• Join Us!
  • thyroxine
  • thyroxine
  • thyroxine
  • thyroxine
  • thyroxine
  • thyroxine
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: thyroxine

PARABOLAN
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default thyroxine

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • thyroxine
      • thyroxine

• thyroxine
      • thyroxine
      • thyroxine
      • thyroxine
      • thyroxine
      • thyroxine
      i just baught a bottle out of the pharmacy of this stuff... its 50 mcg per tab... they didnt have cytomel so the guy told me that this product contains both T3 and T4... do u guys think its good for fat loss??

jack hust
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

got me never heard of a combo t-3 t-4 ,it would burn fat buut you need to know how much of each drug is in each tab t-4 does not work nearley as well as t-3 it takes about 100mcg of t-4 to = 25 mcg of t-3 i have used both t-4 makes me feel sick so i stay away from it

Aragorn
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

This is what I could grab on it...

Available as Thyroxine Tablets in 25 microgram, 50 microgram and 100 microgram strengths. May also supplied under the trade name Eltroxinâ .

How does it work?

Thyroxine is the main hormone produced by the thyroid gland. It plays an important role in regulating many of the body’s metabolic functions. Hypothyroidism is the condition that results from under-production of thyroxine by the thyroid gland either because the gland is naturally underactive or because radioiodine therapy or surgery for an overactive gland has resulted in underactivity. Thyroxine is taken to replace the deficiency which exists in such situations and therefore to restore normal metabolic activity.

How do I take it?

Thyroxine has a very long action in the body and is taken as a single daily dose, usually in the morning after breakfast. The actual dose may vary from patient to patient since it is requires to be tailored to the individual’s requirement. This is determined by a simple blood test which will allow the Doctor to adjust the dose from time to time as necessary. For most patients, the dose lies in the range from 50 microgram to 200 microgram daily. Note that thyroxine treatment is started at low dosage (as low as 25 microgram daily in older patients and in those with heart conditions such as angina) then increased gradually as required in order to limit the risk of heart rhythm disturbances and chest pain (see below).

What side effects can be expected?

Since thyroxine is a replacement therapy, few side effects should be anticipated providing the dosage is suitably tailored to need. When daily doses exceed what is actually required there is a tendency for increased metabolic activity which may result in palpitations and chest pain (especially in those with heart disease), muscle cramps, sweating, tremors, diarrhoea, restlessness, insomnia and headaches. However such problems, should they occur, will readily respond to a reduction in dosage.

Very occasionally allergic reactions (usually skin rashes) have been reported with tablets from different suppliers. This suggests that something in the tablet, other than thyroxine, may be implicated and a change of brand will generally overcome such problems.

Other medicines or substances which might interfere with your treatment

If thyroxine is started (or if the dose becomes excessive) in a diabetic patient there is likely to be a requirement for increased dosage of insulin or oral anti-diabetic therapy. Similarly the dose of warfarin may require to be reduced in patients who are anticoagulated.

Some anticonvulsants (anti-epileptic medicines) including phenytoin and carbamazepine (Tegretol) may alter the metabolism of thyroxine by the liver. Because of this, the dose of thyroxine may require to be altered if these are started or stopped in a patient controlled on thyroxine. This also applies when carbamazepine (Tegretol) is used in the treatment of some types of nerve pain.

It may be necessary to adjust the dose of thyroxine upwards if the oral contraceptive pill is commenced.

Storing your medicine

Thyroxine tablets should be stored in the container in which they have been dispensed and kept in a cool dry place.

Aragorn

pump_iron is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 280
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Actually Thyroxine is the Generic Name for Synthroid - T4 is all you have. See if you can't find some T3 (Cytomel) - IMHO T4 isn't all that great.

I take (because I have to) 350 mcg of Synthroid and 150 mcg of Cytomel every day. It took some geting use to. Now I just take it all at one time in the morning - I wouldn't recommend it for you though.
      "The gene pool could use a little chlorine."

jjgarcia3
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

yah, find out how much of each is in the pill. im sure you alreadt know this but run AS with cycle. im just now tapering down on my first t3 cycle and like a dumbass i went for the first three weeks without any AS. people cant tell by looking at me that ive lost muscle but my strength overall has gone down by about 35%. sucks bro, never again...

Aragorn
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Question - Why purchase something where you have little knowledge on...I don't mean it in a bad way but I know that I don't just have money to burn because I see something.

Aragorn

jack hust
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

good question aragorn

PARABOLAN
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

well how good is T4 for burning fat?

Dragon
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

t4 is OK but not as good as t3. I alwasy take 25-50mcg with t3.

T4 alone will help though, start at 25mcg, and every 3 days, go up 25mcg more, up to 150-200mcg. taper back down. 6 weeks max!!

Miracle Man is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 58
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • thyroxine
      • thyroxine

• thyroxine
      • thyroxine
      • thyroxine
      • thyroxine
      • thyroxine
      • thyroxine
      Originally posted by pump_iron
      Actually Thyroxine is the Generic Name for Synthroid - T4 is all you have. See if you can't find some T3 (Cytomel) - IMHO T4 isn't all that great.

I take (because I have to) 350 mcg of Synthroid and 150 mcg of Cytomel every day. It took some geting use to. Now I just take it all at one time in the morning - I wouldn't recommend it for you though.
      Dam, thats a ton of T4 & T3 at all times. What happened? Do you have a thyroid to begine with? I have to take T4 myself. Had thyroid cancer but only lost half of my thyroid. I take 100mcg of Synthroid myself to stabalize everything. I think I need more, not feeling too good these days. But I am still living. Thats all that matters.
      "Miracles Can Happen"