• Join Us!
  • Credit poll.......
  • Credit poll.......
  • Credit poll.......
  • Credit poll.......
  • Credit poll.......
  • Credit poll.......
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Do you agree that our credit system is in dire need of reform?

Voters
    8. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes, and I think the way you proposed would work great.

1 12.50%
    • Yes, but I don't agree with your proposed system.

6 75.00%
    • No

1 12.50%
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit poll.......

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Credit poll.......

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......

• Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......
      I decided to start a poll to see what everyone else things about this topic.

I think that our current credit regulations are absolutely ridiculous and are against our constitutional rights. I want you to all keep in mind when you read this that it is our god given right to be "Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" in this country. I think that is a freedom that people are willfully giving up without even knowing about it.

First off any company that decides to put something on your credit report, can without your knowledge. These credit reporting agencies just take what these companies say as text without even so much as notifiying you. They automatically put it on your report as if you are automatically considered guilty.

In order to get these things off your report you must first obtain a copy of your credit report from all three agencies (Experian, Equifax, TransUnion). Then if you see something that is not supposed to be on there or that you dispute you must call or write them. If the company says it's a valid debt they automatically take the companies word and keep it on your report.

This in and of itself is extremely illegal because they are taking the companies word as fact and discrediting you as a person and citizen, and automatically assuming you are guilty even though you have never been deemed guilty by a court of law. This is a great tool for the government to keep it's citizens in poverty because they know that in order to get that off the report at this point you would now need to employ a lawyer. With current wages the way they are most people can't afford their bills, let alone a lawyer to fight these companies and credit agencies.

Perfect example is I had an account with Sprint PCS when I used to work at circuit city. They had employee plans where I paid $10.00 a month and got 1500 minutes and free nights and weekends. When you quit or get laid off they are supposed to shut down your account until you come in and sign a new contract and pick a new plan. When I lost my job they automatically switched my plan to a 50 minute a month plan with no nights and weekends without my knowledge or consent. I used my phone assuming the minutes were still what they were supposed to be until they shut the account down. I ended up running up a $3,000 bill. It stayed on my report for nearly 5 years and destroyed my credit score. Finally in the end I won when they had no contract signed like they were supposed to and I had proof of my plan. The point is I went through many many years of high interest rates, and I was not able to obtain any loans or any loans for a car. This is a perfect example of how our credit agencies and these companies abuse their power to extort money out of people.

I truly believe that many companies use our credit reports as legal extortion methods. They hit us with false bills, then keep charging exorbitant interst rates until the debt is so high no normal person would be able to recover from it. If you did pay it, that company wins and gets something for nothing. If you don't the banks win and you pay extremely high interest rates.

Our government knows that by people having low credit scores that means they are going to have high interest rates. Now heres the big question........Who does high interest rates benefit? BANKS!! Now think of this...Who funds everything in this country including many of these politicians campaigns?? BANKS!! So of course congress won't pass any laws to reform our current credit structure, they know not to bite the hand that feeds them. So once again we fall victim to big business controlling the way our government works.

So what I propose is that our credit agencies should be downsized from 3 to 1 company. This company should be government run. We should be able to access our report AND credit score for free at anytime we want. Kind of like good hygiene a person needs to monitor their report to ensure it is taken care of properly. This would also make it easier for people to monitor for identity theft as they would be constantly monitoring their report. In order to get anything put on your report the company MUST have to go through legal proceedings in order to get something put on that persons report. At this point both parties get to defend themselves and a court of law gets to decide who is right and who is wrong.

I think this would be the perfect way to reform our current credit system.

Please answer in the poll your thoughts......

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Credit poll.......

10 views but no responses. I know you people have opinions!

solidground is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 90
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i agree that our credit system is a problem.. you need to see the movie freedom to fascism- youll love it
      (candidates@google:ron paul )

Merc is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

you bring up a lot of good questions that I guess I have never thought of. It is wrong what they do but the way government has turned they protect and stand for big businesses not the people. The governement stands for the people that put them their, the people that have money not the common person. The way the system works is just another way to keep people in check a way to monitor us. Is the system wrong? Yes, but I dont see it changing until the whole system starts from scratch and we get the politicians out that have lost their way in what they are suppose to be doing.

