• Join Us!
  • Gear for muscle Recovery
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Gear for muscle Recovery

TestRip7 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Gear for muscle Recovery

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Anyone have any studies or personal experience on whether or not gear has any posotive recovery effects on muscles after surgery?
      Say for instance getting an abdominal hernia repaired and after 2 months or so if running a cycle will beneifit the muscle that was worked on, maybe help it get stronger and heal better?

Disclaimer: Any information that TestRip7 shares is strictly for entertainment and role playing purposes only. TestRip7 is a fictional character and in no way condones the use of any illegal substances or activities otherwise.

BIGMOFO is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 31.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Gear for muscle Recovery

I know a guy that did hgh and it healed much faster!

ATTITUDES ARE CONTAGIOUS, MINE MIGHT KILL YOU!

"Goals are Dreams with Deadlines!"

Note: All of my advice and posts are merely for educational purposes I do not condone the use of steroids or any other illegal drugs. I am no doctor and my advice should be taken with a grain of salt, just like everyone else's hypothetical advice.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

HGH, is out of the question right now.

What about plain ole test, EQ. others..?

Disclaimer: Any information that TestRip7 shares is strictly for entertainment and role playing purposes only. TestRip7 is a fictional character and in no way condones the use of any illegal substances or activities otherwise.

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

well, I had surgery in 01 and 02 with a doctor, he was amazed said i was the fastest healer he'd seen in ages, couldn't believe it

6 meals a day
      water
      bcaa's
      vitamin c's ( lot's )
      b-6 caps
      multi-v

IMHO, the body needs to have what it needs right next to it's hand, ie, it's working over time repairing, it will get wore out trying to also work ot to process nutrients, thus, give it what it needs to do the job make it readily availeable, and the "Body Heals Thyself", lol, it knows what to do

good question

best guess if all of above was done first, and a low dose was used, and you didn't get crazy in the gym to re-injure, etc., it would be a positive, only seems to make common sense

yet, in reality there is no way a doc would ever reccomend it or reseach it etc.

oh my doc helped me get hgh, he could justify that cause his partner was into it, and this doc is progressive

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

found this, but could not find the source of it!

Anabolic steroids are made from hormones which occur naturally in the human body and are responsible for the development and function of the reproductive organs. Anabolic steroids promote the build up of muscle tissue and are used by some athletes and body builders. They're meant to be used to treat anaemia and muscle weakness after surgery. Not to be confused with other kinds of steroids, such as corticosteroids (that is a different drug often used to treat asthma, eczema and skin inflammations).

Note: All of my advice and posts are merely for educational purposes I do not condone the use of steroids or any other illegal drugs. I am no doctor and my advice should be taken with a grain of salt, just like everyone else's hypothetical advice.

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

oh btw, the doc was like, gh will not hurt your recovery and it might really really help it, so if you wanna do it, you got no down side, wink wink, I would

I brought the subject up and we had developed a good relationship in which the guy was honest and open about everything and anything medical, cause he knew I did my research, hell, I researched the damned operation for six weeks before i agreed to it

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Well, I dont' know about all of them but I do know that dbol is one of the few that actually has a high level af true hypertrophy, which means it actually increases tissue growth. Now, as most of you know, most aas will help with teh synthsis of protein which in turn, with hard training and good eating, will result in hypertophy. But, from what I've read on dbol, it is superior in laying down more actual tissue than other aas. Of course, I'm sure others do too, but dbol is the only one I know for sure.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Anabolic steroids (such as oxymetholone) were approved by the Food and Drug Administration in the 1960s for the treatment of weight loss due to extensive surgery, chronic infections, severe trauma, failure to gain or maintain normal weight (failure to thrive) without definite pathophysiologic reasons, or protein catabolism due to prolonged corticosteroid administration. More recently, anabolic steroids have been used to treat the wasting syndrome associated with HIV- and AIDS-related conditions.1

How does this apply to the management of chronic wounds? Consider elderly and debilitated patients. Among the intrinsic and extrinsic factors that place them at risk for pressure ulcers are malnutrition, loss of lean body mass, cachexia, and wasting. These factors also are associated with poor or prolonged healing of acute and chronic wounds. Clinical researchers have begun to explore the use of anabolic steroids in patients with wounds to treat manifestations associated with malnutrition, loss of lean body mass, and wasting syndromes, and this work has recently been the topic of pilot studies and presentations at national meetings.2

