• Join Us!
  • Post-cycle confusion.. CLOMID? YES OR NO???
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post-cycle confusion.. CLOMID? YES OR NO???

gecko is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 232
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Post-cycle confusion.. CLOMID? YES OR NO???

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Hi everybody!

So many diverse opinions on post cycle therapy.
      So in the end, is there any consensus....

Clomid ... yes or no
      HCG.. during? After? how much?
      Nolva? yes or no ? during? after.?

Any other compounds?

So many different opinions...

Gecko

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Post-cycle confusion.. CLOMID? YES OR NO???

CLOMID- YES AFTER A CYCLE-300-100-50

NOLVA- YES ED DURING A CYCLE-20MG A DAY

HCG- WHATS YOUR CYCLE LOOK LIKE-ITS USUALY 500IUS EVERY SAT-SUN DURING YOUR CYCLE

SOME PEOPLE USE BOTH CLOMID AND NOLVA AFTER A CYCLE
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

SMILEY FACE is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

like fuzo said, i use all of them

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by gecko
      Hi everybody!

So many diverse opinions on post cycle therapy.
      So in the end, is there any consensus....

Clomid ... yes or no
      HCG.. during? After? how much?
      Nolva? yes or no ? during? after.?

Any other compounds?

So many different opinions...

Gecko
      How about some stats 1st...

Clomid is NOT for everyone, it's a love hate relationship. It's beneficial though. Nolva is for people who are prone to gyno. HCG SHOULD be taken from start to finish, keeps the balls in place and it works great.

What's your cycle look like?

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I posted this on here before, good read and hope it answers your question/confusion

Why Bodybuilders Use Clomid
      Clomid is a generic name for Clomiphene Citrate and is a synthetic estrogen. It is prescribed medically to aid ovulation in low fertility females. Another generic name is Serophene.

Most anabolic steroids, especially the androgens, cause inhibition of the body's own testosterone production. When a bodybuilder comes off a steroid cycle, natural testosterone production is zero and the levels of the steroids taken in the blood are diminishing. This leaves the ratios of catabolic: anabolic hormones in the blood high, hence the body is in a state of catabolism, and, as a result, much of the muscle tissue that was gained on the cycle is now going to be lost.

Clomid stimulates the hypothalamus to, in turn stimulant the anterior pituitary gland (aka hypophysis) to release gonadotrophic hormones. The gonadotrophic hormones are follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH - aka interstitial cell stimulating hormone (ICSH)). FSH stimulates the testes to produce more testosterone, and LH stimulates them to secrete more testosterone. This feedback mechanism is known as the hypothalamic-pituitary-testes axis (HPTA), and results in an increase of the body's own testosterone production and blood levels rise, to, in part, compensate for the diminishing levels of exogenous steroids. This is vital to minimize post cycle muscle losses.

Not all steroids do cause shut down of the feedback mechanism. Everyone is different and you must also take into account how long you have been using a certain steroid and at what dose in order to determine if you need Clomid or not.

Clomid also works as an anti-estrogen. As it's a weak synthetic estrogen, it binds to estrogen receptors on cells blocking them to estrogen in the blood. This minimizes the negative effects like gynecomastia and water retention that may be a result of estrogen that has aromatized from testosterone.

It's effect as an anti-estrogen are quite weak though, and it should not be relied upon if you are going to be using androgenic steroids that aromatize at a rapid rate, or if you are pre-disposed to gynecomastia. Arimidex and Nolvadex (Tamoxifen) are far more effective anti-estrogens.

Important note: Clomid does not, as is often thought, stimulate the release of natural testosterone, but rather works at reducing the estrogenic inhibition caused by the steroid cycle. It does this in a similar manner to the way it and Nolvadex block estrogen receptors in nipples to combat gyno development, i.e. by blocking the estrogen receptors in the hypothalamus and pituitary thus reducing the inhibition from the elevated estrogen. This allows LH levels to return to normal, or even above normal levels, and in turn, natural testosterone levels to also normalize.