Merc is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

why I think it would be nice to have just one company I think it would allow people to abuse the system. I think history has taught me that if there is one person or company eventually they will try and abuse the system and no will be there to keep them in check...if that makes sense.

angryoldman is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'm on my way to the office. I'll answer this in a little. Good question though
      “I don't look ahead... I keep focused on my next opponent. I am looking forward to my next opponent, I don't think past that point.”
      --Manny Pacquiao

Big Mike's speach to Congress telling them to phuque off on the steroid ban:

https://www.moviewavs.com/0049230534/...y/statemnt.mp3

Fitnessgeared's resident Smart ass

SpyWizard is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 617
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The IRS is illegal according to the constitution.. but what are you going to do..
      Ron Paul president 2008

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
      why I think it would be nice to have just one company I think it would allow people to abuse the system. I think history has taught me that if there is one person or company eventually they will try and abuse the system and no will be there to keep them in check...if that makes sense.
      Ok but the people should make sure that the one company is not corrupt. That is why anything put on your report must be brought to court first. This would then eliminate anything being thrown on your report without your knowledge. So in all essence there's noway for them to abuse that system.

Also I find it quite unnecessary to have 3 different companies with three different opinions of me. I'd love for someone to explain why one company says I am credit worthy, and the next to say I'm not. It's quite unfair, and is definitely descriminatory!

Again if the company was government mandated, the people would then have a say at how it is run. Everyone forgets that we do control government, we just choose to sit back like a bunch of cows grazing while the current administration decimates our rights and constitution!

This is so the reason why 'V for Vendetta' is my favorite movie!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by SpyWizard View Post
      The IRS is illegal according to the constitution.. but what are you going to do..
      Make a big deal about it, start complaining to everyone you know, start rallying, start getting peoples signatures to alert each person to the facts, start protesting eventually others will follow. When enough people get fed up with it and the numbers are large enough congress will notice.

We've already made our voice be heard by kicking the republicans out of office. Now we need to let the Democrats know that they better take us seriously!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
      The way the system works is just another way to keep people in check a way to monitor us. .
      That is illegal and unconstitutional. I sometimes want to pull people out of their cars and beat the crap out of them for being such inconsiderate self involved peices of shiit, but I don't. Do you know why? Because it is illegal.

The system is unfair and discriminitory, thus it must be changed. Current credit scores do not presume peoples innocence until proven guilty. That in and of itself should scare the crap out of you. When did government decide that, that part of the constitution didn't matter? Last time I checked the constitution is what our legal god given rights are. So when did this become acceptable to you to just give up with the shrug of your shoulders??

Eh, their the government they need to monitor us. Pretty soon freedom of speach will dwindle, you will no longer have a right to bear arms, and it will be guilty until proven innocent (which has already begun to change).

I have a video where a U.S. General says that he under Bush's command has the right to search any citizen of this country for any reason. It no longer requires "Probably Cause" which is black and white in the constitution. They have actually passed out pamplets (different ones in different states) to all law enforcement agents in this country of different things that label people a terrorist (don't forget if your labeled a so called terrorist you are automatically stripped of your constitutional rights!)

Arizona's pamplet said terrorists will wear Levi's jeans and a white shirt. This means that if your wearing jeans and a white shirt in Arizona you can now be labeled as a terrorist and you have no rights anymore. In Virginia if you mention that a search is against your constitutional rights without probable cause (referencing to the 4th amendment) that you are a terrorist. So this means if you announce your god given right as an american citizen you are now a terrorist. Does this not strike you as odd and extremely scary. Are you quick to say "It's just governments way to monitor us"??

What next if you do steroids your a terrorist because you want to be stronger than the average individual? Come on! They have no business passing these laws, just like they have no business outlawing steroids!

