• Join Us!
  • south dakota to overturn abortion
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: south dakota to overturn abortion

PL456 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 143
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default south dakota to overturn abortion

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

South Dakota has introduced a state bill banning all abortions in the state except under extreme circumstances. The governor has said he will sign it into law. Doctors could get up to 5 years in prison for performing abortions. Too bad some liberal judge will probably overturn it. Hopefully the new supreme court will take issue with this and do the right thing.
      -----+++DrugFree4Life+++-----

thunderterd is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 97
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: south dakota to overturn abortion

I know better than to talk politics/religeon, so I won't respond, but I can't wait to read the arguments this thread causes.
      A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK

terd1@hushmail.com

www.fightworks.net

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by PL456
      South Dakota has introduced a state bill banning all abortions in the state except under extreme circumstances. The governor has said he will sign it into law. Doctors could get up to 5 years in prison for performing abortions. Too bad some liberal judge will probably overturn it. Hopefully the new supreme court will take issue with this and do the right thing.
      Why is it your business what others do with their lives PL??

Are you implying that a women that is raped should have that kid?
      Would that be fair for the kid?
      Even if put up for adoption he/she would still find out some day it was the product of a rape. Yeah I bet that will make him/her a pillar of society!

What about incest? That's against your flawless religous beliefs right? What if a pregnancy occurs because a father molested his daughter. Would that be fair to the daughter or child? Do you think god would approve of that child? I know you'll say "God will approve of everyone". Well according to the bible "god will forgive your sins" so abortion is just as forgivable!

As I said in another post, I don't agree with abortion because you were careless. I do believe in the morning after pill. But I also don't think it's any of your or the governments business what my wife does with her body. Who the phuck do you people think you are to try and dictate peoples lives? If you want to live in a dictatorship move to another country dammit! I'm so sick of all these bible thumpers trying to put this country under martial law. You all need to go to the middle of montana, make a huge compound, and cut yourselves off from the rest of the world!

TestRip7 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Interesting points that the two of you have. I like seeing how everyone interprets these things individually.

Disclaimer: Any information that TestRip7 shares is strictly for entertainment and role playing purposes only. TestRip7 is a fictional character and in no way condones the use of any illegal substances or activities otherwise.

solidground is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 90
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i didnt think individual states had the power to overturn laws such as this??
      (candidates@google:ron paul )

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER
      As I said in another post, I don't agree with abortion because you were careless. I do believe in the morning after pill. But I also don't think it's any of your or the governments business what my wife does with her body. Who the phuck do you people think you are to try and dictate peoples lives? If you want to live in a dictatorship move to another country dammit! I'm so sick of all these bible thumpers trying to put this country under martial law. You all need to go to the middle of montana, make a huge compound, and cut yourselves off from the rest of the world!

oh and I just wanted to make it clear. I was using my wife as an example. She never had an abortion, and never will unless A.> it could endanger her life, or B.> she was raped. If either of those two things happened she would have an abortion before anyone could blink. Otherwise I don't believe in it. But regardless If I believe in it or not, other people still have the right to make their own choice.

BTW, if you don't think that abortion should be legal because it's murder. What about the vegetarians that are against meat and the killing of animals to use for meat. Should we now ban meat and killing animals because some people don't believe in it? Should we stop killing these cows? I know your response will be "that's different" well tell the cow that!

Side not......I love steak

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The vegetarian argument is just wrong. Are you really equating a cow to a human life? I do believe that abortion in all of it's forms should be made illeagal. In the event of rape, do two wrongs make a right? No. On the issue of what business is it of ours, you could make that argument on practically everything that's illeagal.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kite
      The vegetarian argument is just wrong. Are you really equating a cow to a human life? I do believe that abortion in all of it's forms should be made illeagal. In the event of rape, do two wrongs make a right? No. On the issue of what business is it of ours, you could make that argument on practically everything that's illeagal.
      People like you infurate me! Who the phuck do you think you are to control other peoples lives? Why shouldn't it be legal? Because it's against your beliefs? Guess what....THATS YOUR BELIEFS!!! NOT MINE!!! WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO ABIDE BY WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN?

