• Join Us!
  • need training help!
  • need training help!
  • need training help!
  • need training help!
  • need training help!
  • need training help!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need training help!

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default need training help!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • need training help!
      • need training help!

• need training help!
      • need training help!
      • need training help!
      • need training help!
      • need training help!
      • need training help!
      ok, here's the thing...some of ya know, i hate training biceps. i rarely hit them more than 2x's a month! no bullsh!t!! they just friggin hurt and cramp so bad, for days afterwards. after a day of training the bicep, the following day, all is well, untill about noon. then the cramping starts. by 2-3 o'clock, i cant lift anything to my mouth to eat, or drink without a major cramp, witch has caused tears! this continues getting worse (to the point that i cannot bend my elbo at all!) through the night, waking me and the wife, and dont subside until 3-4pm the following day....but the doms, they hang out for a week or better! this dosnt happen with anyother body part! water is 1-1.5 gals a day...i take animal pak malti's every day. it can also happen after a very heavy back day, but not to the same extent...i can deal with those! it's really affecting my arm development. anybody have this, or some simular prob? any suggestions...seriously guy's...this sux!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Stackt is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 502
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: need training help!

maybe its tendonitis ? mines shoots right through the elbow and down my arm when hitting triceps .wearing an elbow brace helps and ice it afterwards for 10-15min .use light but strict form ! I'd go see a deep tissue massage therapist to breakdown the scar tissue which is causing that inflamation swelling pain ! it helps try icing it after wo
      "Workout each rep till I drop the uglyiest , meanest face"

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

thanks for the replt stakt...i'll try the ice thing, but it's def. crampimg...the elbo dont hurt at all, and it''l actually pull my arm up (towards my face)...if driving, it'll make me pull the wheel of the truck!! i gotta let go for a moment!

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

bowbow is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Wow I wish I could help you with that one but I really don't know bro. Sounds horrible. The only thing that comes to my head is just a simple lack of regular training then when you do train them hard they just can't deal with the sudden break down of the muscle tissue. Maybe try working them every week with light weight and just a few simple sets sorta like someone knew starting to work out for the first time. Just a thought I'm probably way off. Oh and do you stretch the bicep muscle good after your done?
      Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

The Game is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 231
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Start stretching more, and get some pedialite to take before during and after your workouts. Start massaging out the biceps in between stretching them and really stretch the should joint with your biceps.
      It's All ABout The Pain and If You Can Take It!!
      Researcher, Biochemist, FBaller, IBE MOD
      Trainer TheGame46@flawlessTraining.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by bowbow
      Wow I wish I could help you with that one but I really don't know bro. Sounds horrible. The only thing that comes to my head is just a simple lack of regular training then when you do train them hard they just can't deal with the sudden break down of the muscle tissue. Maybe try working them every week with light weight and just a few simple sets sorta like someone knew starting to work out for the first time. Just a thought I'm probably way off. Oh and do you stretch the bicep muscle good after your done?
      shiiiiit...i didnt even think of that....i like that...start lower and work up! duh!! i'll try that, and the pediolite, the game suggested. i do stretch, but maybe a little message by the wifey poo after wouldnt hurt!

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Gearo is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 138
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I had same kind of pain with my biceps, and I can assure it's just has to do with you not training them regularly. Biceps being a small muscle, they do get sore very easily. My advice would be to begin training them once a week and begin with light weights, then move up. It should help you a lot.

Good luck Bro !
      "Only the Strong Survives"

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Well, if it was me, I would go get a neuromusclar massage therapist to start working on them. It could be that you are suffereing from (this isn't the real word for it, but I can explain it) intermusclular contractions. Basically, what you have is sctions of a muscle, I get them in my calves, where they contract. It feels like a cramp but it's actually a contraction and depending on how bad it is it can make you do things like jerk the wheel of the car and such. Boy, that would suck to get one of those while injecting. LOL Anyways, I've been to dozens of massage therapists and until I went to one that was neuromusclar it never got better. Basically, they have to work it out. Oh yeah, it hurts like a mutherphuker too! Not only did I have those but I had scar tissue too. That hurst even worse. Anyways, now, I never get them anymore. I went to this one lady one a week for 6 weeks. I stretch like crazy and I've avoided having them.

Also, when looking for a massage therapist, go to a LMT, not a CMT. The L is licensed and the C is certified and from what I've been told, the LMT has much more training. From personal expereince, the LMT's I've been to have always been better. But, that's my expereince.

