While I was in Illinois this past week, I was able to see a chiropractor to get an adjustment. Anyway, I mentioned that my left shoulder had been causing me pain due to a martial arts injury and repetitive motion from lifting weights. He suggested a treatment of phonophoreses which is a procedure that uses ultra sound to help break up and flush damaged cartilage, ligaments, tendons, etc...

I was a bit apprehensive but I went ahead and had the treatment done. Felt great because my shoulder muscles were rapidly twitching during the treatment.

Once the treatment was over my shoulder felt less tense. However, a couple hours later - it felt like I got slammed with a 2x4. I experienced a very deep but dull ache. Surprisingly, after getting a good nights rest my shoulder pain was significantly reduced.

I worked out the next day and was able to do close grip bench presses (an exercise I haven't been able to do in a long while) with relatively no pain. He suggested that I continue treatment - as one treatment wasn't going to be enough. So, I've been looking at trying to find a chiropractor in my area that performs the same treatment - at an economical cost of course.

IG