• Join Us!
  • A serious post
  • A serious post
  • A serious post
  • A serious post
  • A serious post
  • A serious post
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: A serious post

Skarhead is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 576
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default A serious post

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • A serious post
      • A serious post

• A serious post
      • A serious post
      • A serious post
      • A serious post
      • A serious post
      • A serious post
      I'm not sure if anyone has heard about MWC here, but he was a good person on the boards... Here is the story

Info About MassWithClass (Michael Hoover)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Benz posted this on another board, but I thought it gave some good insight into what type of guy he was and a little background about him since not everyone had a lot of contact with him. Here it is:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Masswithclass

A lot of you people know me, but for those who don't i'm a 2 time state middleweight Pa State champion in the NPC. I also took it to the next level 2 times competing at Nationals for the allmighty PRO card. I recently was diagnosed with Renal Kidney Failure, that means basically my kidney are shutting down. I need dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours a session to stay alive. Kidney problems do not run in my family, nobody in my family has ever had a kidney related issue.
      You have to realize there are consiquenses to your actions with AAS, do not think that you are invincible.

I was recently prepping for the state championships, I figured this is my year for the overall state title Mr Pennsyvania and it was balls to the wall. About 6 weeks out I started throwing up every day sometimes 2 times a day, my ankles were holding water and my skin was turning very pale and I was so fatigued but i pushed on anyway thinking I was being a *****. Finally it got so bad I could harly breathe and was truely afraid that something very serious was wrong. I went to the doctor for bloodwork, he sent it out stat the next thing I know he called me and wanted me in the hospital NOW. I went to intensive care where they gave me 4 units of blood and blood pressure meds, turns out my kidney's where shutting of and have been doing so for some time now. I went from prepping for a state title to having a doctor sitting in front of me telling me "you need a transplant". If I would have had bloodwork and payed attention to it i would more than likey not been in this grim position. Nobody talks about the bad side of steroids on these boards, so I just wanted you to know what you are getting into. I don't mean to lecture, I was asked to write this piece to make people realize there is a bad side about steroids that most people are in denial about.
      Thank you for listening and hopefully I can help some of you from being in the same position as me some day.

-------
      Originally posted By MasswithClass

I am a non drinker, non smoker, I have had a very strict diet since 1996 always lean. I have to say that I have also taken the ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin stack since 1991 nonstop, and nsaids for joint and muscle pain. Once again this is not in my genes and I am only 37. We all know anadrol, d-bol, winny, halo, and tren are harsh substances, but the quest for size blinds us to the negative aspects of these drugs. I'm not saying don't do them, that is a personal choice but at least be careful.

-----

Originally Posted by masswithclass

I never juiced like some of these people on the boards. Shit was hard to come by where I live so cycles were very basic with average doses. I never did 1 gram of test a week, d-bol would be 50mg a day tops, and anadrol would be 150 mg a day for a maximum of a week during a cycle. The thing is that I never really came off since 1996. Figured I'd never turn pro if I took time off.

Here is a post by PassionateBB

To musclesci members. So incredibly sorry for your loss.

Something To Believe In

I desperately need something good to believe in this weekend. The sun is shining, it's gorgeous outside and I had planned on going kayaking. Instead, I have sat frozen at my desk since awaking at 4:00am. I can't eat. My dog needs attention. My house is a mess. Yet I can't stop going to the various boards and soaking in all that is being said about Mike Hoover (masswithclass).

I didn't even know him personally. He was just someone whose posts I read on the internet and who I privately messaged with a few times. But his loss has affected me greatly. I see in him 90% of the members of all the boards; young, male, eager and fearless. And in the women too. Doing whatever it takes to get to the top. And knowing better. Really knowing better. Myself included at one point.

What happened to him is what I hate so much about this sport. The drive and honestly the necessity of putting things in your system that you know in your heart are bad for you. Chasing a dream and to hell with the consequences. It breaks my heart that masswithclass is certainly not the first one and won't be the last. If you're fortunate enough to win the lottery of good health and longevity then good for you. But you just don't know, do you. None of us do.

