• Join Us!
  • I'm sick of the rollercoaster weight gain!!!
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I'm sick of the rollercoaster weight gain!!!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default I'm sick of the rollercoaster weight gain!!!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I'm really getting pissed off. I gain weight, I lose weight, I gain weight, I lose weight. This freaking sucks! I had a steady gain going for almost 6 months then the rollercoaster began! I've got a very fast metabolism so I don't gain easily.

Plus I started my cycle of creatine last month but got injured a few days in so I stopped. I'm going to start again so should I take it every day including my rest days, or just on days that I'm working out?

I was at 198lbs about 2 months ago now I'm at 184lbs! My goal is to get 210lbs. I know it's not impossible because I gained almost 30lbs in a year. But I had a very hard time breaking the 200lb mark.

What does everyone elses meal plan's look like including amounts?
      Also how much protien does everyone eat a day?

Any advice on anything to get bigger (without roids) would be great?

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: I'm sick of the rollercoaster weight gain!!!

C'mon beotches give me your 2 cents!!!

Skarhead is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 576
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Ok... Well Im working w/ Iron addict w/ similar goals (i think) to you. I can't give out too much but

1) numero uno is MASS quanities of protein... 450-500+ and im a 200 lb trainee (a little under)

2) Lift HEAVY HEAVY weights... What is helping me break my plateau is getting my big 3 lifts bigger...

3) it's harder and harder to gain weight. it gets slower and slower so dont expect the same 30 lb growth spurt.... ever

im training natural btw... i hope some of this helped. I was sick of the roller coaster weight gain too. IMO to get consistant steady gains w/ gear you have to stay on for awhile, cruise, and not come off that much, thats not what I reall wanted to do. So, Im going natural, and doing whatever, IA tells me.
      Last edited by Skarhead; 08-21-2005 at 10:10 PM.

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

When gaining mass I thinkg eating high cals is numero uno. Back before I ever touched anything I gained my ass off by eating. You need to eat upwards of 4,000 cals a day. That will put some pounds on you for sure. Now, yes, you will gain fat but it's a fact of life. Do it this winter when no one can tell. Start in October and stay with it until March. If you really have a fast metabolism you should be able to cut the excess fat off quickly.

Lift heavy and use compounds as your core exercises but mix it up. Different reps, different orders, different everything. Make your body go crazy trying to figure out what the hell you are doing.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

Stout1 is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 62
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Skarhead
      Ok... Well Im working w/ Iron addict w/ similar goals (i think) to you. I can't give out too much but

1) numero uno is MASS quanities of protein... 450-500+ and im a 200 lb trainee (a little under)

2) Lift HEAVY HEAVY weights... What is helping me break my plateau is getting my big 3 lifts bigger...

3) it's harder and harder to gain weight. it gets slower and slower so dont expect the same 30 lb growth spurt.... ever

im training natural btw... i hope some of this helped. I was sick of the roller coaster weight gain too. IMO to get consistant steady gains w/ gear you have to stay on for awhile, cruise, and not come off that much, thats not what I reall wanted to do. So, Im going natural, and doing whatever, IA tells me.
      yeah I definetely want to stay natural too! They say that gear is hard on your liver, and I think my liver is in bad condition so it wouldn't be an option for me anyway, Plus I'm not peaked naturally yet. I obviously have been eating way too little in terms of protien. I've only been consuming maybe 160g for the day. So yeah I'm only off by 300 g!

I plan on signing up with IA eventually, I'm just having a rough time right now with getting my business going again so money is VERY tight. I can't even get a dollar menu item at this moment without breaking the bank. So once my business kicks back in, and my new ads go out hopefully it all turns around again then I can sign up with IA.

BTW how much does IA charge out of curiosity?

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007
      When gaining mass I thinkg eating high cals is numero uno. Back before I ever touched anything I gained my ass off by eating. You need to eat upwards of 4,000 cals a day. That will put some pounds on you for sure. Now, yes, you will gain fat but it's a fact of life. Do it this winter when no one can tell. Start in October and stay with it until March. If you really have a fast metabolism you should be able to cut the excess fat off quickly.

Lift heavy and use compounds as your core exercises but mix it up. Different reps, different orders, different everything. Make your body go crazy trying to figure out what the hell you are doing.
      I definetely need more calories but I'm afraid to eat too much. Wouldn't that cause an excess amount of cholesterol? When I was 14lbs heavier than I am now I had a little bit of a gut, but I wasn't concentrating on my abs that much. Now that I don't have a gut I'm going to concentrate on my abs alot so hopefully I won't gain much fat this time.

When you say to lift heavy I usually do but I find my reps are very odd. When I go heavy I make sure the most I can do is 8. The sets usually go with this (all till failure) 8, 6, 4, 3. Does that sound right? Or when I get below 6 should I be taking off a little weight and pumping out an extra set?

Also stupid question, what do you mean by compound sets? Is that doing one after the other with no rest in between?

I usually rest for 90 seconds between each set and 3-5 minutes between each workout. I find that when I do any less between sets I get fatigued way to quick and can do literally half the weight. If you see anything wrong with what I'm doing please post up. Thanks guys.