Stretch, stretch, stretch. The best stretch for biceps I think is to stand next to a wall and extend your arm out perpendicular to your body. Make a fist with you palm facing down and put the round part of your fist (where your thumb is) against the wall and turn away from it. Make sure to use a fist or you won't get near as good of a bicep stretch.

Definately lighten the load on your biceps. You may want to hit them every week and just do a couple sets of 15 reps. This will allow you to work them and build up the endurance in them. However, if you have the intermuscular contraction (remember, I don't think that's what it's really called so don't repeat it to your MT) it would be a good idea to not work the biceps until you get them massaged out a few times.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

damn tman..i hope it aint that sh!t you just made up! lol. after posting this, it was back training (i would do back training 7 days a week if i could!!! i love that sh!t) so, 3-4 hours later, it started. went to my brother's for a family bar-b-que, and my right arm was cramping. it actually twitches, like a contraction, and becouse i was wearing a tank top, it was noticable...i'm gonna try stretching more, and work it from lower weight's, and see if that helps...if not, i'll look into the message thing...ty

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

AmericanViking is offline Platinum
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I agree with the guys..... STRETCH. I think that is a huge part of good bi development. I try to stretch them between every set and have never had a problem with them. And not to sound boastful or arrogant but they are 20 1/4". So I think stretching really helps.

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      damn tman..i hope it aint that sh!t you just made up! lol. after posting this, it was back training (i would do back training 7 days a week if i could!!! i love that sh!t) so, 3-4 hours later, it started. went to my brother's for a family bar-b-que, and my right arm was cramping. it actually twitches, like a contraction, and becouse i was wearing a tank top, it was noticable...i'm gonna try stretching more, and work it from lower weight's, and see if that helps...if not, i'll look into the message thing...ty
      I bet you it's what I had because my calves would do that same thing. Involuntary contractions. It's like there is a misfire going on. Biceps are smaller muscles than calves, well they are for me (I get pretty big calves) so it took several times for the LMT to really get deep down in there and work that stuff out. However, it may even be your brachialus. The brachialus is the stronger elbow flexor and the one more used on back exercises. If that's the case it's a little harder to get to because it's not as superficial as the bicep heads. Either way, I would bet that even with one massage you will get relief. Tell the LMT to spend the entire hour on your biceps and make sure she works the area where the tendon attaches to the bone. You could have some scar tissue at those areas and that could be causing some issues for you. Yes, it does hurt like hell but it's only an hour. Anyone can handle an hour of pain here and there for a life time of relief. Just go do it!
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

alright, alright!! feck-it, i'll try anything now...it's phuqin up my program!

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Stackt is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 502
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      Well, if it was me, I would go get a neuromusclar massage therapist to start working on them. It could be that you are suffereing from (this isn't the real word for it, but I can explain it) intermusclular contractions. Basically, what you have is sctions of a muscle, I get them in my calves, where they contract. It feels like a cramp but it's actually a contraction and depending on how bad it is it can make you do things like jerk the wheel of the car and such. Boy, that would suck to get one of those while injecting. LOL Anyways, I've been to dozens of massage therapists and until I went to one that was neuromusclar it never got better. Basically, they have to work it out. Oh yeah, it hurts like a mutherphuker too! Not only did I have those but I had scar tissue too. That hurst even worse. Anyways, now, I never get them anymore. I went to this one lady one a week for 6 weeks. I stretch like crazy and I've avoided having them.

Also, when looking for a massage therapist, go to a LMT, not a CMT. The L is licensed and the C is certified and from what I've been told, the LMT has much more training. From personal expereince, the LMT's I've been to have always been better. But, that's my expereince.

Stretch, stretch, stretch. The best stretch for biceps I think is to stand next to a wall and extend your arm out perpendicular to your body. Make a fist with you palm facing down and put the round part of your fist (where your thumb is) against the wall and turn away from it. Make sure to use a fist or you won't get near as good of a bicep stretch.

Definately lighten the load on your biceps. You may want to hit them every week and just do a couple sets of 15 reps. This will allow you to work them and build up the endurance in them. However, if you have the intermuscular contraction (remember, I don't think that's what it's really called so don't repeat it to your MT) it would be a good idea to not work the biceps until you get them massaged out a few times.
      thats a good point certified and license
      "Workout each rep till I drop the uglyiest , meanest face"

antihero
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      alright, alright!! feck-it, i'll try anything now...it's phuqin up my program!
      if the pain your feeling is in fact a cramp, take 3-5g taurine ED, see if that helps

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • need training help!
      • need training help!