• Join Us!
  • americans property
  • americans property
  • americans property
  • americans property
  • americans property
  • americans property
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: americans property

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      solidground is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 90
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default americans property

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Day America Died
      By DOUG THOMPSON
      Jun 24, 2005, 07:13
      Email this article
      Printer friendly page

America as a free nation died Thursday. Death came without mercy at the hands of the United States Supreme Court which ruled, in a split 5-4 decision, that a city has the right to steal an American citizen’s property without due course and turn it over to private developers.
      Death came to America after a prolonged period of life support. The United States has, for too long, been in a persistent vegetative state, brought on by a government that has abandoned the protections once guaranteed by the Constitution. The Bush administration, using fear of terrorism as a political sledgehammer, has stripped Americans of the right to counsel, the right to privacy and threatened even freedom of expression by suggesting that anyone who dares disagree with Dubya’s extremist right-wing views is a traitor to the flag.

But the Supreme Court yanked this ailing nation off life support Thursday by proving, as Attorney General Alberto Gonzales has said, the “Constitution is an outdated document.”

Incredible. Simply incredible. The Supremes, abandoning any reason, ruled the City of New London, CT, can seize property of private homeowners and give it to a private developer who wants to build condos and office buildings along the city’s waterfront.

“The U.S. Supreme Court destroyed everybody's lives today, everybody who owns a home,” said Richard Beyer, who will lose his property in New London.

The Supreme Court destroyed far more. It destroyed the American way of life, the American dream of home ownership and the concept that one’s property is their own and protected from those who want it for their own greedy purposes.

Justice Sandra Day O’Connor voted against the court’s appalling ruling and wrote the dissent.

“Today the Court abandons this long-held, basic limitation on government power,” Justice O’Connor wrote. “Under the banner of economic development, all private property is now vulnerable to being taken and transferred to another private owner.”

Up until now, we have had to depend on the court to stop the ever-increasing encroachment by the government into our lives. The courts have been the only path left to stop the Bush administration’s assault on freedom and the Constitution.

No more. The last hope for America died when the court sided with land speculators and fatcats who already control all the other branches of local, state and federal governments with their checkbooks and political action committees.

At one time, we who called America home considered it the home of the brave and the land of the free.

No more. We ceased being the home of the brave on September 11, 2001, when a band of thugs hijacked airliners and crashed them into the World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon. Our president, seizing on the politics of the moment, used fear to turn this nation into a police state.

On Thursday, five justices of the U.S. Supreme Court destroyed the land of the free. If people cannot own property without living in fear that the government can take it and turn it over to the fatcats who own our elected officials, then we are no longer free.

“Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose,” songwriter Kris Kristofferson wrote in his song, Me and Bobby McGee.

There’s nothing left to lose. The government and the courts have taken it all.
      (candidates@google:ron paul )

Equalizer
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: americans property

Just read about this today......This is really fucked up in my opinion. How can they justify that? I could see if it was a business that was gonna generate lots of jobs and be a plus for the local economy but just for anything they decide so they can get more tax money and swindle it with their bullshit schemes and then not even have to give you best use pay for it. Once again proving we are no longer a democracy, if this represents the best interest of the people Ill kiss everybodies ass. These types of things can only be tolerated for so long and its getting old real fucking quick.

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Well, to be honest i haven't read the fine print. There has to be some technicalities involved. If there are a few homes that are holding up development on a prime commercial waterfront, then sometimes there has to be accomadations made. Im sure they have to pay the owner's fair market value.

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by mick-G
      Well, to be honest i haven't read the fine print. There has to be some technicalities involved. If there are a few homes that are holding up development on a prime commercial waterfront, then sometimes there has to be accomadations made. Im sure they have to pay the owner's fair market value.
      Exactly, a smart man who understand Real Estate.

The term is Condemnation, it's been around for a long long time. I just did a 40 acre appraisal on property that was being taken to complete a highway. The people who owned it were greedy as all hell and refused to take the developers price. Well, now the government is taking the property to do a "voter approved" highway and their property apprasied about 25% less than the developer offered. The government must pay fair market value. So their greed got the best of them. They easily could have took the offer moved west and got more land a a bigger house, now, they will end up with about the same amoutn of land and same size house but deal with moving.

In my state they always do a vote and if the vote passes you better take the deal or you will get screwed. This has always been this way as long as I can remember. The state has always had the right to take your land through Condemnation for a voter approved project.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

Th3w0rld1sm1ne is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 221
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mick-G
      Doesn't matter, if there is a big land deal, or a US hwy, they can condem or developers can make offers, its all business and progress.

