• Join Us!
  • The fall of Christianity
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The fall of Christianity

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default The fall of Christianity

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

At least in the US, I've noticed increasing hostility towards Christianity in general as well as extreme divisiveness within. It seems to me that the majority, at least in my experiences, of Christians are falling into the same trap that Jesus said the Jews of His time fell into, namely being caught up in the Law and forgetting about faith, love and spirituality. Don't get me wrong, I do know a few very spiritual Christians, people that you could point at and say that's what a Christian is supposed to be, but as I said, the vast majority are the ones who put up that front on Sunday yet indulge in every exess the other 6 days of the week, are very judgemental and what you may call "false prophets". I don't feel that Christianity will completely fall apart, but I do see it declining rapidly. Remember nothing divided against itself can stand.
      What are some of your thoughts?

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: The fall of Christianity

BEEN LIKE THAT FOR A LONG TIME...I DONT THINK IT'S INCREACING, OR DECREASING...I'M CATHOLIC BY BIRTH, BUT I CHOOSE TO PRACTICE IN MY OWN WAY, PARTLY BECOUSE OF THE HYPOCRICIES (SP?) IN THE CHURCH
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

antihero
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by daved150
      BEEN LIKE THAT FOR A LONG TIME...I DONT THINK IT'S INCREACING, OR DECREASING...I'M CATHOLIC BY BIRTH, BUT I CHOOSE TO PRACTICE IN MY OWN WAY, PARTLY BECOUSE OF THE HYPOCRICIES (SP?) IN THE CHURCH

i have a similar thought. i was born and raised catholic and to go to church every week and that sins would send me to hell. but the more i think about it, all my friends are going to hell, so how about being with my friends? lol...at least there will be good music down there lol...anyway, i just find that the catholic religion is very hypocritical and something needs to be done about it

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by daved150
      I'm Catholic as well and, within my Church anyway, there is such a lack of spiritual leadership it isn't even funny. Hypocrisy is rampant with all denominations of Christianity and prolly all faiths as well. To me though, there just seems to be more of the negative shit that I mentioned above than in previous years. I could be wrong though, maybe I'm just paying more attention now than I have in the past.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by kite
      maybe I'm just paying more attention now than I have in the past.
      I THINK THIS MAY BE YOUR ANSWER...JUST LIKE THE MEDIA IS ALL OVER ANYTHING THAT IS DEEMED WRONG, AND NEWS WORTHY, WE JUST HERE ABOUT IT MORE..

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

It's the same with ALL religions. There is always going to be only a small percentage that is authentic because the nature of man is to dowhat he wants, not be obedient.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

Fit2bLarge is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I think the entire Catholic Priest Pedophilia rash of cases awhile back have turned off people on christianity. I mean, if we can't trust our own priest with our children...

You know, if it was one case here, or there, hey, it happens. But its ramped and still many more cases to come to light. And that doesnt include the hush money these institutions are paying out to keep this under wraps.

its all corrupt

i sound jaded huh? lol
      Last edited by Fit2bLarge; 09-01-2006 at 04:41 PM.

brody13
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

As a christian I can say that this statement may or may not be true in that I feel there have always been those in between full christians and part time christians. I have grow drastically in my faith over my life time, and I can say that I still have a very large amout of growing to do. I believe that there is nothing easy about being a christian, in fact it is down right hard. Being a christian means much more then praying, believing, and reading your bible. The most important things that are stresed in the bible are to love everyone, no matter who they are, for everyone is your brother and sister, and also spread the word of your faith and beliefs. This means steping out of your comfort zone and risking being made fun of, or disliked for your actions. If you lose everything you have for the sake of saving 1 soul, then you have done well and will see heaven, but you have to ask yourself if you would be able to give up everything for someone else. Many being like the benifts of being a christian, but dont want to deal with the down falls, this is why there are so many "half christians". Everyone on this world enjoys the easy way, this is just another example of that. God wants you to be either Cold or Hot, if you are luke warm he will spit you out.

brody13
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Also, alot of people don't know this, but christianity, and catholic are completely different religions in many ways.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by brody13
      As a christian I can say that this statement may or may not be true in that I feel there have always been those in between full christians and part time christians. I have grow drastically in my faith over my life time, and I can say that I still have a very large amout of growing to do. I believe that there is nothing easy about being a christian, in fact it is down right hard. Being a christian means much more then praying, believing, and reading your bible. The most important things that are stresed in the bible are to love everyone, no matter who they are, for everyone is your brother and sister, and also spread the word of your faith and beliefs. This means steping out of your comfort zone and risking being made fun of, or disliked for your actions. If you lose everything you have for the sake of saving 1 soul, then you have done well and will see heaven, but you have to ask yourself if you would be able to give up everything for someone else. Many being like the benifts of being a christian, but dont want to deal with the down falls, this is why there are so many "half christians". Everyone on this world enjoys the easy way, this is just another example of that. God wants you to be either Cold or Hot, if you are luke warm he will spit you out.

Preach on brother, preach on!

I couldn't agree more about the many like the benefits of being a Christian, but don't want to deal with the down falls part. It's so true with many areas of like. We all want money, but few are willing to actually go out, take risks, get their hands dirty and make it happen. It's the same with religion, most like the idea but don't want to do the work. I'm not saying all, but most are like that.

mr.nitro is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 460
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

people don't like being told what they can and can't do. so instead of doing the right thing the change the rules to suit themselves. its clasic really, and it applys to everything.
      body building gerbil

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Also, alot of people don't know this, but christianity, and catholic are completely different religions in many ways.
      Well, both are Christianty and that's a fact. The differences are in the emphasis the Catholic church puts on cerimonies and actions. I grewup Catholic and changed for my own personal reasons. I will not say that Catholics are not Christians, because they are. I know Catholics who do not participate in all the rituals and focus more on the relationship between them and Christ, as it should be. So, they are not different religions, just different approaches. Kinda like the charismatics, they partake in alot of rituals but still the common ground is the fact they must believe in Christ. It's the same with Catholics, they believe in Christ and the Bible clearly says the belief is the only way. Not your actions, not your rituals, nothing but belief gives you salvation. If was based on out actions, we would all fail.