The thing that sticks out in my mind and I can't shake is how well he was thought of and how much people liked and respected him. He was one of us. And truth be told, there are not many of us in this sport and on the boards worthy of respect. It's all about ME, ME, ME. To hell with anyone else. Those with that obvious attitude feel no responsibility or even kindness to contribute or help other people out, even with a kind word, motivation or suggestion. "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT MY SITE", bla, bla, bla. It gets old quickly.

Mike Hoover apparently wasn't that kind of brother in iron. I sent him a PM once to encourage him when he got sick and all he did was encourage me about my own health issues. Not a word about what he was going through. When I was down, reading his message gave me something to believe in. I wish I had saved it. Because I need it right now.

When the time comes, and it will for all of us, no one is going to care what you looked like, how fabulous your website was or how big or lean or ripped you were. The legacy you leave is in how you treated others. Bottom line. If you gave people something to believe in, some positive, humanitarian token of yourself, you will have lived like Mike. If people loved and respected you, like they so obviously did Mike, then you left the world a better place.

I need to go to church. I need to pray. I need to do something to reinforce in me that there's a reason, besides human mistakes, that someone so well thought of and who helped alot of people would be taken so soon. And so I write.

And I wonder if people will learn.

God bless you masswithclass.

PBB

RIP mwc, and what PBB posted was absolutely perfect and I think everyone shoudl take time to read it, digest it, and remember MWC as well b/c he is still helping people out beyond the grave. I know i sat back and re-evaluated what i was doing, and I think everyone else should do the same.

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: A serious post

Good re-post Skar! Everyone knows that related side effects can occur with aas use, but sometimes ppl go overboard, or they become obsessed/addicted, then start upping dosages to unrealistic levels, lengths, or maybe its just that they can not take a long enough break. Its good sometimes to read these experiences, or talk to someone to give us a reality check. Bigger, stronger, more ripped, it all doesn't matter if we don't have our health.

HungarianBeast is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 383
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Hopefully the person who recently started the lasix/aldactone thread has read this thread.

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Good post, and a sad loss, but the same happens to those who don't juice. Being in health care, I've seen lots of people end up the same way with no rhyme or reason. Not saying AAS didn't contribute or facilitate the process of his health issues, just saying it may not be the only factor. I know of extremely healthy people who have always taken good care of themselves dying from one thing or another and others who've abused their bodies living to an old age.

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

i hope his story is never forgotten. people should learn from his mistakes, especially since most of us are guilty of them at one point or another. its always extemely sad to hear this shit but if people learn from it then at least some good can come from his passing.

badasz32 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 405
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

we lose too many good bros in this sport. weather its just bad judgment or rec. drugs. somethings have to change. this gets the ball rolling for positive changes in the way people think and act.
      Badasz1@Hushmail.com

TRAM is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 715
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

R.I.P. BRO.
      "WHERE THE MIND GOES, THE BODY WILL FOLLOW."

"I THINK I CAN TAKE YOU"," YA, KEEP LOOKING"

"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

Symbolic is offline VET
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      is leaning out!

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Great post....Definitely makes you sit back and think.
      Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated..

firstenrgy is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Wow. A sad yet necessary post.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

thanks skar...rest in peace masswithclass!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Triggerman2003 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 267
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I gotta say that was a good post Skarhead.....RIP MWC!!!!!!!
      Strength, Power, and Love of the game is all you need.

Shiner22nd is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 352
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

What a sad story. It's so unfortunate that it actually takes stories like that to get the attention of some people. Apparently this gentleman was all they say he was and he seemed to love the sport. What dedication. Hopefully we can all take something from this in rememberance of him and help hold each other accountable to not cross the line.
      Any and all views expressed by the screen name Shiner22nd are entirely fictional and are intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes only. This person in no way condones or supports the use of Anabolic Steroids and/or medical substances without the legal consent from his or her doctor.

That being said.......

cbr929 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 307
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • A serious post