• Join Us!
  • Who is John Kerry (Interesting Read)
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Who is John Kerry (Interesting Read)

Skarn is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 210
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Who is John Kerry (Interesting Read)

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Who is Jeremiah Denton?

In 1973, Jeremiah A. Denton, Jr. walked off an Air Force C-141 aircraft
      to freedom after being held captive in North Vietnam for more than seven years.
      Born in 1924 in Mobile Alabama, Denton graduated from the United States Naval Academy in
      1946. In June 1965, he was assigned to Attack Squadron 75 on the USS Independence
      flying the Grumman A-6 Intruder. On 18 July 1965, while pulling up after leading a
      bombing attack on enemy installations near Thanh Hoa, he was shot down and
      captured by North Vietnamese troops. While held prisoner, Denton became the first American
      subjected to four years of solitary confinement. In 1966, during a television
      interview by the North Vietnamese and broadcast on American television, Denton gained
      national attention when, while being questioned, he blinked his eyes in Morse
      code, repeatedly spelling out the covert message "T-O-R-T-U-R-E". During his
      captivity he frequently served as the senior American military officer in numerous
      camps in and around Hanoi. On 12 February 1973, Denton was released and promoted to
      rear admiral in April 1973. In 1976 Denton's Vietnam experience was chronicled in the
      book When Hell Was in Session, and in an NBC movie of the same title, which won
      the 1979 Peabody Award. In 1979 Denton retired from the Navy as Commandant of the
      Armed Forces Staff College and returned to Mobile, Alabama. During his 34
      years of military service, he received numerous awards and honors, to include:
      the Navy Cross, three Silver Stars, the Distinguished Flying Cross, and two
      Purple Hearts. In November 1980, Denton became the first retired flag officer ever elected
      to the U.S. Senate. Some of his major committee assignments included: the Judiciary
      Committee, the Armed Services Committee, and the Veterans Affairs Committee. In
      1983, Denton founded the National Forum Foundation dedicated to the concept of One
      Nation under God, the institution of the family, welfare reform, and peacekeeping and
      humanitarian affairs. In 1987, he was appointed by President Ronald
      Reagan to be Chairman of the Presidential Commission on Merchant Marine and Defense.
      Among many other legislative accomplishments, Denton established the highly
      acclaimed international aid program known as The Denton Program, responsible for
      transporting over 20 million pounds of critical equipment and supplies to needy
      people throughout the world. Denton currently serves as President of the National Forum
      Foundation and lectures on national and international affairs. He and his wife Jane
      reside in Mobile, Alabama. They have 7 children and 15 grandchildren.

Who is John Kerry?

03/09/04
      By JEREMIAH DENTON (Rear Admiral, US Navy, Retired) (Former POW) Special
      to the Register

Knowing that I served in the U.S. Senate with John Kerry and that, like
      him, I am a veteran of the Vietnam War, many people have asked me what I think of
      him, particularly now that he's the apparent presidential nominee of the
      Democratic Party.

When Kerry joined me in the Senate, I already knew about his record of
      defamatory remarks and behavior criticizing U.S. policy in Vietnam and the conduct
      of our military personnel there. I had learned in North Vietnamese prisons how
      much harm such statements caused.

To me, his remarks and behavior amounted to giving aid and comfort to
      our Vietnamese and Soviet enemies. So I was not surprised when his subsequent overall
      voting pattern in the Senate was consistently detrimental to our national
      security. Considering his demonstrated popularity during the Democratic primaries,
      I earnestly hope the American people will soberly consider Kerry's qualifications
      for the presidency in light of his position and record on both our cultural war
      at home and on national security issues.

To put it bluntly, John Kerry exemplifies the very reasons that I
      switched to the Republican Party. Like the majority in his political party, he has
      proven by his words and actions that his list of priorities -- his ideas on what most
      needs to be done to improve this country -- are almost opposite to my own. Here are
      two issue areas that I consider top priorities: the war over the soul of America,
      and national security.

