THE RIGHT TO COMMIT TREASON

November 21, 2004

While multimillionaire basketball players are beating up fans, our brave soldiers are fighting and dying in Iraq. The Liberals have been trying to convince us for a year and a half that even though they oppose the war they support our troops. Question their statements and they immediately accuse you of calling them unpatriotic. Call them unpatriotic and they yell McCarthyism faster than you can say treasonous scumbag; I mean Kevin Sites.

Before the election, the Subversive Media did their best to daily remind us of every soldier that was killed in Bush's "illegal war", not in order to honor them, but to try and weaken our resolve and to demoralize us to the point of defeat. When the pictures of the U.S. soldiers humiliating Iraqi terrorists surfaced, the Liberals could barely contain their glee. Finally, their second Vietnam was within sight. Kerry would win and all the soldiers would be brought home before they did something stupid like win the war in Iraq and make America safer and stronger. Forced to swallow their spit, the Treasonous Left patiently waited for their next chance to weaken America. November 13th 2004 was their lucky day.

A video of an U.S. Marine shooting a wounded and unarmed Iraqi terrorist in the head inside of a Mosque was shown around the world. With little or no context given in our sound bite media, I almost agreed with the Left's charge of a "war crime". However, after reading Col. Oliver North's account of what really happened before and after the shooting, I realized that the only crime had been committed by KEVIN SITES, the NBC correspondent who handed the video tape over to the networks. (Read Col. North's article at https://www.townhall.com/columnists/o...20041119.shtml).

I am not going to second-guess the Marine's combat actions, since the closest to ever being shot at was when I told a PETA member that I like my steak medium, with a side of chicken and ribs (I was on a low carb diet), but I am going to accuse Kevin Sites of being unpatriotic, treasonous scum. The legal definition of treason consists of two elements: adherence to the enemy, and rendering him aid and comfort. Sites had been traveling through Fallujah under the protection of the very Marine he has possibly condemned to a court-martial. I know his act of treason is protected under the first amendment and I wouldn't have it any other way, but is it to much to ask of reporters to consider if releasing such tapes to the world during war would give aid and comfort to the American forces, or to the terrorists they are fighting? When was the last news report that showed the Marines rebuilding schools and hospitals?

If the Left wants to prove they are just as patriotic as the rest of us, how about waiting until there is an investigation to determine if the Marine acted according to the rules of combat, before condemning him as a "war criminal". Actually, that would have been the fair thing to do; patriotic would have been to accidentally drop the tape in front of a tank's tracks. I can hear all the Liberals whining that I am advocating **** like "censorship". But that sort of censorship could only be charged if the Marine, after shooting the terrorist, had turned his M16 on the reporter and informed him that he was about to became the victim of friendly fire unless he turned over the tape.

What I am advocating is self-censorship. You know, the kind of censorship practiced by journalists every time there's a news story that hurts a Liberal politician or a Liberal cause, like abortion. When was the last time the New York Times did an investigative piece on the number of women who suffer severe, suicidal depression after killing their unborn child? When they do report embarrassing stories about Liberals it's always after their impact has been reduced to that of a Chihuahua trying to attack a Pitbull; but enough about Al Franken's efforts to destroy Rush Limbaugh. (I apologize to all Chihuahuas offended by my last demeaning comparison). The infamous revelations by Eason Jordan of CNN, that the news network traded silence about Saddam Hussein's atrocities for access, came only after it was clear that they didn't need Saddam for access anymore. Also, the Newsweek stories that showed John Kerry's lack of fortitude, character and class (Kerry quote from April 2004: "I can't believe I'm losing to this idiot") were reported only after the election. Thanks for the news flash, but 52% of the country already knew that Kerry learned how to speak about patriotic Americans from the French.

So instead of Kevin Sites being tried as a traitor, he will probably win a Pulitzer, while American soldiers are dying to protect his right to commit treason. I hope I never run into him, because it would take a lot of self-restraint to keep myself from slapping the Liberalism out of him. And if that didn't work, I recommend a more "Clockwork Orange" solution: lock him up in an echo room with a talking Ann Coulter doll and a year's supply of Energizer batteries, and keep him there until he understands that he should be an American first and a journalist second. If these Ann Coulter quotes wont cure him, at least they'll drive him insane:

"Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like Liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now."- Ann Coulter

Why not go to war just for oil? We need oil. What do Hollywood celebrities imagine fuels their private jets? How do they think their cocaine is delivered to them?"- Ann Coulter

"Liberals don't mind discussing who is more patriotic if patriotism is defined as redistributing income and vetoing the Pledge of Allegiance. Only if patriotism is defined as supporting America do they get testy and drone on about 'McCarthyism.'" -- Ann Coulter

"Gore said foreigners are not worried about 'what the terrorist networks are going to do, but about what we're going to do.' Good. They should be worried. They hate us? We hate them. Americans don't want to make Islamic fanatics love us. We want to make them die. There's nothing like horrendous physical pain to quell anger. Japanese Kamikazes pilots hated us once, too. A couple of well-aimed nuclear weapons got their attention. Now they are gentle little lambs." -- Ann Coulter