• Join Us!
  • Back problem
  • Back problem
  • Back problem
  • Back problem
  • Back problem
  • Back problem
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Back problem

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      Overall activity: 0%
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Back problem

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Back problem
      • Back problem

• Back problem
      • Back problem
      • Back problem
      • Back problem
      • Back problem
      • Back problem
      11 yrs ago I had back surgery after rupturing a disk in my lower back which pinched my sciatic nerve. This was caused from weight lifting with some improper form. Ever since I have been extremely cautious on my lifts but it appears my disc was gradually getting weak again and now I have the same problem most likely but not quite as extreme. I have been seeing a chiropractor for 2 wks now and can walk a little better but still have the sciatic nerve pain which is pretty damn bad. Friday I get an MRI and then have to see a nero-surgeon to find out what needs to be done. My personal feeling is that I will have to go back under the knife soon which is just going to suck. I just wanted everyone to know what's up and I'll keep you all posted on how things are going.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

geesler is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 422
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Back problem

Ouch JS- that sucks! Keep us posted on what the doc says. How did you first injure yourself exactly 11 years ago?

OldWiseGuy is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 123
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Hang in there JsJs24. Hope your MRI goes well and if surgery is needed I wish you a speedy recovery. Back pain sucks like nothing else. I'm giving you some rep points to make you feel better.
      I love women. That's why I'm married and my steady girlfriend lives with me. I've quit my players ways. Love is the most powerful force in the Universe. Use the power by clicking on the Rep icon.

mtnmedic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      is Being patient

I am:
      Cool

Level

I feel your pain bra, I sprained my back a coupla times doing squats. Finally I went and had an MRI and come to find out I'm missing an L-7 disk ! This is serious bra, get it taken care of while your still young, ya dont want Subluxation to set in !! Best of luck to ya.
      Leaders did what others weren't willing to do, now they enjoy the things that others do not.

Alpen Gruppe 99
      Our passion never dies !
      ) O (

Iron_Gook is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'm recovering from a back injury myself. Phucked it all up after doing some deadlifts... couldn't put my pride aside and had to lift more than I should... now I'm paying for it. Hope you feel better bro...

IG

gimp is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 43
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

that sucks, i hurt my back a couple years ago doing bent over rows. damn back still hurts off an on

TRAM is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 715
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

JSJS24, I WOULD ASSUME DURING YOUR FIRST SURGERY YOU HAD YOUR DISC PARTIALLY TRIMMED THE AREA THAT WAS RUPTURED INTO YOU SCIATIC, WELL I HAD MINE DONE LAST OCTOBER BEFORE THAT IT WAS RUPTURED FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND THAT WAS A YEAR OF HELL SOMEDAYS I COULDN'T WALK 1 STEP THE PAIN WAS SO BAD. I WAS IN TRACTION AT THEREPY FOR MONTHS TRYING TO FIX IT, I PERSONALLY AM AGAINST CHIROPACTICE JUST BECASUE IT IS ONLY A TEMP FIX. THEREPY WILL EIGTHER CORRECT IT OR NOT THAT WILL TELL YOU IF YOU NEED SURGERY, I HAD THE SURGERY AND EVERYTHING WENT GREAT EVEN THROUGH THE NEXT 3 MONTHS OUT OF KNOWWHERE IT RUPTURED AGAIN I HEATED IT AND HEATED IT CONSTANTLY AND TOOK IT EASY FOR A WEEK AND THE DISC WOULD SLIDE BACK IN SINCE THEN IT HAS RUPTURED 3 MORE TIMES BUT I'M ABLE TO GET IT TO GO BACK MOST LIKELY BECAUSE THERE ONLY A PARTIAL DISC, MY BACK IS IN DISCOMFORT ALWAYS BUT NO SCIATIC PAIN THAT IS THE ONLY REASON I HAVEN'T WENT BACK TO MY NEURO-SURGEN, YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS W/ SCIATIC PAIN EXSPECIALLY SINCE YOU ALREADY HAD SOME OF YOU DISC REMOVED YOU HAVE LESS SUPPORT IN THERE AND IT WILL RUPTURE ALOT EASIER THAN BEFORE AND WHEN IT DOES IT WILL POTENTIONALLY CAUSE MORE DAMAGE, CONSTANT PRESSURE ON YOU NERVE IS DAMAGING FEELING DOWN YOUR LEG AND CAN CAUSE PERMANANT NERVE DAMAGE WHICH I'M SURE YOU DOC TOLD YOU. I HAVE DONE ALOT OF STUFF I SHOULDN'T HAVE SINCE SURGERY BUT THATS SOMETHING I HAVE TO DEAL W/, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF IF THE PAIN WILL NOT LET UP BRO, THATS A SIGN YOUR BODYIES TELLING YOU. GOOD LUCK KEEP US POSTED AND DROP ME A LINE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
      "WHERE THE MIND GOES, THE BODY WILL FOLLOW."