Logically this makes perfect sense... but there is no "fair market value" for a house that i grew up in, my grandmother passed away in etc. My parents place i would take exception to...

but i'll take fair market value on my condo
      I run suicide drills over and over with the weight of the world on my shouders... I'm far from being god, but i work god damn hard.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

wow!..anyway its not just homes they can take over its peoples business and stores etc.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by solidground
      wow!..anyway its not just homes they can take over its peoples business and stores etc.
      Doesn't matter, if there is a big land deal, or a US hwy, they can condem or developers can make offers, its all business and progress.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Yes T-Man we agree again! And you are right again, as i can't remember any developers that have underpaid the prospective owners. Its usually when the government steps in that you loose, as they will not pay over the fair market value for the real estate. The person that wrote that article really doesn't know how real estate and property rights work. This has been going on forever, and has nothing to do with rights and liberties, its just a word called PROGRESS.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i agree...been around a long time...i remember growing up and they were extending i-275 and my best friends parents sold and moved to arizona!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

That is the sad part though, i agree. No one can replace memories. Usually a developer or investment company will pay way over market value, so it is wise to take them up on it, because later if the government steps in you will get far less, and that would be even more dissapointing. On a happier note, these things usually are not typical of the normal homeowner. Usually it happens when you are next to a major thurafare, or right next to commercial businness developement. Of course cities can always re-zone, but it is highly unlikely if you are in the middle of a residential area.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by mick-G
      That is the sad part though, i agree. No one can replace memories. Usually a developer or investment company will pay way over market value, so it is wise to take them up on it, because later if the government steps in you will get far less, and that would be even more dissapointing. On a happier note, these things usually are not typical of the normal homeowner. Usually it happens when you are next to a major thurafare, or right next to commercial businness developement. Of course cities can always re-zone, but it is highly unlikely if you are in the middle of a residential area.
      Exactly, a smart buyer who lives anywhere near commercial zoned land or a major highway or interstate needs to go down to planning and zoning to see if there are any future zoning changes being considered. These things take years and years from thought to manasfestation. If it's been considered you can find out.

Th3w0rld1sm1ne is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 221
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007
      Exactly, a smart buyer who lives anywhere near commercial zoned land or a major highway or interstate needs to go down to planning and zoning to see if there are any future zoning changes being considered. These things take years and years from thought to manasfestation. If it's been considered you can find out.
      That's a good point... they've been talking about this painter blvd 840 loop in greensboro for the last 10 years and it will be another 10 before they finish just the first part of it.
      I run suicide drills over and over with the weight of the world on my shouders... I'm far from being god, but i work god damn hard.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

this isnt about progression..the government does not have to build a road, bridge etc all the developer has to do is build a building that has more property tax -then the previous owner has no property rights.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by solidground
      this isnt about progression..the government does not have to build a road, bridge etc all the developer has to do is build a building that has more property tax -then the previous owner has no property rights.
      Here's the way it MUST work and this is a Federal Law:
      Before any property can be built it must go through a Highest and Best use study which can only be performed by Licensed Appraisers. Which I am. The Highest and Best of a subject property must meet four criteria: it must be physicaly possible, financially feasible, legally permissable, and maximally productive.

If a property is zoned residential then it is not legally permissable to build a commercial enterprise. If building code states that condos must be a minimum of 500 yards from the water and your residential property is only 300 yards from the water it is not physically possible to build condos on that lot. Are you starting to see the picture?

Now, if your property is near a shopping center and the zoning has been changed from R1 (single family residential) to C5 (small comercial with granfathered residential) then you are subject to condemnation.

Furthermore, many residential neighborhoods generate waaaaaaaay more taxes than a commercial shopping center. This is due to the total value of 500k homes along one street are worth more than a shopping center with a hug parking lot. There has to be something to tax and a parking lot does not contribute to taxable value.

Now, if a 20 story office building is going to be built then I can assure you that you residential home is safe because there are hundreds of hoops that must be jumped through not to mention every city in this county has a vote on any major construction project.

I know my job and I know how Real Estate works. The only people who are affected by this are those whose homes are in jeopardy of zoning changes. And zoning changes require a lot of planning because it effects everything. The ingress and egress of the property, the easements, the utilites, etc....

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Bro sorry, but you are wrong, highways sometimes need to be built to accomadate growth, also this is a capitolistic country. What you say about developers doesn't make sence, lol! Why would a developer want to build something with more property tax if it is not necessary? They are in the bussiness to make $ not get in to a - cash flow.