• Join Us!
  • High School Valedictorian Censored
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High School Valedictorian Censored

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default High School Valedictorian Censored

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Brittany McComb was the valedictorian at Foothill High School recently. She graduated with a 4.7 GPA. She earned the right to address the other graduates at Foothill, located in Henderson, Nevada.

She gave a copy of her graduating speech to the school administrators. It contained some Biblical references and even mentioned (one time) the name “Christ.” The school administrators censored some of the Biblical references. They also censored the single reference to Christ.

Then the school officials handed the speech over to the ACLU for approval and/or more censoring. After getting the OK from the ACLU, Brittany’s speech (minus the censored references to the Bible and Christ) was approved. Brittany was warned that if she deviated from the ACLU approved language, her mike would be cut off.

Then came the moment for the big decision. She would not bow down, she decided. She would go with her original version. She stepped to the mike and began her speech. But just before she could utter the name “Christ,” her mike went dead. School officials silenced her. The crowd of 400 jeered for several minutes, angry at the action of the school officials. The ACLU was happy. They had silenced another Christian.

“I went through four years of school at Foothill and they taught me logic and they taught me freedom of speech. God’s the biggest part of my life. Just like other valedictorians thank their parents, I wanted to thank my lord and savior,” Brittany said.

Because she refused to bow down to the ACLU’s idol of gold, she did not get her wish. She was censored.

This young heroine deserves praise and a thank you from those who believe in free speech.

Scalleywag is offline Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: High School Valedictorian Censored

We need more people like her!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

That is a bunch of garbage!! People have the right to preach what ever they want. I'm so sick of this crap where people screw with others right to free speech. Regardless if it's my religon or not I think she should have every right to say what she believes in. Stop catering to the few that might get offended! I wouldn't be offended if they quoted some other language. It's only a quote what's the big deal!

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Ridiculous!!!
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Somehow this country got into "I don't want to offend any minority group" mode. Ya know what, if you are such a whiney ass puss that stuff like this offends you then fu-ck you! No matter who you are or what you say, sooner or later someone will be offended it's unavoidable! I don't get it.

Lily is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

No matter what I say, I offend someone lol....too friggin bad!
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Aerobics: a series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars, and starch into aches, pains and cramps! (that's why I don't do 'em LOL)

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

ITS SIMPLE....LIVE AND LET LIVE.
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I love people that stand against the government.

That is some clangers for a teenager.

lxorl is offline Elite FG Resident
      Overall activity: 7.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

sounds kinda contradictory of what the ACLU stands for??
      I'm Just an old chunk of Coal, But I'm gonna be a DIAMOND some day.

Testify is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

That is disgraceful. Worse, it does not surprise me one bit.

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by kite
      Somehow this country got into "I don't want to offend any minority group" mode. Ya know what, if you are such a whiney ass puss that stuff like this offends you then fu-ck you! No matter who you are or what you say, sooner or later someone will be offended it's unavoidable! I don't get it.
      Ditto!

This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday. This is the Liberal movement and it's taking away our rights. People are wrong when they say Bush is taking your rights away, it's the Liberals! The same people who want to allow the open expression of homosexuality are the same hypocrite sons of *****es who refused to allow this kid to voice their religion. It's totaly bullshit and you can thank phuktards like John Kerry for that. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech, it's not freedom to speak only about the things the Liberals want to hear. These Liberal jackasses are the same people who want all religious stuff off the TV and radio but yet they say they are for freedom of speech. Bullshit! They are hypocrites and they are the downfall of this country's rights and liberties!
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Here's another thing that pisses me off, the rule on religion in school clearly states that religious views can not be expressed at 'mandatory' assebly. Well, I hate to point out the facts to the idiots, but graduation is NOT a 'mandatory' assembly. Just like football or any of the sports. Coaches pray before games and those students who are offended have the right to leave the room or leave the team but since it is not 'mandatory' for student to play a sport, the expression of religion is allowed. I hate these left wing faggot loving, baby killing pieces of shit. All they want to do is promote what they want and supress what they don't agree with and so many people on here would rather have this country ran by one of these morons that who's in office. It makes no sense to me. You vote liberal democtrat and you sign your rights away. Period!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007
      Ditto!

This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday. This is the Liberal movement and it's taking away our rights. People are wrong when they say Bush is taking your rights away, it's the Liberals! The same people who want to allow the open expression of homosexuality are the same hypocrite sons of *****es who refused to allow this kid to voice their religion. It's totaly bullshit and you can thank phuktards like John Kerry for that. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech, it's not freedom to speak only about the things the Liberals want to hear. These Liberal jackasses are the same people who want all religious stuff off the TV and radio but yet they say they are for freedom of speech. Bullshit! They are hypocrites and they are the downfall of this country's rights and liberties!
      Don't start this liberal crap again! I'm liberal and I think it's a crock of shiitt that they won't let her say what she wants. Everyone else I know that is liberal who also read this with me agreed with me. So that's a complete crock!

If that's so damn true why are these damn biblethumpers trying to censor tv and radio?? That's the damn republicans not the liberals! Who's the one censoring free speech?

Who's the one's that are banning video games that are intended for mature adults but they ban them because they are inappropriate for kids??? That's freedom of expression, video games is an interactive art form and it clearly states MA for MATURE. So who is trying to take that right?? Not the liberals! (except of course hillary who is more republican these days than anything, which is why she is losing her backing of democrats to run for president.)

Stop pointing fingers! You didn't see me post that it was the damn conservative people that get offended by everything that are causing this. Which in all reality it is the damn conservatives. Everything is a sin, and if it doesn't coincide with THIER religon it should be illegal or banned! It's not freedom it's dictating! Get your cards straight before you start saying shiiit!