Again with my vegetarian comment just like the other bible thumpers on this board you weren't able to see the symbology in what I wrote. I beginning to think that almost all bible pushers are people that don't have the intellect to decipher what things mean. I know that Tmann's gonna jump in on that comment so I better spell it out......Tmann has a high IQ but that doesn't mean that he's smart in all aspects. I have a high IQ but that doesn't mean I'm smart in all aspects. It means that you are smart in general. Some people are smarter than others in different ways. I think that most of you bible pushers don't have the ability to read into anything.

I'm also beginning to see that it's a waste of time debating with bible pushers because they just don't get it. There's alot of people out there that are the type that "JUST DON'T GET IT"! Alot of my family and friends always say that, and we all agree that people that don't get that comment, ARE THOSE PEOPLE. I guarantee your one of them.

Next time you want to comment on anything someone writes why don't you show your true intelligence, and comment on each thing they say. Otherwise your rebuttal is meaningless!

gymdiva is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 434
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

as a woman I can say that this is completely not a political issue as it has become but rather a health issue...this should be taken up b/w a woman and her doctor...not b/w congress and some politicians...in the words of George Carlin, not every ejaculation deserves a name...

space mountain is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

well said diva !
      If bigger is better then im better than ever !

TestRip7 is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

INTERESTING!!

Disclaimer: Any information that TestRip7 shares is strictly for entertainment and role playing purposes only. TestRip7 is a fictional character and in no way condones the use of any illegal substances or activities otherwise.

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER
      People like you infurate me! Who the phuck do you think you are to control other peoples lives? Why shouldn't it be legal? Because it's against your beliefs? Guess what....THATS YOUR BELIEFS!!! NOT MINE!!! WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO ABIDE BY WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN?

Again with my vegetarian comment just like the other bible thumpers on this board you weren't able to see the symbology in what I wrote. I beginning to think that almost all bible pushers are people that don't have the intellect to decipher what things mean. I know that Tmann's gonna jump in on that comment so I better spell it out......Tmann has a high IQ but that doesn't mean that he's smart in all aspects. I have a high IQ but that doesn't mean I'm smart in all aspects. It means that you are smart in general. Some people are smarter than others in different ways. I think that most of you bible pushers don't have the ability to read into anything.

I'm also beginning to see that it's a waste of time debating with bible pushers because they just don't get it. There's alot of people out there that are the type that "JUST DON'T GET IT"! Alot of my family and friends always say that, and we all agree that people that don't get that comment, ARE THOSE PEOPLE. I guarantee your one of them.

Next time you want to comment on anything someone writes why don't you show your true intelligence, and comment on each thing they say. Otherwise your rebuttal is meaningless!
      Dude, there's so much I could say, but like you said I feel that there would be no point, you just won't get it. I'll try to keep it as simple as possible and then I'm done. The murder of a human being is the murder of a human being, it requires very little intellect to understand that simple fact. I personally don't care what someone does to themselves, but I do feel that it's my and every other human being's duty, to stand up for the innocents who cannot defend themselves. I wonder if you'd have the balls to tell someone who is the product of a rape or an incestuous affair that their parent/parents would have been fully justified in killing them before birth for whatever reason? I also wonder why you feel it necassary to bring into question anyone's intellect who doesn't share your beliefs? I have morals based on the Christian philosophy and the teachings of the Bible (which I don't believe to be 100% litteral in every word of every book,there are different writing styles by different writers, some metaphorical, some literal, some figurative) so I'm a Bible pushing idiot. I don't share your political beliefs so I must be stupid. I don't believe in your ideas on humanity, so I must be a complete moron. Hmmm, I've always thought that those who have to resort to insults don't have much of an intellect. Oh well, all I can do is wish you well in your spiritual journey, and for the moment at least, agree to disagree.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kite
      Dude, there's so much I could say, but like you said I feel that there would be no point, you just won't get it. I'll try to keep it as simple as possible and then I'm done. The murder of a human being is the murder of a human being, it requires very little intellect to understand that simple fact. I personally don't care what someone does to themselves, but I do feel that it's my and every other human being's duty, to stand up for the innocents who cannot defend themselves. I wonder if you'd have the balls to tell someone who is the product of a rape or an incestuous affair that their parent/parents would have been fully justified in killing them before birth for whatever reason? I also wonder why you feel it necassary to bring into question anyone's intellect who doesn't share your beliefs? I have morals based on the Christian philosophy and the teachings of the Bible (which I don't believe to be 100% litteral in every word of every book,there are different writing styles by different writers, some metaphorical, some literal, some figurative) so I'm a Bible pushing idiot. I don't share your political beliefs so I must be stupid. I don't believe in your ideas on humanity, so I must be a complete moron. Hmmm, I've always thought that those who have to resort to insults don't have much of an intellect. Oh well, all I can do is wish you well in your spiritual journey, and for the moment at least, agree to disagree.
      atleast we're finally getting somewhere. I'm not saying your an idiot because of your beliefs. I was saying that because I feel when anyone pushes their beliefs on someone else it is crossing boundaries. I'm not trying to convince you abortion is right. I have no business telling you what's right or wrong. I'm just saying you have no right telling others what they can or can't do.

