• Join Us!
  • I need help losing 40lbs
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help losing 40lbs

Bayou12
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default I need help losing 40lbs

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Hello all, I am in search for some tips on dropping 40lbs. I am currently 235- 240lbs depending on what I ate the night before. I am a professional athlete, I need to be leaner and faster,(I am a wide receiver) I really want to weigh 210 I have until the middle of January to do it. If you want to see pictures of me let me know.
      I also want to gain more power in my hams, calves and quads. I want stronger chest and bigger arms. Can I do this with out gaining weight. My skin is thick. I have good phsique, but my skin is not as thin as I want it.
      My body fat is about 14 to16%

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: I need help losing 40lbs

I would do low impact cardio for 35 minutes ed at least 5 days ew. You can also implement an ECA stack as well. I have been using a product by MetRX called AMPTED. It is like NO-Xplode, but i think it works better for energy and good pumps at the gym. Try to keep your MHR (Maxium Heart Rate) up for at least 20 minutes of the cardio scessions. If you eat about 300gm of protein and good clean whole food, and try to eliminate your sat and trans fats, but keep cals at about 3500-4000, but with lean foods you can still gain muscle size, but loose bf. Oh, don't forget, train heavy and to your max and get proper sleep. Good luck!
      Last edited by mick-G; 11-20-2005 at 07:33 PM.

Bayou12
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I like this. he only thing hard for me is, I go to the gym, and I see the same people, with the same bodies. They have been doing cardio, every mon-wed-friday for the last two years, and they look to the same. That is why I have a hard time doin cardio. I know everyone is different. But I see so many different people that don't look any different from 2 years ago.
      I am scared to take in 300 calories. I feel like I will gain weight.
      I need some reassuarance that this willl work efficiently. I run a lot also. Sprinting

Bayou12
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

There were a lot of grammer mistakes in the last post, sorry, I have a cast on my hand

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

300gms of protein, lol. If you eat clean you can still loose weight and gain muscle off 3500 cals. I know what you are talking though as i see those types in my gym as well. Prob with many is that they are not dedicated, or they will do 45minutes ed for 5 days ew and eat like pizza, hamburgers, fries, etc all wk and i have also seen ppl do the cardio no weight training and then the fatty food. So i guess what iam saying it that if you are not dedicated in your diet, and training, sleep or not lifting correctly, then you can do everything you want and your body will not change. There is no quick fix to getting the body you want. You must have all things in check. diet, training, sleep etc.
      Last edited by mick-G; 11-20-2005 at 08:19 PM.

Bayou12
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I was trying to say, taking in 3000 calories is scary. But I understand what you are saying. I have to have all three categories in check. I have heard this before. I lose weight pretty fast when I diet. I get muscle gains when I train hard. These things come easily for me.
      I am trying to look for a secret to gettin lean because I like to eat fries, burgers, pies, and such. When I am dieting clean. I eat; B- oatmeal/protein Snack1- chicken/and romaine L- chicken or fish/ sweet potato(plain) Snack2 chicken/romaine Dinner chicken/ romaine.
      But I have only gone two days at the most on this. I always stray and eat cookies granola bars and all that. I feel so hungry at the end of the day. And i figure since I have done good all day, a little snack won't hurt.

latimer99 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 370
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

cutting is very hard, you have to be equally focused on diet and cardio. if you slack on one then the other cant do its job. make sure you stay disiplined(which 95% of people cant do) and you will easily drop the weight. dont keep any junk food in the house, or else it will get eaten, and always have clean food readily available(cooked).

late-
      currently cutting:
      wt: 210lbs
      ht: 5'11"
      bf%: 11%

current cycle:
      Off

GU... RIP fallen brother...

Bayou12
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I was looking at my highschool pictures from football. I weighed about 190- 200 lbs back then. I was just skin and bones. Now I am around 240. Do you think it will possible to get back to to 200. I need to send you all some pictures.

