• Join Us!
  • Michael Richards may settle!!!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Richards may settle!!!

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Michael Richards may settle!!!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

https://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/01/D8LO6INO1.html

Michael Richards will apologize in person to the four black men he targeted in a tirade of racial slurs during a recent comedy club performance.

A retired judge will mediate the meeting and determine whether he should take any other action to resolve the matter, Richards' spokesman and an attorney for the men said Friday.

A cash settlement could be part of the resolution, said Howard J. Rubenstein, who represents Richards.

"My client Michael hopes to put it behind him," Rubenstein said.

A time and place for the meeting has not been set.

Rubenstein complimented attorney Gloria Allred, who is representing the four comedy club patrons, for recommending the meeting.

Allred said Richards should meet with her clients "to hear the pain that he inflicted on them and to apologize to them."

She and the four men were scheduled to hold a press conference later Friday.

Richards, who played the wacky neighbor Kramer on 'Seinfeld,' has been on a campaign of contrition since videotaped footage of his Nov. 17 outburst at the Laugh Factory nightclub surfaced on the Web site TMZ.com.

He has apologized on the Rev. Jesse Jackson's nationally syndicated radio program "Keep Hope Alive" and the "Late Show with David Letterman." He also apologized to civil rights leader the Rev. Al Sharpton.

Richards has said the tirade was fueled by anger at being heckled and not bigotry.

Don't get me wrong, what he did was wrong but damn he is caving to all the publicity. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and now a possible settlement??? Come on!

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Michael Richards may settle!!!

That sucks fukking big bloated goat carcass ass! He fukked up but damn, that's just rediculous!

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
      That sucks fukking big bloated goat carcass ass! He fukked up but damn, that's just rediculous!
      Agreed! Here's my question...why is it ok for them to heckle him but he can't retaliate? All is fair in love and war and the comedy club! The biggest thing that pisses me off is I bet he didn't say anything different than the stuff they say to each other or they hear rappers saying. Do we have free speech or do we not? Next thing you know a woman will sue a guy for calling her a ***** because it was offensive. Phucking people piss me off.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I SAY GIVE THEM THE PRICE OF THE TICKETS BACK AND BE DONE. NOTHING MORE
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Had it been Martin Lawrence or some other black comedian, nothing would have been said at all. There is such a double standard in this country! Don't even get me started with the various ethnic groups having their own college funds but when homeboy from Boston started the caucasian college fund, oh hell naw!

solidground is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 90
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

it was def messed up but they dont deserve $. FREEDOM of speech
      (candidates@google:ron paul )

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
      Had it been Martin Lawrence or some other black comedian, nothing would have been said at all. There is such a double standard in this country! Don't even get me started with the various ethnic groups having their own college funds but when homeboy from Boston started the caucasian college fund, oh hell naw!
      Exactly! How many times does Chris Rock say the word "Nigger" in his act? A hundred maybe? No body compalins about that.

I'm with you bro. They have black athlete awards, black music awards, black acting awards, black scholorship programs and if someone white did it, it would be discrimination. It's totaly double standard bullshit! If you want to be considered equal then quit seperating yourself, duh!

Here's something I ponder all the time...imagine for minute if you will....what kind of life black people with African decent would have today had slavery not taken place? Think about it for a minute before you answer. See, without slavery, they would still be in Africa dying of aids and hunger and all kinds of other shit. What kind of life is that? I think, the better way to think about it is like this...without the slave trade, Africans would have never had the chances that have led to todays successful Black men and women. Yes, it was a horrible horrible thing but without, they would still be in Africa with very little or nothing and dying left and right. So, I have to ask, was slavery as bad as it's made out to be considering the opportunites available today that otherwise would not be? Look at the suffering that took place on the Mayflower and the early Colonies. There was a death rate of like 70% of the people. That's no way to live but our ancestors did it so we could have this great country. African American's ancestors suffered so their decendents could have a better life.

Anyways, I'll get off my soap box now.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

Corrodo is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

This makes me have to take a shiznit!

Gooseneck is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 576
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Ohh my ....... Michael Richards should say **** giving them money and move on with his life. Quit all of this apoligizing to everyone because all the people are just capializing on it for their own benefits. What I cant stand the most is that black people are ten fold more racist than any other damn race out there. Give the shit up already, did I hang your great great grandparents ?? No !! AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhh....

Gooseneck is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 576
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

And another thing, half the white people living had families who immigrated here "after" slavery. My heritage in America goes back to the beginning of the 20th century, prior they were in Italy and Ireland. So quit blaming me for shit !!

littlebritain is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 196
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseneck View Post
      And another thing, half the white people living had families who immigrated here "after" slavery. My heritage in America goes back to the beginning of the 20th century, prior they were in Italy and Ireland. So quit blaming me for shit !!
      half the african americans probably have white heritage also, stupid thing is the people who feel the heat of all this had nothing to do with slavery nor did their ancestors. Its the working class people who get the brunt of all these divisions and are at each others throats for the actions of a minority of the ruling classess.

