• Join Us!
  • Gene Rychlack
  • Gene Rychlack
  • Gene Rychlack
  • Gene Rychlack
  • Gene Rychlack
  • Gene Rychlack
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Gene Rychlack

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Gene Rychlack

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack

• Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack
      has benched over 1000 pounds and some of you may remember his miss at 1015 at I believe the Olympia fracturing his ribs. Here is what he does in training.

"i just don't get wrapped up in my training numbers. i hit what i hit then move on to the next target. i let meet day speak for itself. i know lately hasn't been good. but lessons were learned and a new game plan was drawn. and right now i'm excited how things are progressing. if you want numbers then here you go. bench workout #1 765x10 reps workout #2 785x10 reps the most recent workout on monday, 845x7 reps.

i don't believe in doing any additional shoulder work. you get enough stimulation during bench training. remember this is powerlifting...not bodybuilding. you aren't looking for cannonball delts. the delts are a fragile joint. i stopped doing direct work years ago and my shoulders are healthier than ever. i concentrate on side and rear delt work. rear delts are crucial in developing a big bench. i've seen other lifters talk and reccomend shoulder presses and brag about the weight they do but their bench hasn't moved in eons. always remember this quote"stimulate not annihilate". less is better

as floor presses, i've never liked them. never understood what they were supposed to accomplish. maybe someone else on this forum can offer their opinion on floor presses.

board presses , you should be using board heights that are right about where you are getting stuck on your 1 rep max. i do waves with my boards going from bands ,chains and free weight.
      ex;
      wk1 with chain 1 set to failure on each board height you use 5-7 reps
      wk2 3-5 reps
      wk3 2-3 reps
      wk4 deload with free weight 2-3 reps
      wk5 start over with bands or free weight and repeat above scheme

always remember to vary your resistance and never stay with anything too long. if you do, you risk injury,getting stale.

my favorite exercise for size and strength is close grips and boards. i really feel most people are doing them wrong. they are taking too close of a grip. your hands should be near shoulder width. that's if you take a wide grip. your forearms should be perpendicular to the bar not at a angle.. early on i was utilizing a narrow grip, struggling mightily and not getting stronger. i had chronic sore wrists and forearms. i was fighting my body to perform the movement. i started experimenting with moving my hands out until i reached the grip i use now. during this time, my tri strength increased tenfold. i constantly see people in the gym using too close of a grip and handling barweight a grandmother could handle. i offer my advice and the ones who choose to follow it dramatically saw their weights and strength increase. and their sore wrists and forearms went away.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Gene Rychlack

Rychlack lists the biggest mistakes powerlifters make:
      #1.developing the "mike evans syndrome"
      simply put,mikey is my handoff guy and he drives me crazy with "thinking too much" joe, you are guilty of this. its ood to do research but constantly jumping on the "latest thing" will reek havoc on your training and success on the platform. mike last competed april 2005. mike constantly is changing his routine and straying from my program. what you need to realize is that for every change you make, you need to give time for your body to adjust to the changes . a minimum of 6 months before you can determine if your change is good or bad. mike starts a cycle but stops early on because he isnt seeing the results he saw when he was following my program. so mike is gearing for this years POWERPALOOZA. so i hope he can put it together for both our sakes.
      #2. remember where you come from. pay your respects to the sport as you progress. there are 2 guys out there that are guilty of this. i won't name them. when i was making my way up the ranks i made sure i included this sport's history with my own. in nov 2004 whe i benched 885 and became #1 jaime harris was one of the judges. when every one was pushing out to accept my accolades i inisted that jaime came with me . he initially resisted but relented. you see jaime was somebody i looked up to and until then he had the biggest bench in pennsylvania. and when i had the honor of being only the 2nd powerlifter invited to perform at MR. OLYMPIA following in the footsteps of anthony clark. unfortunately anthony passed away before i could meet him but i honored his legacy at the show.
      #3. dont be A#$hole like mr. anton
      #4.give back whenever you can. it can be as little as a kind word to somebody at the gym or a meet,spotting somebodywho is afraid to ask for help. volunteer at meets or at a local school .
      #5.handle yourself like a professional you never know who is watching. it could be a little kid who might want to grow up and be a powerlifter.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Big Gene on Respect:
      and lack there of. its one thing to debate me , quite another to personally attack me. the sad thing is the individuals who choose to do so. are the ones who will NEVER accomplish anything in their lives to warrant attention. they are jealous of what i've done and what i've accomplished has afforded me. i've never let things go to my head, i've constantly given back to this sport in more ways than you'll ever know. WHY??? i choose not to draw attention to those things.