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

well...some of the practices in regards to credit reporting i may not agree with on the individule bases. but, in general, i think it's a fair way to get a snap shot of an individuals likelyhood of paying back a dept. and, that is what it is for. i deal with credit reports everyday and they assist me in doing my job. if i'm loaning you money, i feel i got every right to have a gauge from witch to judge the likleyhood of repayment, and based on that liklyhood, a percentage rate will be choosing for you to pay for risk i take in you using my money....some of the other b.s. like, child support, or broken apartment leases and bad gas bills, those things could have a story behind them, and i agree that it kinda sucks that, that story dont get relayed in some cases. oh yea, and i dont want the government to have anything to do with my credit report!!! dude, i cant believe you would even suggest such a thing! they've done such a fine job in the past with everything else, so i can sorta see your point, but i dont think thats a good ideal.
      three companies are fine. these are buisnesses and should not be broke down to 1 company. that would create a monopoly.
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      well...some of the practices in regards to credit reporting i may not agree with on the individule bases. but, in general, i think it's a fair way to get a snap shot of an individuals likelyhood of paying back a dept. and, that is what it is for. i deal with credit reports everyday and they assist me in doing my job. if i'm loaning you money, i feel i got every right to have a gauge from witch to judge the likleyhood of repayment, and based on that liklyhood, a percentage rate will be choosing for you to pay for risk i take in you using my money....some of the other b.s. like, child support, or broken apartment leases and bad gas bills, those things could have a story behind them, and i agree that it kinda sucks that, that story dont get relayed in some cases.
      Ok, but you are in the car industry. So here's why it hurts you. So many times I was shunned because of somethings that didn't belong on my report that the agencies refused to remove. Even though I had proof they still didn't listen.

I was turned to many many many times to get a car loan at any interest rate. That means even at a 30% rate they wouldn't give me a car. So if that's the case for me how many other million americans have the same problems? That just took a few sales right out of your pocket.

Now last point, explain this. If it is true that it takes a great picture of how someone repay things then listen to this......My report said I never pay anything back and I'm a high risk. When I got a co-signer to sign as the primary and me as a cosigner (which still netted me a 19% interest rate) I paid every single payment on time for 2 years straight, never late once! Now with my current vehicle I've paid 2 1/2 years never late also. So if it takes such a great snap shot explain why I didn't follow suit to what type of person they were trying to label me as?

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I meant I was turned 'DOWN' not "to" many many times

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER View Post
      Ok, but you are in the car industry. So here's why it hurts you. So many times I was shunned because of somethings that didn't belong on my report that the agencies refused to remove. Even though I had proof they still didn't listen.

I was turned to many many many times to get a car loan at any interest rate. That means even at a 30% rate they wouldn't give me a car. So if that's the case for me how many other million americans have the same problems? That just took a few sales right out of your pocket.

Now last point, explain this. If it is true that it takes a great picture of how someone repay things then listen to this......My report said I never pay anything back and I'm a high risk. When I got a co-signer to sign as the primary and me as a cosigner (which still netted me a 19% interest rate) I paid every single payment on time for 2 years straight, never late once! Now with my current vehicle I've paid 2 1/2 years never late also. So if it takes such a great snap shot explain why I didn't follow suit to what type of person they were trying to label me as?
      dude...it's a snap shot, not a documentry! and i personally guarantee i could've got you a lone by yourself! but also, you now are building credit, and showing the buisness world the type of person you are! at the time, based on your past, what was there to show a stranger that they can expect to get their money back and not have to repo that truck and deal with whatever state it is in and loose their @ss at an auction to guys like me . it may not be perfect, but percentage wise, it does show the liklyhood of dept re-payment. like i said...there maybe individule circumstance that should be taken into consideration, and a good loan manager will fight it out for ya...but, it is what it is! keep paying the truck, the credit cards and the like, and soon it'll show who you are, and companies will fill your mail box offering you money!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......

• Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......
      • Credit poll.......
      So you don't think that it is against your constitutional rights to have stuff thrown on your credit report without your knowledge or defense? Again that is your consitutional right. Why is everyone so quick to throw away their rights? Just because it's being done currently doesn't make it right. It just means it needs to be noticed and brought to light.

Oh and btw, all my payments on all my cards were perfect up until that point. So that isn't true.

I've dealt with literally no exaggeration about 30 different dealers over 5 years all guaranteeing that they are the best in the industry, and that they can get me a loan no problem. Not one of them came through.

Finally years later I got a loan only because I had a strong co-signer as the primary, and the dealer was Gambino. Not many people say no to them.