And we were on a roll for a little while there seeing eye to eye on things!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007
      Here's another thing that pisses me off, the rule on religion in school clearly states that religious views can not be expressed at 'mandatory' assebly. Well, I hate to point out the facts to the idiots, but graduation is NOT a 'mandatory' assembly. Just like football or any of the sports. Coaches pray before games and those students who are offended have the right to leave the room or leave the team but since it is not 'mandatory' for student to play a sport, the expression of religion is allowed. I hate these left wing faggot loving, baby killing pieces of shit. All they want to do is promote what they want and supress what they don't agree with and so many people on here would rather have this country ran by one of these morons that who's in office. It makes no sense to me. You vote liberal democtrat and you sign your rights away. Period!
      Are you freaking kidding me???? Sign our rights away???

First of all thier is nothing wrong with gay people. I have many gay friends (men and women) and they are better friends than most straight people. They have just as many rights as you! So yes we will stand up for their freedoms. You preach about freedom.....Maybe you need to go look up the definition of the word. Are you implying they don't have rights like you do? Should they be treated differently because they have different beliefs than you???

Then you say that all we (meaning liberals) want is to promote what we want and suppress what we don't!!! ARE YOU KIDDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think all of these bible thumping Republicans are doing?? They try to run this country in accordance with their own personal religon. Damn right us democrats will put a stop to that shiitt! Noone has the right to delegate what I can or can't believe in. Noone can tell me that I MUST do something because that's what their bible says! GUESS WHAT IT'S A FREE COUNTRY WHOEVER DOESN'T LIKE IT CAN FREAKING LEAVE!!! That means government shouldn't dare try to push their religon.

I don't mind that "In God We Trust" is put on things because that is the freedom of expression. I don't mind that are courts have catholic stuff on their statues again because it is freedom of expression. But changing laws according to your religon is A BIG NO NO!!

Oh and just so you know I don't believe in pushing what I believe and suppressing what I don't. I believe in keeping freedom just that FREE! Free from prejudices, free from segregation, free from seperation, free from persecution, free from government delegating what we can say, pray, think, express, or do. I don't believe in suppressing your rights as a republican christian. I believe in protecting the rights that allow you to do as you say fit without invading anyone's personal space or beliefs.

So you tell me who's the ones that are suppressing??

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER
      Don't start this liberal crap again! I'm liberal and I think it's a crock of shiitt that they won't let her say what she wants. Everyone else I know that is liberal who also read this with me agreed with me. So that's a complete crock!

If that's so damn true why are these damn biblethumpers trying to censor tv and radio?? That's the damn republicans not the liberals! Who's the one censoring free speech?

Who's the one's that are banning video games that are intended for mature adults but they ban them because they are inappropriate for kids??? That's freedom of expression, video games is an interactive art form and it clearly states MA for MATURE. So who is trying to take that right?? Not the liberals! (except of course hillary who is more republican these days than anything, which is why she is losing her backing of democrats to run for president.)

Stop pointing fingers! You didn't see me post that it was the damn conservative people that get offended by everything that are causing this. Which in all reality it is the damn conservatives. Everything is a sin, and if it doesn't coincide with THIER religon it should be illegal or banned! It's not freedom it's dictating! Get your cards straight before you start saying shiiit!

And we were on a roll for a little while there seeing eye to eye on things!

I hate to correct you but it is indeed the liberals who are refusing to live up to freedom of speech. You may remember some time back when religion was taken out of schools, a liberal did that. You may remember the censorship of rock music. That was headed by Tipper Gore. You got it, a liberal. Liberals are at fault for starting the censorship of stuff. Period. It started with church in schools a long time ago, then progressed to music and now a child can't even say 'Christ' even though they proved to be smartest child graduating in that class.

I'm sorry you disagree, but it's proven fact that liberals censor more stuff than consrvatives. Sure, we don't want certain things on TV for the sake of our children. Where as the liberal wants to censor anything they don't agree with. I guess, when you look at it like that, they are the same. Liberals want to censor religion and conservatives want to sensor profanity. However, and here's the difference, if it's illegal for a child under a certain age to watch certain rated movies don't you think it's common sense that TV should not allow that kind of language during a time in which a child could be watching? Where as the intentional censoring of religion seems to be out of personal spite. Who exactly gets offended by the word 'Christ'? I have several Jewish friends and if we have them over for dinner and I say grace they don't get offended. And when we go to their house for dinner and if they do or don't say a prayer, I don't get offended. They absolutely do not view Christ the same as me but we never censor one another because we respect the difference. When one of these liberals censors religion they do it out of spite. They do it for their own personal wants. They don't have the right to say who will and who wont get offended.

You say you don't agree with what happened to that kid, well, do you feel that religion should be banned from TV and Radio? Because some of the liberal politicians you support do. What does that say? To me, that says you support people who do other than you believe in. And trust me, there are democrats that are currently working to try and get that done.

With that said, I must state, that it is the parents job to govern what their children watch. I don't care one bit about shows like Will & Grace. I just don't watch it. If a show has profanity, I don't watch it in front of my child. However, the there are liberals who do infact censor religion for their own personal reaons. Not because they want to protect their child, but because they just don't like it.

So, where's the real problem? People who want to censor to protect their children, or people who want to censor just because they don't like what you have to say? I say the latter is the real problem.

You may or may not agree, that's fine. I respect your point! And now that's I've gotten to know you better I see that we see things different. I think you are wrong and you think that I am wrong. The great thing is we are both right because this is our opinion and you can't argue with someone's opinion. It's not fact, it's a feeling. I deal in opinions every day with my job. I may be reviewing an appraisal of a person who said a home was in very good condition. Even though I feel it's in average condition at best, there is nothing I can do because that is there opinion. Sure, I could state specifics as to why its not very good but I would never win that arguement in court.