• Join Us!
  • Japan`s Military
  • Japan`s Military
  • Japan`s Military
  • Japan`s Military
  • Japan`s Military
  • Japan`s Military
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japan`s Military

superdog
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Japan`s Military

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military

• Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military
      Qustion:
      The top military spending nations are ranked as follows (in billions of USD):

The countries are US, China, France, UK and Japan. How would you guess the rankings sort out?

Go here for the answer:

https://mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten...tries-map.html

Japan points to it`s low enlistment numbers and says "we`re so small". You know, the Japanese people don`t like that they have a military at all but the government thinks otherwise. So the overall strategy is keep the numbers small, then spend shitloads of money to make that the most efficent fighting force on a per man basis. Investments in technology, etc.

Consider by way of an anology F1 racing, they place limits on engine size so then you engineer the rest of the car to make that 2.0l engine do the best it can. Enlistment numbers don`t mean that much.

We all know that the size of the army doesn`t equate to it`s power as the Israelies demonstrated when they were attcked by and then whupped Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Jordan over a six day period capturing Gaza, the Golan Heights (a stratgic mountain range) and the Sinai Peninsula and East Jerusalem. Details at this link:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War

The US Army stands at 477,800 and China stands at 1,600,000 but does anyone doubt that in a straight simluation (ie, transport both armies to a neutral location and fight) that our army with our airforce and the overwhelming tech advantage that we have wouldn`t do the following:

1. Obtain air superemecy.
      2. Bomb the enemy around the clock.
      3. Clean up the remanants with the Army.

Size doesn`t matter (that much) in convential war because control of the skies is a key componnent to victory.

Now with US forces at 477,800 and Japanese forces at 239,430. Does Japan`s army seem that small? Bear in mind that Japan is the second highest spending nation in the world so what are they spending all that $$ on?

Air Force, Navy and Ballistic Missile Defence.

Gentlemen, let me introduce you to the Mistubishi F-2.

I`ll bet didn`t know about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_F-2

Based on the US F-16 (as you can see from the design) this 4th generation fighter has signifigant improvements.
      Stealth.
      Has top notch avonics, including a phased array radar system.
      Has the higest weapons load second only to the US Lighting II Joint Strike Fighter which is still under development.
      The wing is 25% larger than the F-16 and Carries 430kg/square meter.
      This means that one flight by an F-2 carries the 135% of the punch that most other 4th generation US and European aircraft carry.

The only threat to the Japanese 330 combat aircraft are US aircraft.

Don`t forget the US are the ones who invent the cool gagets, the Japanese are the ones who make them small enough to go in planes and missiles, this means that they get copies of everything that they work on for us.

Navy
      21 Subs.
      55 Destroyers and Frigates (including latest version of Ageis ABM, I think 17 of them..)
      Plus another 70 mine warfare, Anti-sub, Amphibous, etc.
      179 fixed wing aircraft. Including anti-ship, anti-sub, refueling, etc.
      135 helicopters.

All if it the latest stuff you can buy and the Naval Academy here is top notch. Do not doubt Japanese naval training.

So what does the Japanese military lack? Experience.

Do you really believe that they are in Iraq just building water plants, schools, holding hands with Iraqi children, etc..?

Recent reports I`ve read state that they are testing various types of robot aircraft.

And do you think for a second that their military leaders like the fact that they`ve been sitting around doing nothing for 60 years while the US has been getting practical experience in every part of the globe?

The culture of Bushido resonates deep in the Japanese psyche, their military leaders are happy to be getting practical experience.

Do not be fooled by the newspapers or CNN. Japan has rebuilt it`s military.

SD

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Japan`s Military

well, if n.korea keeps jackin around, you might see japan using some of that fancy sh*t!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

jazzjackrabbit is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 265
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

very interesting superdog!

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Good info.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

North Korea would stomp them...i seen japans so called "air Force at a Red Flag excersise and let me tell you....they didnt do very damn good...that was 10 years ago though.
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

North Korea is a joke. I'd put my money on the japanese anyday. Again are we forgetting the kamikazee's? Those people are nuts!

superdog
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by pigmeat
      North Korea would stomp them...i seen japans so called "air Force at a Red Flag excersise and let me tell you....they didnt do very damn good...that was 10 years ago though.

Explain your statements further. I don`t understand.
      North Korea would stomp us... how exactly?

Rage is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 242
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by superdog
      Qustion:
      The top military spending nations are ranked as follows (in billions of USD):

Yes, technically Japan is #2 in spending but I think that includes how much they pay the U.S. to stay based in Japan and of couse it includes the high costs of real estate for their bases. In terms of fighting men and equipment they are no #2! Not even top 10!

Japan points to it`s low enlistment numbers and says "we`re so small". You know, the Japanese people don`t like that they have a military at all but the government thinks otherwise. So the overall strategy is keep the numbers small, then spend shitloads of money to make that the most efficent fighting force on a per man basis. Investments in technology, etc.
      Yeah, they're small just like you said. But I would go further to say they are small and afraid to fight.

The US Army stands at 477,800 and China stands at 1,600,000 but does anyone doubt that in a straight simluation (ie, transport both armies to a neutral location and fight) that our army with our airforce and the overwhelming tech advantage that we have wouldn`t do the following:

1. Obtain air superemecy.
      2. Bomb the enemy around the clock.
      3. Clean up the remanants with the Army.
      Hmmm... That's pretty optimistic thinking there, Superdog. Why didn't we beat the Chinese in the Korean and Vietnam wars with just that strategy? In fact the Chinese defeated the U.S. in Korea and Vietnam with their superior numbers despite all our air bombings and bombings and bombings and...