Inhibition of the HPTA is caused by elevated androgen, estrogen or progesterone levels. On cessation of the steroid cycle, androgen levels begin to fall and Clomid dosing is normally commenced according to the half-life of the longest acting drug in the system (see below).

This may also explain the reason individuals often find post-deca recovery more difficult, as the progesterone presence is untouched by the Clomid. We know that Clomid and Nolvadex (being very similar chemically) are both ineffective with regard to reducing progesterone related gyno, so it is reasonable to assume that Clomid has little effect against progesterone levels.

Clomid During A Cycle
      When we use anabolic steroids, the level of androgens in the body rises causing the androgen receptors to become more highly activated, and through the HPTA, a signal tells our testes to stop producing testosterone. During a cycle the body has far higher than normal levels of androgens and, as long as this level is high enough, Clomid will not help to keep natural testosterone production up. It will be almost all but completely shut off, in theory.

Some heavy androgen users, however, do advocate a small burst of Clomid mid-cycle, though it must be hard for them to say if it really of any benefit, due to the amount of gear they are using. Therefore, the only purpose of Clomid during a cycle is as an anti-estrogen.

When To Start Clomid
      The correct time to commence Clomid depends on the type and cycle of steroids you have been using. Different steroids have different half-life’s (indicates the time a substance diminishes in blood), and Clomid administration should be taken accordingly.

As we have seen above, Clomid taken when androgen levels in our blood are still high will be a waste. It is crucial to wait for androgen levels to fall before implementing our Clomid therapy. However, if taken too late we could possibly lose gains.

The list below determines when you should start Clomid. Select from the list any steroids you've used in your cycle and whichever one has the latest starting point is the time to commence Clomid. For example, if Dianabol, Sustanon and Winstrol were cycled, the time for administering Clomid should be 3 weeks post cycle, as Sustanon remains active in the body for the longest period of time.

Steroid Time after Last administration

Length of Clomid Cycle

Anadrol50/Anapolan50: 8 - 12 hours 3 weeks
      Deca durabolan: 3 weeks 4 weeks
      Dianabol: 4 - 8 hours 3 weeks
      Equipoise: 17 - 21 days 3 weeks
      Finajet/Trenbolone: 3 days 3 weeks
      Primabolan depot: 10 - 14 days 2 weeks
      Sustanon: 3 weeks 3 weeks
      Testosterone Cypionate: 2 weeks 3 weeks
      Testosterone Enanthate/Testaviron: 2 weeks 3 weeks
      Testosterone Propionate: 3 days 3 weeks
      Testosterone Suspension: 4 - 8 hours 2-3 weeks
      Winstrol 8 - 12 hours 2-3 weeks

How To Take Clomid
      Clomid has a long half-life (possibly 5 days), so there is no need to split up doses throughout the day. If Sustanon has been used and Clomid is commenced 3 weeks after the last injection, I would estimate that androgen levels are low enough to start sending the correct signals. If androgen levels are still a little high, we need to start at a high enough amounts that will work or help, even if androgen levels are still a little high. Try 300mg on day 1; then use 100mg for the next 10 days; followed by 50mg for 10 days.

Using HCG
      It is our opinion that HCG is probably one of the most misunderstood and misused compounds in bodybuilding. Hopefully this information will go some way towards rectifying that for the members of Muscle Talk. HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin and is not a steroid, but a natural peptide hormone which develops in the placenta of pregnant women during pregnancy to controls the mother's hormones. (Incidentally, this is the reason you may hear of people testing for growth hormone (HGH) with a pregnancy testing kit - If their HGH shows 'pregnant', they've been ripped-off with cheaper HCG - but we digress slightly).

