build cars for the sake of building them and they never really drive them. send him an email telling him you will buy it if you can test drive it and you liek it after that. if its the real deal he should have no problem with that

VveTTe917 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 327
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Seems like a decent price for the car. Only thing is be careful purchasing a car on ebay, especially with a new engine installed into the car. This kind of car you would need to look at it in person and test drive it, etc. before purchasing an older vette.

And the never raced part is completely BULLLLLLSHIAT. Bro I've owned 3 vettes in my life, I can't imagine not racing my car. Even if you don't bring it to a track, you race on on the highways trust me

crombie09
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Id just get a 99 or 2000 with a 6 speed in it. I've seen them for 17k and up. Thats my goal right now. I see it as youre thinking of buying a 17 year old car. My opinion would be to get something newer.

Here is another ZR-1 but a 1992 with a lot less miles in better shape for 18k

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...QQcmdZViewItem

AlmostThere
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by VveTTe917 View Post
      Seems like a decent price for the car. Only thing is be careful purchasing a car on ebay, especially with a new engine installed into the car. This kind of car you would need to look at it in person and test drive it, etc. before purchasing an older vette.

And the never raced part is completely BULLLLLLSHIAT. Bro I've owned 3 vettes in my life, I can't imagine not racing my car. Even if you don't bring it to a track, you race on on the highways trust me

I own one StingRay now and my father had a parade of them in different years when i was growing up. They were all BB 4 speed roadsters.Cars that iw owuld love to have today but are now way out of my price range.He had a 69 427 435hp black roadster a 65 396 425ho roadster and the one that i could retire off the sale of 1 68 427 430hp L-88 the big boy of collectible vettes.

So I know how they get thrashed. I beat those cars half to death and today some guy is wiping them with a diaper in a heated garage somewhere.

The one i have now is mid 70s so pretty much nothing under the hood or in the suspesion is stock anymore. It will never be worth much so i wanted it to move stop and corner.

AlmostThere
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by crombie09 View Post
      Id just get a 99 or 2000 with a 6 speed in it. I've seen them for 17k and up. Thats my goal right now. I see it as youre thinking of buying a 17 year old car. My opinion would be to get something newer.

Here is another ZR-1 but a 1992 with a lot less miles in better shape for 18k

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...QQcmdZViewItem

I want a ZR-1 for the collector value. I am sure these will be the L-88s of the future

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
      I want a ZR-1 for the collector value. I am sure these will be the L-88s of the future
      Dude I'm betting your right! The ZR-1 was one sick azz vette! In it's day it would put away nearly all of the competition. It's always the special models like that that are worth money. Kind of like SS camaro's, Hemi Cuda's etc etc. But if that's what your going for keep in mind it's not worth anything all modded up. If it's to be a collector car you need something that has barely any miles on it, that is completely original.

crombie09
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
      Well the one I posted is stock and has 50 something thousand miles on it. For only 3 grand more that would be a better collectors car.

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'm just not a fan of Corvettes. I like the old ones, and that's it. Don't know why, just don't. Probably because every Tom Dick and Harry has had one or known someone who has. I'm not knocking the car, it's a sweet car, just not for me.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      I'm just not a fan of Corvettes. I like the old ones, and that's it. Don't know why, just don't. Probably because every Tom Dick and Harry has had one or known someone who has. I'm not knocking the car, it's a sweet car, just not for me.
      Well that's because it's the middle class ferrari. It's basically the exotic car that the average american can afford.