I saw my doc the other day, and even though he's a shitty doc I still at least listen to what he has to say. Anyway, 6+ months after my abdominal tear I feel like I am 99% healed. My doc referred me to a rehab facility to do some physical therapy, to strengthen the area and ward against reinjury. I rolled my eyes at the words physical therapy because I like to think I know what I am doing with my body . . . but he suggested that they might show me some exerceses that I didn't know - which would be better at strengthening my core than whatever I might do alone. So now I am curious.

I doubt I'll go all the way to this rehab center (I live like an hour away), but I am researching the best way to initiate this rehab. I am pretty much starting over (or at least it feels like it). I now have a small gut where I used to see abs, I am afraid of seeing how little I can still lift - It was all I could do to get through 30 min of cardio on my elliptical last night. But I want to do this the right way. I want to start by cutting and strengthening my core before I move on to heavy lifting. Anyone have thoughts on this - maybe experience in PT or personal experience?

Right now I am planning on doing all variations of crunches using an adjustable bench, roman chair, and cables - followed by 30 min of cardio on the treadmill, elliptical, or bike. I'll also throw in some back extensions. I'll start off with 3x week, changing it up each day with different movements and equipment. After a week or so I'll begin adding a little resistance, and eventually get back into a 3/4 day split, working my way back up in weight. What do you guys think? Any thoughts?