Prodigious Ogre Mass Building Program
Epsilon-Delta Protocol A

This is the template and sample movements (note: "sample movements" the movements may change as needed) I will be working from for my next training phase. Since every program I see has some stupid name attached to it I figured I would do the same but have some fun with it. So welcome to the...

Prodigious Ogre Mass Building Program
Epsilon-Delta Protocol A

The goals of this phase are to build lean body mass and increase base strength. By base strength I do not mean overall 1rm strength. The goal is to get stronger on all movements in the HI-LV and MI-MV sessions not just the main movements. To do this I will need to pull in more high intensity and max effort work (heavy weighs for lower reps). These sessions have been increased over what they were from the last phase so I will have to go by feel to make sure I do not beat the hell out of myself.

This is much different than a full blown powerlifting program and should not be used as such. When the goal to to increase the squat, bench and deadlift the focus needs to be placed on the movements, not the muscles. This program is designed to be placed on the muscles. So this is more about getting "Full Yoked" then pure strength.

I want to make sure to point this out so people will not think this will make their powerlifts stronger. There are far better ways to do this.

I have also spent the last 6 months working on my training volume so if any of you are thinking of doing this then you may want to drop some of the movements out of the program. I am not posting this so you can print it off and use it yourself. The parameters and movements have been selected for my own individual needs. I am posting this so you can see the process of the program and how the template is designed.

With this program there are two things rotating. The movement patterns (listed as muscle groups to make it easier to follow) and the training parameters. The movements or training days flow on a 5 day split repeating after the last day. The only exception is every Tuesday will be a training day off. The parameters (volume and intensity) flow on a four day split. The reason for this is recovery based plus it allows for more heavy days during the phase.

Because of the high number of HI-LV days a few changes will be made. First my kcals will be increased as well as protein (I will post this later after I get some things verified). Second, I will keep the BCAA's in the diet between 75-100 grams per day. This helped with recovery when the calories and carbs were low so I am very interested to see what will happen now that I will be in better nutritional state. Third and most important, I will have have to gauge my recovery and use bail outs when necessary. This means if a HI-LV days rolls around and I am drained and beat up then the day will shift to a MI-MV day. If I feel like a train wreck then three off days will be put in place of the next three sessions and the rotation will begin after the break.

Training Split

Day 1 - hamstrings and lower back . traps

session HI - LV (high intensity - low volume)
Some type of ME deadlift or Good Morning
Barbell shrugs
GHR

session MI - MV (moderate intensity - moderate volume)
RDL
Lying Leg Curls
Band Leg Curls
Reverse Hypes
DB Shrugs
Machine Shrugs

session LI - HV (low intensity - high volume)
Pull Through
Standing Leg Curls
GHR
One Leg Lying Leg Curls
45 Degree Back Raises
Seated DB shrugs
Vertical Cable Shrugs
One Arm Front Band Shrugs

Day 2 - back, biceps

session HI - LV
Barbell Rows
Chins
Barbell Curls

session MI - MV
Pull Downs
Low Rows
DB Rows
DB Curls
Drag Curls

session LI - HV
Biangular Pull Downs
Supported Seated Rows
DD Pull Downs
Prone DB Rows
Seated Hammer Curls
Machine Curls
Cable Curls

Day 3 - chest, triceps

session HI - LV
Some type of ME Pressing
JM Presses
Band Push Downs (for reps)
Machine Flies (for reps)

session MI - MV
Flat DB Presses
Machine Presses
GHR Flies
Cable Flies
DB Extensions
Pushdowns

session LI - HV
Incline DB Presses
Close Grip Pin Presses with Bands
Machine Flies
Machine Cable Flies
Close Grip Barbell Walking Pushups
Rope Pushdowns
1/4 dips

Day 4 - quads, calves

session HI - LV
Close Stance Squats
Power Squat Machine
Seated Calve Raise

session MI - MV
Belt Squats
Leg Presses
leg Extensions
Lunges
Standing Calve Raise
Seated Calve Raise

session LI - HV
Box Squats (speed work)
Split Squats
Lunges
One Leg Leg Presses
Leg Extensions
Seated Calve Raise
Standing Calve Raise
One Leg Calve Raises

Day 5 - delts, abs

session HI - LV
Chest Supported Log Presses
Prone DB Rear Delt Raises
Hanging Leg Raise
Pull Down Abs

session MI - MV
Side DB Raises
Barbell Front Raises
Rear Delt Machine
Rear Delt Cable Pulls
Lying Leg Raises
45 Degree Side Raise
Swis Ball Sit Ups

session LI - HV
Supported Rear Delt Raises
One Arm Rear Delt Machine
One Arm Cable Side Raises
Spud Strap Front Raises
Shoulder Complex
Standing Band Torso Series
Floor Torso Series

Repeat rotation with Day 1 on Day 6

***Take off every Tuesday

Session Parameters

Session HI - LV
This is the heavy day. Movements for all groups are one to two with reps ranging for 1-5. Rest is once again based on how I feel. Principles used are any all max effort methods. I may still add in some light rep work at the end of the session if I feel I need more work. If ME work is not an option because of injury or any other reason then all work sets will be take to failure and beyond. Weight to be increased with each session

Session MI - MV
This is basically normal training. Movements for large groups are 3-4, small groups 2-3. Rep ranges are 8-10 with the last set being a bust ass all out effort. Rest is based on when I feel ready to go. Other principle used include rest pause, drop sets, and messing with different training speeds. If I feel beat up I will slow the speed down to keep the weight light. I usually try to break rep records on all the movements I do. Weight and/or reps to be increased with each session.

Session LI - HV
The main muscles groups will be trained with 4-6 movements with sub groups trained with 3-4 movements. The rep range will be between 12-15 with rest periods around 45 seconds. I actually base the reps on my HR instead of time. The loading would be considered light. Some of the other principles I will using during this session are double sets, super sets and lactic acid tolerance training. This is also when any dynamic work will be done. Reps to be increased with each session. First weights selected should fall in the 10 rep range and build from there.

Session Rotation

Day 1 - HI-LV

Day 2 - Mi-MV

Day 3 - HI - LV

Day 4 - LI-HV

repeat cycle with Day 1 on Day 5