Top priority should be placed on an effort to recover our most
      fundamental founding belief that our national objectives, policies and laws should reflect
      obedience to the will of Almighty God. Our Declaration of Independence, our national
      Constitution and each of the states' constitutions stress that basic American
      national principle. For about 200 years, the entire country, both parties and all branches
      of government understood that principle and tried to follow it, if imperfectly.

For some 50 years, our nation's opinion-makers, our courts and,
      gradually, our politicians have been abandoning our historical effort to be "one nation
      under God" in favor of becoming "one nation without God," with glaringly
      unfavorable results.

I believe our political leaders, educational system, parents and
      opinion-makers must all return to teaching the truth most emphasized by our Founding
      Fathers. George Washington called religious belief indispensable to the prosperity of
      our democracy. William Penn said, "Men must choose to be governed by God or condemn
      themselves to be ruled by tyrants." And when asked what caused the Civil War,
      President Lincoln said, "We have forgotten God."

In these days we have not only forgotten God, we are by our new
      standards of government and culture rejecting him as the acknowledged creator and as
      the endower of our rights. As a result, we are suffering cultural decay and human
      unhappiness. The decline of the institution of the family is the most
      obvious result. Perhaps the current movie, "The Passion of the Christ," will
      help many to come to realize the cost of the redemption of our sins, and the
      destructiveness of sin.

Let's remember that over 95 percent of Americans during our founding
      days were Christians, and though our Founding Fathers stipulated that no one was
      to be compelled to believe in any religion, and also stipulated that there
      would be no single Christian denomination installed as a national religion, there
      was no question that our laws were to be firmly based on the Judean Ten
      Commandments and on Christ's mandate to love your neighbor as you love yourself. That setup
      brought us amazing success as a nation, lifting us from our humble beginnings,
      through crisis after crisis, to become the leading nation of the world.

Now, though, we are throwing away the very source of our strength and
      greatness.

Yet I am not giving up on our country. I am encouraged at the stand and
      the attitude of our president, and inspired by his courage. There are many more of
      his stripe in Washington now. Though Rome and other empires have decayed and fallen,
      the cultural war in the United States can and should be won by the majority of
      Americans -- a majority to whom Kerry and the Democrats disdainfully refer to as the
      "far right." They are people who believe in God and in the original concept of "one
      nation under God."

As a nation, we are now at the point of no return. The GOOD GUYS are
      finally angry enough to join the fray, and I pray we are not too late.

John Kerry is not among the good guys. The Democratic Party isn't,
      either.

Indeed, on the subject of national security, John Kerry epitomizes a
      fatal weakness in the Democratic Party. During the decisive days of the Cold War, after
      the Democratic Party changed during the mid-1960s, the party was on the
      wrong side of every strategic debate on policy regarding Vietnam and the USSR, and is
      now generally on the wrong side in the war on terrorism.

The truth is that the Cold War was barely won by a narrow margin -- a
      victory and a margin determined by the political choices made by our government
      regarding suitable steps to deter Soviet attack and finally win the Cold War. If the U.S.
      had followed the Democratic Party line, the Cold War would have concluded
      with the U.S. having to surrender without a fight, or the U.S. would have been
      defeated in a nuclear war with acceptable losses to the USSR.

It was not Johnson and Carter and the Democrats; it was Nixon, Reagan,
      George Bush and the Republicans who led us to victory in the Cold War.

And George W. Bush and the Republican majority -- not John Kerry and the
      Democrats -- can lead us to victory in the war on terrorism.
      It's better to burn out, than to fade away...

3Vandoo is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I see that a republican wrote this eh
      three doodoo is back! Hide your women!

71olds442
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Originally posted by 3Vandoo
      I see that a republican wrote this eh
      haha how did you guess? i just think its stupid that 90% of the candidates energy goes to make the other guy look bad than to make themselves look good.. after september 11th, i figured the "war on terror" would be on the people who did that... what happened?