if you're going to talk shit to me, at least have something to back it up. yes i've banned people for these attacks. and one most recently baffles me. this person has competed in my meets as recently as powerpalooza. as a courtesy, when we were cleaning up. this individuals hat turned up, i returned it to him via the mail. i got a thank you and then voila' few weeks later, personal attacks. i never said members need to kiss my ass and tell me i'm great. i let my accomplishments speak for thermselves. i will live long into powerlifting history unlike the people who launch hate towards me. they will fade away like dust in the wind.

no, i am not done!!!! i needed to take some time off after the OLYMPIA. you cannot maintain the pace i was on. i've had to change things in training. and had to deal with personnel issues. so if 2 bad days means i'm done then that's your call.
      once again, scum surfaces. the infantile pieces of shit who hide behind screen names.because they don't have the guts to say it to my face.

i also received word that ed mccorriston AKA raphael,AKA the mudman, AKA whatever faggoty names he can come up with and hide behind. has surfaced again and spread more hate about me.

so sad that the only attention he'll ever receive is the times he's posting negativity about me.

i'm still baffled where this all came from, he's done my meets, i've treated him fairly and afforded him whatever i could. he's been nice to my face , now this. is this because he didn't get a POWERPALOOZA t-shirt????? i said that all late entries DO NOT receive a free t-shirt. but you could buy 1 if we had xtras. i'm not the only one who does this.
      i'm not going to fool myself and think that's the reason, there's more to it. and only ed knows the reason. maybe when he has the guts and tells me to my face. then i'll know the reason,till then i'll sit and wait.

for the rest of the pieces of shit out there, the only thing you hold onto is your pathetic jabs on how i looked in the past. do you think karen's poster boy is the picture of health??? he couldn't make it through his last meet without being hooked up to a oxygen tank and between hits of air had his head buried in a trash can.
      so **** YOU ALL!!!! your attacks on my shirt are probably because your max is 225 and with a shirt is 250. just remember SCUM, i will live on in history. unlike you. you wish you had ability,talent, an undying work ethic to be the best,no you find any excuse to cover your no talent ,pathetic existence. it just so happens, it's bashing me behind a keyboard.

so if you think your attacks hurt me, think again. you can say what you want. just remember, deep down inside you wish you were in my position. toss that around !!!!

pincrusher is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 478
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Level

very direct and to the point from big gene. he is always getting attacked for not going up against mendelson shirtless but that is not his way of lifting so why would he want to risk injury doing something he doesnt normally do?
      just trying to relive my younger years in the gym all while being in my upper 50's

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Good post Kite!
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by pincrusher
      very direct and to the point from big gene. he is always getting attacked for not going up against mendelson shirtless but that is not his way of lifting so why would he want to risk injury doing something he doesnt normally do?
      Exactly! People give Gene shit alot for not going raw and for how he looks, etc.. Granted the boy ain't pretty but fukk he's a hell of a bench technician and can handle weight that would absolutely crush 99% of us! The whole gear vs. raw debates get really old and it's usually a bunch of whiney ass *****es doing the debating. Gene's a good guy, he's helped out alot of lifters and is doing well. I look forward to him and Mendy going head to head equipped.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack

• Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack
      • Gene Rychlack
      Sounds like a great guy and a good role model. He definetely has good morals. That was pretty motivating actually. Great post Kite, I'll rep you if I can.