Skarhead is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 576
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

IMO.. overloading the cals is just gonna make you fat. Start with 250 carbs , 75 grams of fat and 2g protein per lb and adjust your diet from there...

as far as your training... I think DC or west side bb are probably the two very best protocols for mass + strength .. I think wsb is a little bit better (ive done both).. but powerbuildling is definately the way to go nowadays.

the idea behidn it is.. eat like a fuckign RHINO (mass protein) ,, use HEAVY weights (powerbuilding) and force your body to get into a huge monster.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Skarhead
      as far as your training... I think DC or west side bb are probably the two very best protocols for mass + strength .. I think wsb is a little bit better (ive done both).. but powerbuildling is definately the way to go nowadays.
      what is DC, west side bb, or wsb??

geesler is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 422
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I like the russian lifting thought process. seems like it might be successful.

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER
      When you say to lift heavy I usually do but I find my reps are very odd. When I go heavy I make sure the most I can do is 8. The sets usually go with this (all till failure) 8, 6, 4, 3. Does that sound right? Or when I get below 6 should I be taking off a little weight and pumping out an extra set?

Also stupid question, what do you mean by compound sets? Is that doing one after the other with no rest in between?

I usually rest for 90 seconds between each set and 3-5 minutes between each workout. I find that when I do any less between sets I get fatigued way to quick and can do literally half the weight. If you see anything wrong with what I'm doing please post up. Thanks guys.
      I don't like pyramid sets personally. I prefer periodization. I'll go in and do sets of say 4 on everything for 4 weeks, then I do sets of 8 for 4 weeks, then sets of 5, etc.. I use different reps schemes every time. I'll do 3's, 7's, 11's, 6's, whatever. I just make sure that I don't go from 7's to 6's. I always move atleast 3 reps in one direction or the other. This has worked really well for me.

Compounds are movements that require multi-joint movement. Like bench press instead of chest flies. Squats instead of leg extensions. My favorite compounds are:
      BB Squats (front and rear)
      Leg Press
      Stiff Leg Deads
      Deads
      Bent Over Row (prone and sup grip)
      Seated Rows (prone and neutral grip)
      T-Bar Rows
      BB Military Press
      BB Incline
      DB Bench (I just get better results from DB's than I do BB's on this)
      Dips
      Two Hand Overhead Press
      Reverse BB Curl
      BB Curl

You get the picture. For the most part I have found that any exercise that allows you to use two hands over one will allow you to use more weight. This will in turn call on more motor units. That's what you want to do. Maximize your muscle stimulation. Don't waste time with those isoaltion exercises as your core exercises. Do they serve a purpose? Absolutely. Can you look like Ronnie doing only isolation? Not even close. The best way to use isolation, or single joint movements, is in super sets. For example:

Leg Extensions w/ Squats
      Leg Curls w/ Stiff Legs
      Chest Flies w/ Bench Press
      Scoop Rows w/ Pull Ups
      Alternate DB Curl w/ BB Curl

Other than that I don't use isolation much. Now, of course, there are exceptions. The bicep is one of two elbow flexors. So, you have to use a single joint movement to hit biceps if you want more than what you get on back day. Triceps, Delts and Calves will also require that you do single joint movements. However, choosing an exercise that requires you use both calves at once will allow you to use way more weight than the sum of a single calf exercise.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007
      I don't like pyramid sets personally. I prefer periodization. I'll go in and do sets of say 4 on everything for 4 weeks, then I do sets of 8 for 4 weeks, then sets of 5, etc.. I use different reps schemes every time. I'll do 3's, 7's, 11's, 6's, whatever. I just make sure that I don't go from 7's to 6's. I always move atleast 3 reps in one direction or the other. This has worked really well for me.

Compounds are movements that require multi-joint movement. Like bench press instead of chest flies. Squats instead of leg extensions. My favorite compounds are:
      BB Squats (front and rear)
      Leg Press
      Stiff Leg Deads
      Deads
      Bent Over Row (prone and sup grip)
      Seated Rows (prone and neutral grip)
      T-Bar Rows
      BB Military Press
      BB Incline
      DB Bench (I just get better results from DB's than I do BB's on this)
      Dips
      Two Hand Overhead Press
      Reverse BB Curl
      BB Curl

You get the picture. For the most part I have found that any exercise that allows you to use two hands over one will allow you to use more weight. This will in turn call on more motor units. That's what you want to do. Maximize your muscle stimulation. Don't waste time with those isoaltion exercises as your core exercises. Do they serve a purpose? Absolutely. Can you look like Ronnie doing only isolation? Not even close. The best way to use isolation, or single joint movements, is in super sets. For example:

Leg Extensions w/ Squats
      Leg Curls w/ Stiff Legs
      Chest Flies w/ Bench Press
      Scoop Rows w/ Pull Ups
      Alternate DB Curl w/ BB Curl

Other than that I don't use isolation much. Now, of course, there are exceptions. The bicep is one of two elbow flexors. So, you have to use a single joint movement to hit biceps if you want more than what you get on back day. Triceps, Delts and Calves will also require that you do single joint movements. However, choosing an exercise that requires you use both calves at once will allow you to use way more weight than the sum of a single calf exercise.
      Yeah I totally agree Tmann. Thanks for all the tips!