• Join Us!
  • Christianity ??
  • Christianity ??
  • Christianity ??
  • Christianity ??
  • Christianity ??
  • Christianity ??
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Christianity ??

71olds442
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Christianity ??

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??

• Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??
      ok, so i have been thinking about this for a little bit.. im by no means a very active participant at church... last time i went was to a funeral about a year ago... however, i do think i have faith and know a little about my religion which happens to be roman catholic. heres my question... i will admit i may be TOTALLY incorrect here... but here goes:

what i dont understand is if jesus started the catholic church and christians are supposed to follow his word, then how can other christian churches be valid? they are basically spin offs that at some time benefitted the person who started it. for example, the church of england was started so an english king could get a divorce after the pope wouldnt let him... so is this a valid religion? in a way, it goes against the word of christ... how can that be legit? im not knocking anyones faith here, just looking for an answer to enlighten me.

SUGARBABY
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

71 - I am not jumping on your case, but I have a question...

How do you know Jesus started the Catholic Church first?

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

olds,

There are about 7,000 religions in the world.

All religions have certain BELIEVES, and those believes are valid to that church.

What counts is abiding by and living up too the religions believes system. Cause if you don't, especially if you were inundated with it as a child, what usually arises is guilt, feeling bad for not doing what you were taught to believe.

As long as in life you do good unto others, and do not cause harm to others, you should be a-okay.

In general though, religion is a mine field, because these beliefs are often adopted without questioning, and cause major conflicts between each other, because most conflicts in life are value conflicts, and all religions have different ones.

Don't worry Be happy.

71olds442
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

oh i agree trip! i dont follow any guidelines from it... i know a lot of religions set standards to hate homosexuals and all that and i think thats a bunch of crap! i honestly can say that i am not controlled or involved in organized religion, just kinda use the old treat others how you would like to be treated idea... it was just a random thought that went through my head! i have lots of em... i usually resort to the internet to look them up, but i dont think id have much luck with that one. oh and sugar... i have no idea if he did or not, thats kinda what we are taught in CCD and stuff.

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Jesus was the message, they normaly hold Paul responsible for the religion christianity. IMO Christianity is nothing what Jesus intended his message to become, the Bible included. When something is divinely inspired it's still filtered through an animal mind.

Maybe the anti-christ comes out of the corrupt religion we call christianity, wouldn't it be easy for him to decieve those that have been deceived for generations.

wheelbarrel is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 375
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

WOW, that's a question. From what I know, the first 100-400 years the christians were persecuted. When rome adopted christanity, uncoverted pagans were brought into the fold and they started to teach what they wanted, not what was in the bible. Then the church had a conference in nicea (sp) and adopted the belief that there were three gods; god, the son and the holy ghost. That's when the break started. Later when the pinting press came out, they started printing the bible and people could actualy read the bible and a arguement started over the belief that there were one god or three.

From my understanding, after Martin Luther and the church of England, when America was founded, there were several churchs that were off shoots of the chruch of england. These churchs wanted to follow only what was in the bible. Over time these same churchs had disputes over church doctrine and would split.

I'm pentecostal, I don't have anything against the catholic church or any of the others, but I follow only what is written in the bible and leave everything else alone.

Just my 2 cents.
      Mod @ beyondmass.com

Skarn is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 210
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I was born and raised and confirmed Catholic. Never once have I heard that Jesus started the Catholic Church! Jesus was Jewish.

I am no longer Catholic. As I grew older, I realized that the Catholic Church had many conflicts with what the Bible said.....I could list them here, but I'm not trying to start a debate.

I don't consider myself any religion at all anymore. But a long time ago I was a Born Again Christian that followed the bible strictly.....it isn't any particular religion....just one belief that Jesus died for our sins and we accepted him in our heart as our personal savior. But as I said, my beliefs have wavered now and I'm basically agnostic.

Skarn
      It's better to burn out, than to fade away...

3Vandoo is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The catholic chuch is just the following of the Roman Based Vatican.

The true descendants of the apostles are the Greek Catholics.

There is talk to bring all christians back together in one entity, but damn it even in religion there is politics!

protestant, anglican, pentocostal, baptist, united, seven days, Presbytarian, Orthodox, maronites, greek othodox, greek catholic, roman catholic, lutherian ARE ALL CHRISTIAN, the rest is just pure politics. Love God your way on Gods words and not on man's words!

three doodoo is back! Hide your women!

71olds442
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??

• Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??
      • Christianity ??
      you guys are great! thats exactly what i was looking for. i guess i had some serious facts messed up there! thanks