Well, I'm able to walk in the boot without crutches but it's wierd. I haven't put any weight at all on my right leg for 3 1/2 weeks and they all of a sudden, I'm supposed to walk on it? Man, it's nerve racking to say the least. I take these little step and get off my right leg as quick as possible. LOL

I haven't been in the gym the whole time because of the whole crutches things. Those things are a pain in the arse. Then to think, hey, let's go hit chest and tris and then try to use crutches, not happening. I can go about 300 yards on those things and I'm completely exhausted. It's like doing a bunch of partial dips with 240 pounds and it gets tough real fast.

Anyways, I go in for my next check upnext Wednesday and I think he will tell me to start physical therapy. I'm only supposed to be in this thing three more weeks so I imagine I'm going to get a couple weeks of PT before being back on it. Then, it's about 2 1/2 months before I can lift weights (with my calves) or play sports.

My plan:

Besides revamping everything so this never happens again, I'm going to have to train for health, plain and simple. No more bulking. Weighing 250 at 5'10" is probably one of the biggest reasons this happened. Too much weight for me. So, as soon as I can lose the boot and I get the ok, I'm going to do 20 minutes of walking 3 days a week before I train. I will slowly increase the speed (physical speed, no treadmill) throughout. Then, when I get the ok, I'm going to jog those 20 minutes and basically, that's going to be my program from here on out. 20 minutes of running prior to training, even on leg day.

I'm also going to do one day every month of 25 reps on every exercise for my working sets to strengthen all my tendons. For calved, I will probably never go below 15 reps again. Luckily, my calves are one of my strong points so I don't have to worry about them getting small or anything.

Also, I think I'm going to take 2 core exercises for each muscle and then add core stability exercises that involve those muscles too. Basically, just do something like BB bench and then some other exercises that strengthen the core while also working the pecs and the next workout do incline bb and so on. I've looked into it and there are alot of core stabilizing exercises that hit the pecs too and they look really challenging.

This experience has mad me re-evaluate everything. I look at things and think 'did I bring this on myself, or was it just some freak thing?' I don't know, but I don't ever want to have to deal with this crap again. So, I'm going to have to look at bodybuilding from a perspective of lifting for health and not lifting for mass from now on. I'm going to add some mass anyways, but the days of being in the 230's and 240's are going to be long gone. I'm going to shoot for around 210, maybe even 200 and get as ripped and healthy as possible. That's 30 - 40 pounds from where I am now so that's a 10 - 15% drop in body weight. That plus frequent running will make a big difference in my ability to avoid another Acilles tear.

I've been doing a lot of research on this and they say there's only about a 1.4% chance of rerupture if it's surgically repaired, so that's very promising. My problem is, I don't know what caused it for sure. Was it my lack of conditioning, my body weight, the drol/sust in my system, or a combination of all three? But, it's something to think about and it only makes sense to control the things I can control.

Anyways, I just wanted to share that with you.