• Join Us!
  • destructive dog issue
  • destructive dog issue
  • destructive dog issue
  • destructive dog issue
  • destructive dog issue
  • destructive dog issue
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: destructive dog issue

Keiser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default destructive dog issue

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • destructive dog issue
      • destructive dog issue

• destructive dog issue
      • destructive dog issue
      • destructive dog issue
      • destructive dog issue
      • destructive dog issue
      • destructive dog issue
      My dog is killing me. She is the most destructive dog in the history of dogs. She is a 10 month old 75lb weimaraner. She is in the process of destroying my house. She has torn up all the screens off the outside of my house, destroyed a wooden rocking chair and all paito furniture, destroyed parts of my wooden fence, my sprinkler system, chewed thru the main wire to my air conditioner, patio screen door, parts of my wooden deck, chewed thru sheetrock in my garage and numerous other things....

My vet said she had seperation anxiety, and this is why she is destructive, so I got another dog, a doberman to keep her company while I am away. This helped some but not much, the doberman is a great dog, he minds well, and is very calm and gentle.

Well I have a hottub in my backyard and I just got a brand new cover for it this weekend, (these things are expensive $275). I went home for lunch today to find that she had destroyed the cover. Pieces of it and foam were all over the yard. In the 9 months I have had her, she has cost me thousands of dollars in repairs. I am the biggest animal and dog lover, but today I almost shot her, I have not been this angry in years, i'm not sure what to do.

Aragorn
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I'm guessing you have her spade or at least will be...I'm no expert on dogs but I love them. Good luck with her.

Aragorn

Keiser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

She has an appointment to be spayed this saturday. It may calm her down some, but I doubt it. Thats also another $150

LOCO is offline VET
      Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 102
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

get a cage and put her in there for like an hour or so every time she does something bad like that... eventually she'll learn.....
      u have to educate her like parents do their kids... if u just let her mind her own business, she'll never learn...
      the cage thing worked for me well... the dog stopped chewing shoes and furniture and pooping all over the house.....
      some old guy who sold me the dog told me agout it... try that, maybe it'll work..

beachgirl
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

what kind of dog is it?

Keiser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Shes a weimaraner

bambam
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

been there bro...always crate train your dog...once when the little guy under my user name realy fucked my house up...i came home and i had a lady friend with me,well when i open the door it looked liked it had snowed in my house...he tore out all the white stuffing from my couch and love seat,even on the arm rest it was down to the wood....it is a pain in the ass but he has became the best thing in my life...

Billy_Bathgate
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Lock that bastard in the cage. Thats what I do to mine. I dont like hitting mine..but sometimes you get so pissed off. Thing is, it doesnt hurt them as much as it makes them fear you. I got one of them shock collers...man what a waste. When I zap my dog she wags her tail with it. I know what you mean, my dog just ate a hole through my kitchen wall.....I felt like buying a stun gun.

Keiser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

What about those wireless, sonic fence things. Do these things work? I was thinking about getting one and sectioning off the part of the yard with the hottub. They say the dogs won't cross the laser boundary or whatever it emits. They are like $200 bones though, and I don't wanna buy one if it won't work.

BODY
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I hear you LM. My dog is fantastic but only because he is w/ me 24/7. I left him home yesterday for 15min and out of spite has tore up some stuff. One thing I can think of is run the crap out of her w/ the dobie and burn off some of that energy, puppies have plenty. Does she chew stuff when youre home? I personally feel female dogs dont listen well just from the ones I have known and one I had. Not that they are bad just not as eager to obey and please their master. Good luck and if you love her keep her it will only be worse for her if she has to get another home.

Keiser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Nah, I would never get rid of her no matter what. She provides much more love and fun that outweighs the bad. Plus I am loyal to her, I took her in as a scared little puppy and she depends on me for everything. Thats just how I am, I knew the day that I picked her up from the breeder that I was in it for the long haul.

BODY
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Right answer bro. I found my boxer abandoned and starving @ 6mo. the rewards I get are priceless. Its a sad story but the ending will be happy. Burn up some of her energy thats a good start, she is a puppy. She will need recovery time I hope it will last till you run her into the ground the next day and so on.

Billy_Bathgate
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Those fences you speak of.... they zap em if they get too close. ITs not that they hurt them (I put one on once) but it scares the hell out of them and makes them want to stay back. If you have a stubborn or really big dog, it wont stop them if they really want in.

Go get soem fo that bitter apple spray at petsmart. Spray it on the stuff she usually goes after. Spray some on her tongue when she chews shit up too!

Redfoot is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 26
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Crate training is definately the answer. Buy a cage big enough for the dog to stretch out in. I have 2 Siberian Huskies with huge crates that they stay in when Im not home. Training them was a ***** and my wife hated me for six months b/c she thought I was too hard on them. Make sure that the dog knows you are the Alpha. Sit on the floor and turn the dog over on its back and hold them between your legs until they relax. Let them up and reward them. When your dog wants to lick you only let them do it under your chin. Dogs never lick the chin of a lower ranking dog. Just try to reinforce the fact that you are the boss.
      When you let them out of the crate give them your total attention for a bit. You may also want to give them a lot of chewable toys so they can learn the difference between toys and furniture. Just a thought. By the way my wife likes me again...the dogs are well behaved and protective
      My teachings are like a finger pointing at the moon. Do not mistake the finger for the moon.

LOCO is offline VET
      Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 102
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • destructive dog issue
      • destructive dog issue

• destructive dog issue