"I THINK I CAN TAKE YOU"," YA, KEEP LOOKING"

"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Good luck with everything.

Equalizer
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

That sucks bro, I hope everything works out for you. Back problems can really take a toll on a person.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by mtnmedic
      I feel your pain bra, I sprained my back a coupla times doing squats. Finally I went and had an MRI and come to find out I'm missing an L-7 disk ! This is serious bra, get it taken care of while your still young, ya dont want Subluxation to set in !! Best of luck to ya.
      11 yrs ago I had to have 20% of my disc in the L-2, L-3 due to it rupturing and bulging which caused it to pinch my ciatic nerve. I have had some level of back pain for ever since too. I guess I'm still young at 29 but I am convinced that I will have back pain for the rest of my life. My doc told me 11 yrs ago that if I hurt it again in that area the discs would have to be fused together.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by TRAM
      JSJS24, I WOULD ASSUME DURING YOUR FIRST SURGERY YOU HAD YOUR DISC PARTIALLY TRIMMED THE AREA THAT WAS RUPTURED INTO YOU SCIATIC, WELL I HAD MINE DONE LAST OCTOBER BEFORE THAT IT WAS RUPTURED FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND THAT WAS A YEAR OF HELL SOMEDAYS I COULDN'T WALK 1 STEP THE PAIN WAS SO BAD. I WAS IN TRACTION AT THEREPY FOR MONTHS TRYING TO FIX IT, I PERSONALLY AM AGAINST CHIROPACTICE JUST BECASUE IT IS ONLY A TEMP FIX. THEREPY WILL EIGTHER CORRECT IT OR NOT THAT WILL TELL YOU IF YOU NEED SURGERY, I HAD THE SURGERY AND EVERYTHING WENT GREAT EVEN THROUGH THE NEXT 3 MONTHS OUT OF KNOWWHERE IT RUPTURED AGAIN I HEATED IT AND HEATED IT CONSTANTLY AND TOOK IT EASY FOR A WEEK AND THE DISC WOULD SLIDE BACK IN SINCE THEN IT HAS RUPTURED 3 MORE TIMES BUT I'M ABLE TO GET IT TO GO BACK MOST LIKELY BECAUSE THERE ONLY A PARTIAL DISC, MY BACK IS IN DISCOMFORT ALWAYS BUT NO SCIATIC PAIN THAT IS THE ONLY REASON I HAVEN'T WENT BACK TO MY NEURO-SURGEN, YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS W/ SCIATIC PAIN EXSPECIALLY SINCE YOU ALREADY HAD SOME OF YOU DISC REMOVED YOU HAVE LESS SUPPORT IN THERE AND IT WILL RUPTURE ALOT EASIER THAN BEFORE AND WHEN IT DOES IT WILL POTENTIONALLY CAUSE MORE DAMAGE, CONSTANT PRESSURE ON YOU NERVE IS DAMAGING FEELING DOWN YOUR LEG AND CAN CAUSE PERMANANT NERVE DAMAGE WHICH I'M SURE YOU DOC TOLD YOU. I HAVE DONE ALOT OF STUFF I SHOULDN'T HAVE SINCE SURGERY BUT THATS SOMETHING I HAVE TO DEAL W/, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF IF THE PAIN WILL NOT LET UP BRO, THATS A SIGN YOUR BODYIES TELLING YOU. GOOD LUCK KEEP US POSTED AND DROP ME A LINE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
      Thanks bro but did yo not see what I said? I do have the sciatic nerve pain again. I'm waiting on the MRI to be sent to my surgeon but I'm almost positive it will be ruptured or bulging again on my sciatic nerve. I have the same pain going down my leg again and my doc already diagnosed me with sciatica again. I am not new to this at all bro either. Chiropractors can help sometimes but not if it is ruptured too bad I guess. My last neuro-surgeon that did my surgery is top 10 in the country and is one on the list for the President. He told me that he believes in Chiros and sometimes recommends them to his patients before doing surgery but my case was too extreme last time. This time the pain is about half of that time but still pretty shitty. I will find out more next week and am not shy to go under the knife again. Anyone who has exp. sciatic pain knows it is terrible.

Slightly Enhanced is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Js, will your new job take care of you while you are out if you have surgery
      R.I.P. GearedUp

Lord, make me strong, and let the weak find comfort in my strength.