I never can understand the logic of calling people african americans , in the uk we have a fair few people whos heritage traces back to the indian subcontinent
      they are commonly reffered to by themselves and the establishment as asian or british asian many of whom have never set foot in the country where their ancestors oriniginate from. People rightly get upset if someone says someone is not english if they are of african origin but the term afro carribean is routinely used although black british is more in favour. why call someone asian if they were born in england . that is setting up divisions straight away.

a certain ammount of this probably stems from certain communities not feeeling welcome and so they hold on to their heritage and set up communities that are fairly seperate in many ways from the mainstream.

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      Exactly! How many times does Chris Rock say the word "Nigger" in his act? A hundred maybe? No body compalins about that.

I'm with you bro. They have black athlete awards, black music awards, black acting awards, black scholorship programs and if someone white did it, it would be discrimination. It's totaly double standard bullshit! If you want to be considered equal then quit seperating yourself, duh!

Here's something I ponder all the time...imagine for minute if you will....what kind of life black people with African decent would have today had slavery not taken place? Think about it for a minute before you answer. See, without slavery, they would still be in Africa dying of aids and hunger and all kinds of other shit. What kind of life is that? I think, the better way to think about it is like this...without the slave trade, Africans would have never had the chances that have led to todays successful Black men and women. Yes, it was a horrible horrible thing but without, they would still be in Africa with very little or nothing and dying left and right. So, I have to ask, was slavery as bad as it's made out to be considering the opportunites available today that otherwise would not be? Look at the suffering that took place on the Mayflower and the early Colonies. There was a death rate of like 70% of the people. That's no way to live but our ancestors did it so we could have this great country. African American's ancestors suffered so their decendents could have a better life.

Anyways, I'll get off my soap box now.
      First of all Chris Rock, Steve H*****, rappers and all those celebreties or street thugs that use the N word all the time do not represent all black people. My friends and I never call each other the N word. We use other phrases like niinja. I'm also a member of a message board where most of the posters are black and most of them use the word "ninja" instead of "nigger." I'm also a member of some of the organizations you probably hate and don't think thet should exist such as "Society of Black Engineers," INROADS and NAACP. When there are conventions and parties, I rarely hear other members call each other the N word. The only time I hear it is at clubs when I'm downtown or I'm somewhere near the ghetto. Also so what if other blacks call each other the N word. It's like to fat people calling each other "Fat Ass." I bet if a slim person called a fat person "Fat Ass." The fat person would be offended. Just like you probably get offended if I were to call you "cracker." But if Kite, Fuzo or 02 calls you "cracker" I'm sure you would careless because you are all white.

Now onto the black organizations. Everyone seems to hate the fact that blacks and other minority groups have organizations to promote certain industries. Lets go back to 1865. Slavery is abolished. Blacks are sent out to live on their own. 99% of them never learned to read or write. Now they are free so they want to learn to read an write. Well they aren't allowed to attend the pre-established schools because they are black. So what would you do in that case? You create a Univeristy for you and your people since the other people don't want you in their universities. Because of the lack of funding, then you start to develop scholarships and other organizations to support your race!!!! Desegredation of schools restaurants and everything didn't occur until 1960, which was just the start. I'm sure some of you were probably born around then so it wasn't as far back as every one makes it seem. In 1960 blacks were still getting llynched and murdered. Nothing really changed even though the Civil Rights Act was passed and thats why there was the emergence of the Black Panthers. Anyways I'm not trying to teach you guys history, if you didn't pay attention to black history month because you are pissed off that blacks have a month then that is your hard headed problem. So the point I was trying to make is the organizations were developed to encourage blacks to go to school and to achieve. Anyways now days there are scholarships for everybody. If you are Italian, polish, German, what ever nationality or even if you have a dissability there is a scholarship for that person. So if you are saying blacks can't have something then take away every single scholarship and organization that represents a race or nationality.

I don't even know where to begin regarding this quote :
      Here's something I ponder all the time...imagine for minute if you will....what kind of life black people with African decent would have today had slavery not taken place? Think about it for a minute before you answer. See, without slavery, they would still be in Africa dying of aids and hunger and all kinds of other shit. What kind of life is that? I think, the better way to think about it is like this...without the slave trade, Africans would have never had the chances that have led to todays successful Black men and women.
      So basically you are saying if slavery didn't happen, all blacks would be dying of AIDS and hunger in Africa? So you mean to tell me you think the problems in Africa today were not caused by slavery and colonization of the Europeans in Africa? You think AIDS started in Africa? Actually forget it and don't even answer. I'm done with this. I actually regret even replying. Blacks and whites will always have seperate views on things especially in America. Where I'm from in France, there is no african French and all that bullshit. You are just French or the French antillian (sp?) if you are an immigrant from the French antilles. I agree with littlebrittain the American system just creates chaos.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Oh yeah just for the record. I don't think Mike Richards should pay. But he definitely needs to apologize to the guys he insulted. I don't know why he apologized to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, but whatever!!!

Also if you guys don't like black comedians using racial jokes, you can boycott. I'm serious. I went to see DL Hughely when he came to FL and I'd say 50% of the crowd was white. He makes fun of every race and nationality though not just whites.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

solidground is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 90
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

sup., i completely agree with everything you wrote. anddd im a cracker
      (candidates@google:ron paul )

BIGFOST
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

are people agreeing on my point of view now wow things have changed