• Join Us!
  • Gas companies unsympathetic!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas companies unsympathetic!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Gas companies unsympathetic!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Here's a link to profits made and statements from the gas companies...
      https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060429/...i_ge/earns_oil

It's absolutely unbelievable about their stance on things. They say that other industries like yahoo.com and ebay.com are making $19.20 on every $100 spent whereas the oil companies are making only $8.19 on every $100 spent. YEAH BECAUSE THE OTHER COMPANIES AREN'T MAKING $64 BILLION DOLLAR ONE QUARTER PROFITS!!!! IF THEY DID THEY WOULD LOWER THEIR PRICES TO STAY COMPETITIVE!

What the hell type of justification is that? I make nearly 60% profit of the retail price of everything sold. Does that mean they should be charging $50 a gallon to match my profits? This is ridiculous and all I have to say is Karma is a *****. These people will get what they deserve!

space mountain is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Gas companies unsympathetic!

yea its total bullshit those bastards ! lol
      If bigger is better then im better than ever !

jazzjackrabbit is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 265
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Ridiculous justifications!

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Take a look at the Persian Gulf area like Dubai, thats where all the money is being invested. Even Trump is going to build a hotel costing in the 100's of millions there.

Slightly Enhanced is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

8% return on investment (ROI) is nothing to brag about, and I think their return on sales (ROS) is only about 10% which is pathetic too.........

My point: their profits are based on pure volume. They have a product that everyone wants. Why should we expect them to be benevolent and sell at a price less than market value? If you want prices to go down then decrease demand. It’s that simple.

My personal opinion is that I am glad prices are going up. It hurts my pocket but forces me to consider the cost of fuel in my decisions thus reducing my consumption. We are too smart of a society not to be able to come up with cleaner alternatives for fuel. Higher prices will save us all in the future.
      R.I.P. GearedUp

Lord, make me strong, and let the weak find comfort in my strength.

jazzjackrabbit is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 265
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Amen Slightly Enhanced!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly Enhanced
      8% return on investment (ROI) is nothing to brag about, and I think their return on sales (ROS) is only about 10% which is pathetic too.........

My point: their profits are based on pure volume. They have a product that everyone wants. Why should we expect them to be benevolent and sell at a price less than market value? If you want prices to go down then decrease demand. It’s that simple.

My personal opinion is that I am glad prices are going up. It hurts my pocket but forces me to consider the cost of fuel in my decisions thus reducing my consumption. We are too smart of a society not to be able to come up with cleaner alternatives for fuel. Higher prices will save us all in the future.
      Yeah well that's a ridiculous statement! How is it fair to people like me that have to drive an 8cyl truck for work? I'm not hauling thousands of pounds of wood with a 4cyl S10! So now I'm supposed to get raped at the pump?

You do realize that by raising prices it's going to cause massive inflation right?
      Shipping companies will have to charge more for hauling goods so costs of the goods will go up. The costs are always passed off to the consumer.

Even my wood costs have gone up 5%! Now lets do the math.......An extra $200 a month in gas for my truck, Plus an Extra 5% cost on wood, along with gas surcharges for deliveries. What does that equal??? PRICE INCREASES! How the hell do you stay afloat without increasing prices? Are you supposed to give people stuff for free??

As for coming up with other alternatives, even when the prices were low there were people doing research and work on it. Why? because they want to be the new demand for transportation. We don't need high oil prices to make people come up with other ideas. All the high prices do is frustrate people, cause crime, and put a huge strain on our economy!

Like I've said look at all the technological advancements that have come over the last 50 years. More than anytime in history. 30 years ago solared power homes would be way out of range. Now it's getting to the point where it's almost affordable. It takes time for new things to come out. Like I've said if we depended on our own oil reserves by the time we ran out we'd have new technologies that would make oil unnecessary. It's only a matter of time.