Skarhead is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 576
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

you need iron addict... ironaddict@ironaddicts.com .. hes truely one of the bes trainers out there... tell him skarhead sent ya... hes affordable and will get you losing fat and building muscle in no time

jamescb77 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

iron addict is great but this is something you could proabbly do on your own. You just need to train hard eat good and cardio something i do when i am cutting is i drink lots and lots of water that way i don't feel so hungry. i tihnk 3500 cals might be a bit much maybe more like 2500 with 300 grams of protein

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

2500 cals would put him wel under 200 most likely

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skarhead
      2500 cals would put him wel under 200 most likely

and i disagree jamsey hes all over the plae w/ his diet, training, and genetic potential... something I dont think he's going to get here unless someone is experieced as IA is and wants to go in depth w/ this guy like a trainer would. he needs someone that will disect his diet + training and put him on the right track

jamescb77 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

well i do agree that his everything is everywhere and IA would help him a ton. on the diet though when i cut i consume almost all protein little carbs and low to medium fats and it works great for me

Bayou12
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Thanks for you input guys. I don't think I need a personal trainer, because I have been doing this long enough. But I know I need a dedicated workout partner. There are only a few real professional athletes where I am. I am looking for a shortcut, because I love to freaking eat. Not junk food, but food period. I hate cardio. I can sprint all day long but cardio grrrr. For example, there is a trainer that has been working with this woman for a long time. about 4 years to be exact. Her body has not changed one bit. And he is busting her ass all the time. So I am like, why am I going to waste my time with it if it is not going to work. But then again that may be the missing link. So I am going to hit it hard starting this week. I am 3 months behind schedule though. I was supposed to be 220 right now. That was my goal anyway. I am still around 235, 240 depending on what I ate the day before.
      I want to report to camp at 210, and we start Jan 1st. So how much do you think I can lose in 30 days?
      The program I had mapped out had me losing about 4 lbs a week. I have a program called crosstrainer 5.0 It organizes everything for me. The weight loss, calories burned etc... if you never heard of crosstrainer, you should check it out, google it- crosstrainer 5.0, and try it out for free. You can use it for thirty days I think it is pretty cold blooded.
      I am going to ask this question and I am going to post it again for others to see. If I weighed 240 on monday, and I ate clean for seven days. I would lose almost ten lbs. Why does the weight go off so fast? That is my down fall. I say to myself, ok If I lost 10 in a week I can go ahead and binge for a few days. Then the weight comes right back.
      We went to Cancun last year right before camp and I couldn't really stay on my diet because we had one of those all enclusive deals. Anyway, I reported to camp at 235. Check this out, I am a wide receiver, but all the new people that came to the team thought I was a fullback. That is funny but, not really funny. And I am not fat I am just a big body, big frame. I have small hips, my waist is like a 32 or something, but I have to where size 38 pants. (big legs and butt) I started dieting really hard for about 3 weeks. I got down to about 224. I felt strong, fast, and explosive. I got so light then I week back to eating like a greedy monster. During the dieting time it was all protien shakes (Isopure) chicken, oatmeal, fiber one, those where the only carbs I ate. Fiber one and oatmeal.
      I am going to leave it that for now I will write more later. Sorry if there where any typos..... I am trying to get the look that Dareem Charles has. I don't know if you all seen the Muscle and Fitness issue with him on the cover. That is the look I want.
      Attached Images Attached Images

angryoldman is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Forget Atkins, South Beach, and every other bogus diet out there. I went on the "Columbian Diet". I lost 40 lbs in one month. Snort one 8 ball a week, and you're good to go.
      NO! Just phuquing around. I don't endorse any recreational drug use. Nor do I use cocaine. I just like the way it smells.
      “I don't look ahead... I keep focused on my next opponent. I am looking forward to my next opponent, I don't think past that point.”
      --Manny Pacquiao

Big Mike's speach to Congress telling them to phuque off on the steroid ban:

https://www.moviewavs.com/0049230534/...y/statemnt.mp3

Fitnessgeared's resident Smart ass