TRAM is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 715
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

JSJS APPARENTLY WE ARE NOT ON THE SAME PAGE, I GUESS I STRUCK A NERVE W/ YOU NO PUN INTENDED, I CAN READ AND OBVIOUSLY READ YOU HAVE SCIATIC PAIN AND ARE WAITING ON MRI RESULTS, IT'S CLEAR YOUR DISCS ARE BULGING OTHER WISE YOU WOULD NOT HAVE SCIATIC PAIN UNLESS YOU RECIEVED NERVE DAMAGE FROM YOUR PREVIOUS PROBLEM, AND I IN NO MEANS WAS TRYING TO TELL YOU HOW IT IS YOU ARE CLEARY NOT NEW TO THIS AS I READ YOU WENT THROUGH IT BEFORE, I'M GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A GOOD DOC. DO YOUR SURGERY HE MUST REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH FOR REFERING YOU TO A CHIROPRACTOR BECAUSE THAT IS COMPETITION FOR HIS BUSINESS AND 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FORMS OF PRACTICE. I MY SELF WAS AT THE CLEVELAND CLINIC HANDS DOWN THE BEST BACK PRACTICE IN THE COUNTRY AND THAT CANNOT BE ARGUED EVEN BY YOUR DOCTOR I SIMPLY MENTIONED PHYSICAL THEREPY BECAUSE IT WILL HELP A VERY LARGE NUMBER OF FIRST TIMERS WHICH YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT BUT IT CAN ASO BE USED TO PUT OFF SURGERY AND RELIEVE A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF PAIN AND PRESSURE SO YOU CAN LIVE AT LEAST 1/2 WAY NORMAL LIFE AND TAKE LARGER STEPS THAN 6" AT A TIME WHEN THE PRESSURE IS REALLY BAD. I HAVE HAD NUMEROUS SURGERIES AND THE BACK IS BY FAR THE LEAST PAINFUL RECOVERY SO I WOULDN'T IMAGINE YOU WOULD BE SCARED, I WAS PRACTICALLY BEGGING FOR THE SURGERY THE FIRST TIME AND WHEN I NEED TO HAVE IT AGAIN I WILL WELCOME IT W/ OPEN ARMS. I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL, GOOD LUCK.
      "WHERE THE MIND GOES, THE BODY WILL FOLLOW."

"I THINK I CAN TAKE YOU"," YA, KEEP LOOKING"

"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly Enhanced
      Js, will your new job take care of you while you are out if you have surgery
      Yes it's cool.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Back problem
      • Back problem

• Back problem
      • Back problem
      • Back problem
      • Back problem
      • Back problem
      • Back problem
      Quote Originally Posted by TRAM
      JSJS APPARENTLY WE ARE NOT ON THE SAME PAGE, I GUESS I STRUCK A NERVE W/ YOU NO PUN INTENDED, I CAN READ AND OBVIOUSLY READ YOU HAVE SCIATIC PAIN AND ARE WAITING ON MRI RESULTS, IT'S CLEAR YOUR DISCS ARE BULGING OTHER WISE YOU WOULD NOT HAVE SCIATIC PAIN UNLESS YOU RECIEVED NERVE DAMAGE FROM YOUR PREVIOUS PROBLEM, AND I IN NO MEANS WAS TRYING TO TELL YOU HOW IT IS YOU ARE CLEARY NOT NEW TO THIS AS I READ YOU WENT THROUGH IT BEFORE, I'M GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A GOOD DOC. DO YOUR SURGERY HE MUST REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH FOR REFERING YOU TO A CHIROPRACTOR BECAUSE THAT IS COMPETITION FOR HIS BUSINESS AND 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FORMS OF PRACTICE. I MY SELF WAS AT THE CLEVELAND CLINIC HANDS DOWN THE BEST BACK PRACTICE IN THE COUNTRY AND THAT CANNOT BE ARGUED EVEN BY YOUR DOCTOR I SIMPLY MENTIONED PHYSICAL THEREPY BECAUSE IT WILL HELP A VERY LARGE NUMBER OF FIRST TIMERS WHICH YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT BUT IT CAN ASO BE USED TO PUT OFF SURGERY AND RELIEVE A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF PAIN AND PRESSURE SO YOU CAN LIVE AT LEAST 1/2 WAY NORMAL LIFE AND TAKE LARGER STEPS THAN 6" AT A TIME WHEN THE PRESSURE IS REALLY BAD. I HAVE HAD NUMEROUS SURGERIES AND THE BACK IS BY FAR THE LEAST PAINFUL RECOVERY SO I WOULDN'T IMAGINE YOU WOULD BE SCARED, I WAS PRACTICALLY BEGGING FOR THE SURGERY THE FIRST TIME AND WHEN I NEED TO HAVE IT AGAIN I WILL WELCOME IT W/ OPEN ARMS. I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL, GOOD LUCK.
      Sorry Tram if you thought I was mad bro but I wasn't. It is hard to express yourself sometimes through typing...lol. We're on the same track now though. Yea I too welcome surgery with open arms and will be scheduling it ASAP if that's what the doc wants.