But as long as we have people out there that think like you we will continue to get raped at the pumps. These companies aren't stupid! They know there are millions of naive people out there that have no conception of what is going on in the grand scheme of things!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Oh btw just because a product is high in demand doesn't mean that it should be priced ridiculously. If we go according to your view than they should start charging $30 a gallon of water! Why not water is high in demand! Supply and demand right?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Blame companies like Exxon, lol! They don't give a damn about anything inculding the environment, except making money. Blame our government too, for not subsidising funding for more refineries, and putting more dollars into cell technologies, and green fuels. You know what is rediculious??, is all the tax $ that is given to the government, and all the fat pensions and salaries these ppl make. Thats why they aren't proactive in this. It will take something like a catastrophy, when global warming starts to effect ppl here is when they will start taking action, and by then it will be too late. Take a look at Brazil. The are 100% fuel effecient, and they are a third world country. If you doing like the prices, then contact your local legislators, or make petitions in your cities and get ppl to sign them. It is rediculious to me that our government can spend billions in Iraq, while our own country is in a deficit. Btw, the gas we are getting is mainly from the middle east that is the reason for the high pricing.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by mick-G
      Blame companies like Exxon, lol! They don't give a damn about anything inculding the environment, except making money. Blame our government too, for not subsidising funding for more refineries, and putting more dollars into cell technologies, and green fuels. You know what is rediculious??, is all the tax $ that is given to the government, and all the fat pensions and salaries these ppl make. Thats why they aren't proactive in this. It will take something like a catastrophy, when global warming starts to effect ppl here is when they will start taking action, and by then it will be too late. Take a look at Brazil. The are 100% fuel effecient, and they are a third world country. If you doing like the prices, then contact your local legislators, or make petitions in your cities and get ppl to sign them. It is rediculious to me that our government can spend billions in Iraq, while our own country is in a deficit. Btw, the gas we are getting is mainly from the middle east that is the reason for the high pricing.

EXACTLY!!!

Lily is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly Enhanced

don't we have LOTS of corn fields??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
      i know someone in town here that converted his carto burn french fry oil lol and gets the friggin oil from Mcd's and Burger king and burns that in his car! lol his car is still working fine from what i see...
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
      Aerobics: a series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars, and starch into aches, pains and cramps! (that's why I don't do 'em LOL)

Lily is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER
      Oh btw just because a product is high in demand doesn't mean that it should be priced ridiculously. If we go according to your view than they should start charging $30 a gallon of water! Why not water is high in demand! Supply and demand right?
      I just started seeing commercials on the shortage of ground water here in maine and who owns the ground water that the local spring water company sells....ridiculous...I have well water and it is the cleanest water ..i don't have to buy water, thank god lol
      "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
      Aerobics: a series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars, and starch into aches, pains and cramps! (that's why I don't do 'em LOL)

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

^Funny i was thinking about water today while i was working out, lol! I think of how much water we waste every day. A major prob here in the usa is that we are too fortunate. We take for granted the resources we have. More ppl need to think about how not to waste our own commodities. We are a spoiled nation. Instead of worrying about gas, ppl are more into what size engine or what kind of cars or trucks they have. I know im not one to talk, lol!

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Its not the govt fault or the fuel companies falt totally. Blame it on the damn earth muffins. There is oil every where here in Utah/colorado, but we may kill a bug or something getting it. so lets get but raped by the Arabs instead. Coal can be made into fuel, but oh yeah....the tree huggers dont want us mining coal either.
      As long as the tree huggers are allowed to do as they please, we will be paying insane prices and dependant on the mid east
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)

LilFella is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by pigmeat
      Its not the govt fault or the fuel companies falt totally. Blame it on the damn earth muffins. There is oil every where here in Utah/colorado, but we may kill a bug or something getting it. so lets get but raped by the Arabs instead. Coal can be made into fuel, but oh yeah....the tree huggers dont want us mining coal either.
      As long as the tree huggers are allowed to do as they please, we will be paying insane prices and dependant on the mid east
      True. And as some have suggested that we need to cut our consumption to show big oil a "lesson" - All that will do is raise the prices even more becuase then thier profits would go down.