• Join Us!
  • Using Slin and GH Together?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Using Slin and GH Together?

Farrar is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 136
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Using Slin and GH Together?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I was viewing another board and they {Moderator in a sticky} was very adomant about the fact that ALL slin should be done SubQ rather than IM. I'll take Fuzo's advice in the "Putting it All Together..." sticky about doing the Slin IM but have a few more questions.

Some say don't do your slin injection at the same time as your GH injection since they work against each other? Is it OK to do both the slin and GH at the same time of the day?

I bought a glucometer and determined that my fasting baseline was 90. What should the average levels be 10 minutes after the Slin injection? 30 minutes after the dextrose drink? 60 minutes after the injection before eating the PWO meal? I was just curious as to some figures I could compare my readings to in order to see if I'm in line. My reading was 114 60 minutes after the injection and 50 minutes after the dextrose\protein.

Thanks,

Farrar
      "Some animals eat grass while other animals eat THE ANIMALS that eat grass."

RedBaron is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 147
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Using Slin and GH Together?

It is alright to do your insulin and HGH at the same time of the day ... it just depends somewhat on what you are trying to accomplish.

HGH and insulin work very well together in most respects. They shuttle nutrients to your muscles and tissues in a very complimentary manner. The presence of both HGH and insulin in the liver equates to a large IGF-1 secretion. Really the only issue with HGH and insulin acting at exactly the same time is with respect to HGH's action of mobilizing fat. HGH moblizes fat ... insulin is our storage hormone and instructs the body to store and not mobilize.

The ideal scenario (and the one I have used for some time now) is to take my second HGH injection just before my workout. Then immediately after my workout I take my insulin. That way I am able to retain the fat mobilizing properties of my HGH while still taking advantage of having both present at roughly the same time.

As far as your BG readings, what you are trying to establish is how many carbs you need with your desired insulin dose and to make sure you aren't dropping below 70 ... and with the presence of HGH in the cycle you will also want to make sure that your BG level isn't creeping and staying too high. HGH will interfere with the liver's ability to uptake glucose out of your bloodstream ... the result in many users is a significant rise in BG levels. Not to say you will have any problem at all with this, but just something to keep an occasional monitor on.

Farrar is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 136
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Thanks RedBaron....

I do carry my glucometer with me to work and have it at home as well. I've got to where I pull it out and take a reading from time to time so I'll keep an eye on my levels.

I beleive I do will do one of my injections prior to my w/o {7:00 a.m.} and the 2nd one at 9:00 p.m. I work the graveyard and head out to work at 9:00 p.m. I usually train from 7:30 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. and sleep from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.

Thanks!

Farrar
      "Some animals eat grass while other animals eat THE ANIMALS that eat grass."

SMILEY FACE is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar
      I was viewing another board and they {Moderator in a sticky} was very adomant about the fact that ALL slin should be done SubQ rather than IM. I'll take Fuzo's advice in the "Putting it All Together..." sticky about doing the Slin IM but have a few more questions.

Some say don't do your slin injection at the same time as your GH injection since they work against each other? Is it OK to do both the slin and GH at the same time of the day?

I bought a glucometer and determined that my fasting baseline was 90. What should the average levels be 10 minutes after the Slin injection? 30 minutes after the dextrose drink? 60 minutes after the injection before eating the PWO meal? I was just curious as to some figures I could compare my readings to in order to see if I'm in line. My reading was 114 60 minutes after the injection and 50 minutes after the dextrose\protein.

Thanks,

Farrar
      As a matter of fact, gh and slin work like a miracle..and yes u can take em same time morning and after gym.....
      it depends if u are taking humalin R which is the long acting in and out about 6-7 hours or humlog which is the short acting in and out about 4 hours...
      humalin takes 45 msn to hit ur system
      humalog takes 15 msn to hit ur system

every 1 ius of slin u need 10 grams of carbs and 10 grams of sugar.
      so if u were gonna take 10 ius: u need 100 grams of sugar and 100 grams of carbs

good luck

Sven is offline Chryslyns Daddy
      Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 348
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
      It is alright to do your insulin and HGH at the same time of the day ... it just depends somewhat on what you are trying to accomplish.

HGH and insulin work very well together in most respects. They shuttle nutrients to your muscles and tissues in a very complimentary manner. The presence of both HGH and insulin in the liver equates to a large IGF-1 secretion. Really the only issue with HGH and insulin acting at exactly the same time is with respect to HGH's action of mobilizing fat. HGH moblizes fat ... insulin is our storage hormone and instructs the body to store and not mobilize.

The ideal scenario (and the one I have used for some time now) is to take my second HGH injection just before my workout. Then immediately after my workout I take my insulin. That way I am able to retain the fat mobilizing properties of my HGH while still taking advantage of having both present at roughly the same time.

As far as your BG readings, what you are trying to establish is how many carbs you need with your desired insulin dose and to make sure you aren't dropping below 70 ... and with the presence of HGH in the cycle you will also want to make sure that your BG level isn't creeping and staying too high. HGH will interfere with the liver's ability to uptake glucose out of your bloodstream ... the result in many users is a significant rise in BG levels. Not to say you will have any problem at all with this, but just something to keep an occasional monitor on.

Aaaaannnnnnddddd...........PRINT

a-bomb83 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

ok RB, as fast as you can write down everything you know about gh, igf, and slin....ok...on your mark...get ready....and GO!!!!

lol, i will say thateverytime RB posts something in regards to the aforementioned 3 drugs, i'm all ears. those are probably the 3 most intriuging hormones in bodybuilding and to hear him type this shit out off the top of his head is pure genious. i respect the hell out of you and your knowledge brother