• Join Us!
  • Hoodia?
  • Hoodia?
  • Hoodia?
  • Hoodia?
  • Hoodia?
  • Hoodia?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hoodia?

alluprbdy
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Hoodia?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?

• Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?
      Appearently this was on 60minutes recently and is the number one selling weight loss sup since then. Its a plant that makes you feel full so you dont eat as much. I've never heard about it but my GF brought it up to me as an option for her to lose weight. For starters she wont be taking anything since she doesnt excercise or diet and only weighs 122 @5'2" she can stand to lose 12lbs but diet and excercise would take care of that. Anyone ever here of this stuff? Or know anything about it?

HeHateMe is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 452
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Hoodia?

Quote Originally Posted by alluprbdy View Post
      Appearently this was on 60minutes recently and is the number one selling weight loss sup since then. Its a plant that makes you feel full so you dont eat as much. I've never heard about it but my GF brought it up to me as an option for her to lose weight. For starters she wont be taking anything since she doesnt excercise or diet and only weighs 122 @5'2" she can stand to lose 12lbs but diet and excercise would take care of that. Anyone ever here of this stuff? Or know anything about it?
      I've heard about it. It's an all natural substance which produces a chemical that supposedly fools your brain into believing that you're full and this, in turn, kills your appetite. No apparent side effects either.

I believe they harvest in the 'hoods of south africa', thus the name HOODia.

McKenzie is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 7.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I believe we've had a few discussions/threads on it. Do a search...but again, I feel she is the perfect weight for her height Tightening up on the diet and cardio would definitely help her achieve her goal without supplements, just as you said

alluprbdy
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

ya I did a search and came back with nothing

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I agree with Mck. She is at a good weight for her height, depending on her body structure. She really needs to get into a good weight training program and add alittle cardio into the mix. Have you tried helping her out in working out with her, maybe she needs a push, lol.? As far as the Hoodia..my wife tried it and it didn't do anything for her and she bought the real deal. I think it has some relevancy if one is obese, but if you are one that wants to shed that last bit of bf or 5-10lbs, it ain't gona do it. Cardio (start her out with 30min a day 20min MHR and up it to 40min at least 5 days ew with at least 20 min of it at high incline and going at least 3.8 mph)and alittle weight training, and proper diets, sleep will do wonders.

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by alluprbdy View Post
      I've never taken hoodia but I know the original story on 60 minutes was a long time ago, couple years at least and if it worked as well as they made it sound, it would be very popular. I've read there is alot of fake hoodia. I don't know if people are being fooled by the fake $hit or if the real stuff just doesn't work as well as it was hyped.

alluprbdy
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by mick-G View Post
      I agree with Mck. She is at a good weight for her height, depending on her body structure. She really needs to get into a good weight training program and add alittle cardio into the mix. Have you tried helping her out in working out with her, maybe she needs a push, lol.? As far as the Hoodia..my wife tried it and it didn't do anything for her and she bought the real deal. I think it has some relevancy if one is obese, but if you are one that wants to shed that last bit of bf or 5-10lbs, it ain't gona do it. Cardio (start her out with 30min a day 20min MHR and up it to 40min at least 5 days ew with at least 20 min of it at high incline and going at least 3.8 mph)and alittle weight training, and proper diets, sleep will do wonders.
      I told her if she can get to 110 Ill buy her $500 worth of bras and panties from vickys secret that might work. She looks fine really she can just use a tighten up and tone but shes extremly lazy so shes been talking about working out for about a year now seince she gained 12lbs her freshman yr of college, but we'll see

Hyperlite is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?

• Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?
      • Hoodia?
      Quote Originally Posted by Klash View Post
      I've never taken hoodia but I know the original story on 60 minutes was a long time ago, couple years at least and if it worked as well as they made it sound, it would be very popular. I've read there is alot of fake hoodia. I don't know if people are being fooled by the fake $hit or if the real stuff just doesn't work as well as it was hyped.

I remember that story, there is a british pharmaceutical company that owns the patent and only they are allowed to produce it as of now. 60 minutes also tested some of the label claims of some of the other companies that claimed to have hoodia in their product, but ended up finding that it didn't contain any at all......