• Join Us!
  • New car
  • New car
  • New car
  • New car
  • New car
  • New car
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New car

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      Overall activity: 0%
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default New car

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • New car
      • New car

• New car
      • New car
      • New car
      • New car
      • New car
      • New car
      Hey guys and gals, I just bought a IMACULATE 2001 Nissan Pathfinder last night for $15k plus taxes and fees. It's loaded with every option (dual power seats, side airbags and front, heated seats, all digital, 4WD, sliding and popup sunroof, bose 6 disc sound system, etc.). It has 82k miles but mostly highway, 1 owner (62 yr old man who traveled from Cali to Vegas often). I am purchasing a warranty on it today once I decide who is a good company to go thru.......any suggestions appreciated. Anyhow, does or has anyone ever owned a Pathfinder? I have heard good things about them but don't know too much, I just assume Nissan makes very good products. I traded in a Toyota 4WD truck for it........what an upgrade I tell ya. Oh yea, I had them run a carfax on it too and it showed 1 owner from Cali and never any reported accidents.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: New car

i bought a 2002 pathfinder for my wife. and after 45000 miles of abuse from my wfe it still runs great. example of how my lovely wife treats it. i bought her the truck as a graduation present right before we got married, so i had no idea how bad she was with her vehicles. had it for a bit but i never drove it. got in it and saw she had 12000 miles on it. looked up at the window to see her oil change sticker sayin change miles at 3500 miles. ummmm sweatheart please tell me they just forgot to change the sticker. ????? she just goes i don't know my father always changed my oil. THANKS FATHER INLAW!!!! and after she backed into my neighbors mailbox i stopped askin where the new dents came from..anywys. i love the way they drive in comparison to other suv's in its class. i think you will really enjoy it. and again welcome home brudda

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Anything Nissan makes is a good reliable product.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by edvedr
      i bought a 2002 pathfinder for my wife. and after 45000 miles of abuse from my wfe it still runs great. example of how my lovely wife treats it. i bought her the truck as a graduation present right before we got married, so i had no idea how bad she was with her vehicles. had it for a bit but i never drove it. got in it and saw she had 12000 miles on it. looked up at the window to see her oil change sticker sayin change miles at 3500 miles. ummmm sweatheart please tell me they just forgot to change the sticker. ????? she just goes i don't know my father always changed my oil. THANKS FATHER INLAW!!!! and after she backed into my neighbors mailbox i stopped askin where the new dents came from..anywys. i love the way they drive in comparison to other suv's in its class. i think you will really enjoy it. and again welcome home brudda
      Thanks again for the welcome home edvedr and appreciate the input. Mick-g, that's how I was looking at it also.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

the pathfinder is a good repitable truck. just keep up with maint. and you should be good for a long time. extended warranty is a great idea. sorry i dont know who to refer you to aftermarket...good luck with it!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by daved150
      the pathfinder is a good repitable truck. just keep up with maint. and you should be good for a long time. extended warranty is a great idea. sorry i dont know who to refer you to aftermarket...good luck with it!
      I bought one thru Warranty Warehouse with a company called American Guardian. I read every detail and asked many questions and believe they are top notch. I got a 24k/2yr warranty for $1280.

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Nissans are awesome and take great abuse!!! That waranty sounds like a good deal. A friend of mines paid close to 3k for a SAAB extended warranty!
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by supasaiyan99
      Nissans are awesome and take great abuse!!! That waranty sounds like a good deal. A friend of mines paid close to 3k for a SAAB extended warranty!
      Yea I did a bunch of research before I bought into one. It turns out that you're better off buying directly from a warranty company because you cut out the middle man. I saved over $500 going thru this place instead of the dealership. Plus with the dealer they don't give you any time to decide because you have to buy it right then or never. The company I went thru is having me take my car to a Pep Boys mechanic to have it inspected free of charge and then it is covered. I can go to ANY mechanic or dealership in the country and there are no limitations in price. Plus, I get up to $500 max, $100 per day if I'm on vacation and have car trouble, and rental car $35 max per day if my car requires to be in a shop for more than 4 hrs.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