Now with US forces at 477,800 and Japanese forces at 239,430. Does Japan`s army seem that small? Bear in mind that Japan is the second highest spending nation in the world so what are they spending all that $$ on?
      I would guess that they are spending it on the rent of their military bases and to pay the U.S.s expenses of being based in Japan.

Air Force, Navy and Ballistic Missile Defence.

Gentlemen, let me introduce you to the Mistubishi F-2.
      Yeah, they have the F-2 (a.k.a. American F-16) and most of their military equipment is bought from the U.S. Now, here's the problem, the U.S. missile defense is lacking, ergo Japan's missile defense is lacking. I posted earlier that Japan wasn't aware of the North Korean test launch that went over Japan and into the Pacific 2 years ago until several hours after it happened!

Navy
      21 Subs.
      55 Destroyers and Frigates (including latest version of Ageis ABM, I think 17 of them..)
      Plus another 70 mine warfare, Anti-sub, Amphibous, etc.
      179 fixed wing aircraft. Including anti-ship, anti-sub, refueling, etc.
      135 helicopters.

All if it the latest stuff you can buy and the Naval Academy here is top notch. Do not doubt Japanese naval training.
      The Japanese navy scares nobody. North Korean gunboats humiliate the Japanese Navy routinely. When Japanese destroyers order North Koreans out of Japanese territory the North Koreans ignore them. I have even read a newspaper article where North Korea fired upon a Japanese ship and the Japanese ship didn't even return fire! They are under strict orders not to confront the North Koreans. If a North Korean ship fires at a Japanese ship and then casually proceeds toward international waters, the Japanese ship will do nothing!

So what does the Japanese military lack? Experience.

Do you really believe that they are in Iraq just building water plants, schools, holding hands with Iraqi children, etc..?
      Yes, I believe it. How else would you explain the zero casualties? More journalists or tourists or any other group of people have been killed than Japanese soldiers. And if terrorists got their hands on a Japanese soldier they would randsome him for a record-breaking payment. Japan would pay anything to get their soldier back alive! It hasn't happened because that is Japan's worst fear and they are safeguarding against it.

And do you think for a second that their military leaders like the fact that they`ve been sitting around doing nothing for 60 years while the US has been getting practical experience in every part of the globe?
      No, I don't think they like it. But that's still what it is. There is little political will to make any serious changes to the Japanese military. Their policy is to pay the U.S. to protect them. Period.

Do not be fooled by the newspapers or CNN. Japan has rebuilt it`s military.
      That's funny, Superdog! Hehehehe. So the newspapers and CNN are in on the conspiracy of hiding the great current Japanese military? Is the Japanese military out spreading a dis-information campaign? Hehehehe. Gotta give you a point for that argument!

Hey, I don't mean to be offensive so I hope I wasn't! Superdog, you have some interesting ideas and I enjoyed reading them. I just think Japan has really lost the bushido ways of the past. They've really become a nation of wussies. America and Japan would both benefit by Japan truly strengthening its military just like Mishima Yukio called for in the 70s. But Mishima was laughed at and forced to commit sepuku because bushido is history.

And one last note-if war breaks out in Japan, Tokyo is dead so I hope you can get out fast, Superdog!
      -Rage (aka Andrew @ Muscle Maniax)

"Ok I'm here it's Saturday night at 11:00 pm and no one is on so I will go work out then!!"--Captain Canuck

[Referring to Pump]"I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven."--Schwarzenegger

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Wow Rage that was an ignorant post!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER
      Wow Rage that was an ignorant post!
      Yeah, we can't all have the wisdom that we know nothing like you have, Diggler.

"Ok I'm here it's Saturday night at 11:00 pm and no one is on so I will go work out then!!"--Captain Canuck

[Referring to Pump]"I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven."--Schwarzenegger

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Rage
      Yeah, we can't all have the wisdom that we know nothing like you have, Diggler.
      Busha me iya!!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER
      Busha me iya!!
      Are you combining Spanish and Japanese there with Busha me meaning "President Bush for me" and iya meaning "Don't want?" Or what is it you are saying? Busha me is NOT Japanese.

superdog
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Rage, I`d like to repily to your post but your too stupid to understand.

Look punk, if you want to debate military issues, come correct or don`t come at all.

What exactly is your vast base of experience from which you base your assumptions on? Were you based in Okinawa for 6 months? Because it will take a lot more than that if you really want to debate this.

Fit2bLarge is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Rage, I`d like to repily to your post but your too stupid to understand.

Look punk, if you want to debate military issues, come correct or don`t come at all.

What exactly is your vast base of experience from which you base your assumptions on? Were you based in Okinawa for 6 months? Because it will take a lot more than that if you really want to debate this.

Let keep this friendly. No need to flame others for their point of view because they differ from yours.

superdog
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military

• Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military
      • Japan`s Military
      And one last note-if war breaks out in Japan, Tokyo is dead so I hope you can get out fast, Superdog![/QUOTE]

Right, and how exactly is war going to break out in Japan? Are the North Koreans going to swim here? Or do the Russians want to take us from the North? Please educate me because I`m dying to know.