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

I agree with a few of the opinions stated already. I was baptized Episcopalian(SP?) which was deemed Catholic enough to get me into Catholic school and receive the sacraments in the Catholic church and get me in as an altar boy. Now the priests diddling the kids was bad enough, but now the church crying poverty and saying they need me to dig deeper for the collection plate, even distributing a memo describing what i should be contributing based on what my salary is just pisses me off. Now i have to subsidize the payments to victoms of clergy sexual abuse while they sit in church paid (read parishoner paid) housing collecting a monthly paycheck while i shell out money for their sexual trysts, phuck that. I also have issues with the fact that they refuse to see or accept any other facts than what they put forth as the gospel (pardon the pun) truth. They'll spend money and invest time and effort to dispel any idea that there could be any other version of Jesus' life but theirs, DaVinci code comes to mind (it was a movie, get over it) but mention the crusades where Christians went to a foreign land and forced Muslims to convert to Christianity or be killed (sounds like terrorist behavior to me) or the Inquisition where you were tortured until you confessed to the sin they accused you of wether you were guilty or not and they say some shit about times have changed since then, well not at my parish. I have heard and read passages where it says in the bible not to pray and do works in public but do them in the privacy of your own home and confess your sins to God and He'll forgive you. My priest goes out in front of the congregation to state emphatically that if you do not confess to a priest in the confessional at church (which is now solely face to face, no screen in our church) that your sins are NOT forgiven. Yet another policy instituted by mortal men who want to know what you are doing much like the Inquisition. I know according to the Gospels (written by men in charge of the project don't forget) the pope has the right and authority of Christ that what he says is sanctioned by Christ and he can change the rules and that's kosher with Jesus. I don't think Christ woould have turned a blind eye to the systemic genocide of his own race by the ****s. I don't think Christ would have swept the sexual abuse of children under the carpet to avoid cash flow problems and image problems and send offenders to different parishes to find new victims. That is why my son no longer goes to Catholic school and we haven't been inside our church in over three years. I still worship and honor God but from my own home and i know He sees my actions as well as my offenses and therefore doesn't need a middle man to offer me forgiveness when i tell HIm i am sorry for my sins. If the hierarchy of Christiandom and more specifically Catholicism didn't think it's shit didn't stink and acted more like the person they are claiming to serve than the populice woould probably have a better feeling of being able to embrace the church again but i think most people are seeing things like i do and practicing their faith at home without the hypocrites interfering.
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

and also spread the word of your faith and beliefs. This means steping out of your comfort zone and risking being made fun of, or disliked for your actions.

Okay, at the risk of pissing off some folks i have to say that statement is only true to an extent. My education with the nuns was being told to "show your light to the world" as in show by example and by loving your neighbor that you are a child of Christ and that example would help show them the way to God. That has been twisted and perverted into "go door to door and shove our literature down their throat and let them know if it ain't our way, it's the highway....straight to hell." I work with phuckheads like that. I had one born again bible thumper leave a pamphlet on the chair in front of my locker the first week he started working for us from his church that read "Martial Arts...Sport or Religion?" It went on to shit all over the arts saying they were leading people to hell because we're worshipping false idols by bowing to the "shrine" before we train and bowing to a false god (the instructor). This shit head doesn't know me because if he did he'd know i worship Christ. I bow to show respect for my dojo that i take it seriously and am there to train in a serious matter. I bow to my sensei in respect for his years of training and the knowledge he is sharing with me. In the orient bowing is a show of respect for another person not a religious gesture but if it ain't "our way" it's blasphemous. I think i was the better christian in that circumstance because i ignored the slight and din't report him to the superintendent for harrassment based on my religious beliefs. His partner in crime went so far as to stop at my home when i was gone (lucky for him) and distribute literature about some dinner and worship service and how they hope i join them as the only way to heaven is to be re-born in Christ. I was born into Christ at my baptism and my faith says that is good enough for Jesus. I went to work the following day and left the literature on the bulletin board and said the next person who leaves ANYTHING on my doorknob, should they get off my property in one piece would have harrassment charges brought against them. Now i would say if someone is troubled or is seeking advice about religion i would be happy to offer any input i have but i sure as hell would never go propagandizing my beliefs at someone. I can't believe Jesus is down with that. He went around preaching his beliefs (you can still do that in America) and he would attract followers if they were interested but i don't remember ANYWHERE in ANY bible where he went house to house in Jerusalem knocking on people's doors and saying can i talk to you about Christianity? It's the only way to heaven.
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Fit2bLarge
      I think the entire Catholic Priest Pedophilia rash of cases awhile back have turned off people on christianity. I mean, if we can't trust our own priest with our children...

You know, if it was one case here, or there, hey, it happens. But its ramped and still many more cases to come to light. And that doesnt include the hush money these institutions are paying out to keep this under wraps.

its all corrupt

i sound jaded huh? lol
      well, i dont really believe it's been a rash of new cases...i think it's been going on for years, and with all facets of life, not just in the church. it's certainly been brought more to light in the recent years, but reporting news has blown-up since the internet. i guess i'm saying, i dont think there is anymore crimes of this nature, in any form (church, schools, the home, ect), just more reporting.

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...