This is just my opinion JS, but have you ever looked into leasing a vehicle. There are very, very good lease deals out there now. Depends on what your looking for, but ive seen GM's Grand Prix new with most options for 179. a month and i think 1000 down, Liberty Jeeps for 99. a month etc. You have to look in your local news papers. Like i said it depends on what your looking for, but you wouldn't have to use the 15K just 1K down and sometimes 0 down if you figure it out it is cheaper to lease and you have a brand new vehicle. You use a minimal amount of your money out of pocket. You'd be saving 16,280. minus the 1000. Also you wont need the insurance warranty, cause the car will be new. Yes you will have payments but, they will be low and all that money you will still have to save and develope. How much will that Pathfinder be worth when you pay it off?? It is always harder to keep the $ than it is to save it. Even if you buy and don't lease the interest rates are very low, some with 0% financing, which is cheaper on payments than a used foreign car.

Symbolic is offline VET
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      is leaning out!

I am:
      Awesome

Level

You are my long lost twin Ed! We must be into the same kind of cars...LOL You have a bimmer, I have a bimmer.. I also bought my girlfriend an 02 Pathfinder LE. It's loaded and only had 30k on the odometer. It really is a great SUV and I think looks great compared to the new SUVs' out there now...
      [QUOTE=edvedr]i bought a 2002 pathfinder for my wife. and after 45000 miles of abuse from my wfe it still runs great. example of how my lovely wife treats it.
      Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated..

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by mick-G
      This is just my opinion JS, but have you ever looked into leasing a vehicle. There are very, very good lease deals out there now. Depends on what your looking for, but ive seen GM's Grand Prix new with most options for 179. a month and i think 1000 down, Liberty Jeeps for 99. a month etc. You have to look in your local news papers. Like i said it depends on what your looking for, but you wouldn't have to use the 15K just 1K down and sometimes 0 down if you figure it out it is cheaper to lease and you have a brand new vehicle. You use a minimal amount of your money out of pocket. You'd be saving 16,280. minus the 1000. Also you wont need the insurance warranty, cause the car will be new. Yes you will have payments but, they will be low and all that money you will still have to save and develope. How much will that Pathfinder be worth when you pay it off?? It is always harder to keep the $ than it is to save it. Even if you buy and don't lease the interest rates are very low, some with 0% financing, which is cheaper on payments than a used foreign car.
      Uh, mick, I already bought it...lol. I'm not into leases though. I only borrowed 9k for this one and will pay it off in about 2 yrs instead of the 4 I financed it for. Thanks for your opinion though. I just would rather own my car rather than make payments indefinately.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Lol, I was talking about two yr leases though. Anyways, good luck with it!

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by mick-G

Leases have too much restriction on milage. I think most only allow 12k miles/yr. Then you pay like $0.75 per mile over. That's robbery. I drive about 36k/yr now because I work 60 miles away from home. BUt even when i wasn't working and just going to school I was putting 18k-20K miles/yr. If you don't plan on driving the car much then leasing is ok. But if you drive a lot it might not be worth it.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Yes, i know you have to do 12K or under. Some leases though give you the option to buy after the lease has ended. Ive just seen soo many good incentives on new vehicles etc. 0% down on a new car, even the higher priced ones and imports. Also when i buy a car i deal them down to no more than 10% above invoice. I live in the motor city so i see very excellent deals because the car market is not doing very well and they want to move their product.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • New car
      • New car

• New car
      • New car
      • New car
      • New car
      • New car
      • New car
      leases are not like they used to be. they are very flexable and can be taylored to fit most needs. mick is right, and leasing is the best option in most cases. in dec. you could have bought an f-150 4x4 x-cab auto, air, tilt, cruise, cd for 168/mo for 2yrs at 15k a year. over mileage with ford is only .20 a mile. you could have one payed that same truck for a little over 2800 for 2yrs/24k. with no payments due for 2yrs. put that in a calculator and figure out your total cost over 2yrs, and i'm sure you'd see the bennefits to leasing! watch your deals guys...best time to buy usally dec.
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...