Research on Anabolic Steroids

Exploring the clinical utility of anabolic steroids for treatment of conditions related to chronic wounds is intriguing. Anabolic steroids have recently been used for the adjunct treatment of bums.3 Pressure ulcers have been compared with bum models in which the injury in both the acute and chronic phases increases metabolic demands, leading to a catabolic state.4 Anabolic steroid therapy combined with increased protein intake has been successful in promoting weight gain, reversing catabolism, and increasing the rate of wound closure. Animal models also are providing some evidence that anabolic steroid use may aid in the healing of experimentally derived muscle contusion and injury, as demonstrated by the speed of the recovery of force-generating capacity of skeletal muscle.5

Recently, a paper presented at a national conference discussed the use of oxandrolone (Oxandrin; Bio-Technology General Corporation, Iselin, NJ) in the treatment of chronic, recalcitrant pressure ulcers in patients with spinal cord injury. Future doubleblind, placebo-controlled trials are in order to further test the effects of treatment of pressure ulcers with anabolic steroids.

Although anabolic steroids have been around for over 30 years, they have been considered out of the mainstream of treatment options. Misuse by bodybuilders and athletes, as reported in the lay press, has given anabolic steroids a bad reputation, and practitioners who prescribed them were often suspect and on the fringes. Renewed interest in the legitimate use of anabolic steroids could rehabilitate that image and provide us with another option for managing our patients with chronic wounds.

References

1. Coodley GO, Loveless MO, Merrill TM. The HIV wasting syndrom: a review. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 1994;7:681-94.

2. Spungen AM. Rasul M, Koehler KM, Cytryn AS, Bauman WA. Effect of anabolic steroid therapy on healing of long-standing pressure ulcers: nine case reports in patients with spinal cord injury. Presented at the American Spinal Injury Assocation meeting, Atlanta, GA, April 1999.

3. Demling RH, DeSanti L. Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, significantly increases the rate of weight gain in the recover phase after major bums. J Trauma 1997;43:47-51.

4. Demling RH, DeSanti L. Involuntary weight loss and the nonhealing wound: the role of anabolic agents. Adv Wound Care 1999;12(Suppl 1): 1-14.

5. Beiner JM, Joki P, Cholewicki J, Panjabi MM. The effect of anabolic steroids and corticosteroids on healing of muscle contusion injury. Am J Sports Med 1999;27:2-9.

Richard "Sal" Salcido, MD, is the Editor-in-Chief of Advances in Wound Care. He is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Anadrol®-50 (oxymetholone) 50 mg tablets for anemia

Anadrol®-50 is used in the treatment of anemias caused by deficient red cell production. It belongs to a class of drugs called anabolic steroids, which are similar to the male hormone testosterone.
      https://www.anadrol.com/TreatmentAnemia.htm

Anadrol®-50 enhances the production and urinary excretion of erythropoietin (EPO, a chemical in your body that can increase the production of new red blood cells), in patients with anemias due to bone marrow failure, and it often stimulates red blood cell production in patients with anemias due to deficient red cell production.

Anadrol®-50 is the only oral anabolic steroid that has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of anemias caused by deficient red blood cell production.

Unlike some other anabolic steroids, which must be injected often, Anadrol®-50 is a tablet that is taken by mouth. Also, Anadrol®-50 works together with other treatments that your doctor may give you for anemia.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

https://healthlibrary.epnet.com/GetCo...chunkiid=26525

Anabolic steroids are used for several reasons:

to help patients gain weight after a severe illness, injury, or continuing infection. They also are used when patients fail to gain or maintain normal weight because of unexplained medical reasons.

to treat certain types of anemia.

to treat certain kinds of breast cancer in some women.

to treat hereditary angioedema, which causes swelling of the face, arms, legs, throat, windpipe, bowels, or sexual organs.

Anabolic steroids may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Some commonly used brand names are:
      In the U.S.—
      Anadrol-503
      Deca-Durabolin1
      Durabolin1
      Durabolin-501
      Hybolin Decanoate1
      Hybolin-Improved1
      Kabolin1
      Oxandrin2
      Winstrol4

In Canada—
      Anapolon 503
      Deca-Durabolin1

( For quick reference, the following anabolic steroids are numbered to match the corresponding brand names. )

This information applies to the following medicines:
      1. Nandrolone (NAN-droe-lone)‡
      2. Oxandrolone (ox-AN-droe-lone)†
      3. Oxymetholone (ox-i-METH-oh-lone )
      4. Stanozolol (stan-OH-zoe-lole)†

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I need to meet your doc. trip thanks for the info

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Thanks for those articles MOFO, very informative.

As a secondary side effect of the anadrol I wonder however, if the increase in RBC production will facilitate new tissue growth or even help out with stimulation of the existing tissue growth.?