I agree that late abortions are wrong, I do agree that to a degree it is murder if it is a late term abortion. I don't think however early term abortions should be anyone's business. I don't feel they are necessarily murder. Do I think it's wrong....Yes. But again, if my wife was raped, molested, or was going to die because of it I and she should have the right to make our own choice. I'm not saying that you should be forced to like the fact of abortion. I'm saying you shouldn't be able to step in my house and tell me whats right or wrong. That's pushing your beliefs on me, and that just plain isn't right.

As for the insulting people part, I apologize on that, I just tend to get waaaaayy to passionate about people stepping on my toes, and telling me what to do. I've always hated authority, and get very confrontational when I feel someone is trying to push something on me, or force me to do something. I think you get the drift, atleast I hope because I don't want to talk in circles and ramble on. Like you said we'll just have to agree to disagree.

PL456 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 143
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

so, diggler, its ok to kill a fetus in the 1st trimester of its life, but not ok to kill it in it in the third? what about the second trimester. Would you allow it to be killed in the 1st half of the second trimester--is that still early enough? or is the 2nd half of the 2nd trimester still ok? what Im saying is that I believe that EVERY human being has a right to life. I believe that life begins at conception. You obviously believe that at some point the "fetus" becomes a baby as you say late-term abortions are wrong. Where do you draw the line? The answer is you cannot.
      Again, the point you make about a child being a drag on society, or put down by society---thus justifying the abortion--is ridiculous. For example, look at Dave Thomas, the founder of Wendy's. He was adopted.
      Also, the argument people make about being raped or an incest case or "the life of the mother being in danger", is a common tactic. These instances make up less than 1/2 of 1% of all abortions. The fact is taht 99.5% of all abortions are elective; people are simply shirking responsibility for their actions. Actions have consequences friends. Many of these same "pro-choice" people are against the death penalty for convicted rapists, murders, and child molesters.

Can we agree on this...when a woman becomes pregnant, there are no longer 2 people--her and her doctor involved; rather there are three..the mother, the doctor, and the baby. I think the baby should have a voice in what happens to him or her. I think if given a choice, that baby (a miracle from God Himself), would like to LIVE, not be sucked out of its mother's womb and thrown away like a dirty rag. can we at least agree on that?

and gymdiva, your george carlin comment was shocking. I wonder if you would say that in public? would you stand out in a group that was discussing this topic and say such a horrible thing? that comment was absolutely horrible. Is that the way you see conception? Is sex so cheap and easy that the possible ramifications (a child) are considered by you to be "an ejaculation with a name"? I feel so sorry, if that is the case. I happen to believe that a child is a gift from God. A precious thing that we, as responsible adults, are given for a short time to train and teach.
      -----+++DrugFree4Life+++-----

gymdiva is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 434
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

honey I will stand up in front of my momma and say it...why? b/c she feels the same way...govt, nor you, has the right to eliminate that choice from me...to me, conception is not life yet...the fetus does not even have a brain or a heartbeat...therefore it is still something that I can do something about should the circumstances warrant it...never have I advocated abortion for birth control nor will I ever...but I am never going to sit back and allow the choice for women in this country to be taken away...this is b/w a woman and her doctor (possibly the man depending on circumstance...obviously a rape or incest would not call for this)...go back and look at what was happening before ROE v WADE...let me know if women performing their own abortions, hack jobs being done in underground places, or women throwing themselves down stairs is ok with you...if that is all ok with you then please, feel free to use that as part of your argument for overturning that law...