Its action in the male body is like that of LH, stimulating the Leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone even in the absence of endogenous LH. HCG is therefore used during longer or heavier steroid cycles to maintain testicular size and condition, or to bring atrophied (shrunken) testicles back up to their original condition in preparation for post-cycle Clomid therapy. This process is necessary because atrophied testicles produce reduced levels of natural testosterone, this situation should be rectified prior to post-cycle Clomid therapy.

HCG administration post-cycle is common practice among bodybuilders in the belief that it will aid the natural testosterone recovery, but this theory is unfounded and also counterproductive. The rapid rise in both testosterone, and thus estrogen due to aromatization, from the administration of HCG causes further inhibition of the HPTA (Hypothalamic/Pituitary/Testicular Axis - feedback loop discussed above); this actually worsens the recovery situation. HCG does not restore the natural testosterone production.

The typically observed dosing of 2000 to 5000IU every 4 to 5 days causes such an increase in estrogen levels via aromatization of the natural testosterone that this has been responsible for many cases of gynecomastia.

From the above discussion it is clear that HCG is best used during a cycle, either to:

1) Avoid testicular atrophy, or
      2) Rectify the problem of an existing testicular atrophy.

Doses of HCG
      Smaller doses, more frequently during a cycle will give best overall results with least unwanted side effects. Somewhere between 500 IU and 1000IU per day would be best over about a two-week period. These doses are sufficient to avoid/rectify testicular atrophy without increasing estrogen levels too dramatically and risking gynecomastia. This dosing schedule also avoids the risk of permanently down-regulating the LH receptors in the testes.

Presentation and Administration of HCG
      Synthetic HCG is often known as Pregnyl (generic name) and is available in 2500 IU and 5000 IU (not ideal for the above doses!). Administration of the compound is either by intra-muscular or subcutaneous injection. It comes as a powder which needs to be mixed with the sterile water. The powder is temperature-sensitive prior to mixing and should not be exposed to direct heat. After mixing, it should be kept refrigerated and used within a few weeks - though there are sterility issues which need to be considered after mixing.

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

another good read on PCT....to the top

blink
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Good read, Rado, and good advice.

Slightly Enhanced is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

HCG is used during only, afterwards will inhibit recovery

My PCT looks like this
      Clomid
      Nolva
      L-dex
      Tribulus
      B6

During the cycle i use Aroma and nolva....use these two and you can almost forget about gyno and bad cholesterol.

There are some very good articles in this sub forum for your reading
      R.I.P. GearedUp

Lord, make me strong, and let the weak find comfort in my strength.

mtnmedic is offline Platinum
      is Being patient

I am:
      Cool

Level

How about for a 5mg ed x 30 cycle of M1T ?
      Leaders did what others weren't willing to do, now they enjoy the things that others do not.

Alpen Gruppe 99
      Our passion never dies !
      ) O (

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

mtn....i would say do clomid and nolva the way its advised....u prob don't need both for m1t....but why take the chance....get the boys up as much as u can

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I use the clomid only the Aventis Omafin kind. Only use nolva if i have too, which is not yet, lol. HCG Pregnyl by Organon during deca and tren cycles. Sometimes post cycle but before pct.

is Being patient

I am:
      Cool

Level

So what kind of dosage am I lookin at. I never used clomid after M1T, never got the nad shrinkage and allways kept the drive.
      Leaders did what others weren't willing to do, now they enjoy the things that others do not.

Alpen Gruppe 99
      Our passion never dies !
      ) O (

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

clomid by itself....300mgs day 1.....100mgs for next 10 days ....and 50 mgs for last 10 days....if u run nolva also just run it at 20mgs a day start to finish.....goodluck

is Being patient

I am:
      Cool

Level

Even though im not nailin myself with 500mgs of test ?

Alpen Gruppe 99
      Our passion never dies !
      ) O (

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

bro i honestly have no idea how m1t effects you....i know of a member at another board that does the clomid that way when he comes off of m1t.....the way i see it is if it does shut u down....why take the chance.....