• Join Us!
  • Do I have an addiction????
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Do I have an addiction????

new231
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Do I have an addiction????

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I need to know if I should seek help with this issue. Everytime I feel depressed or angry about something I use steroids or go on a buying spree for steriods. When I do this it gives me hope and the future looks so much more brighter. They help me forget about my problems. Seriously I tell myself no more cycles and then a month or two later I start my usage again. Normally one would use steriods for physical gain but I believe that I have been using them for psychological gain the past two years. If I need to get some help please be honest and point me in the right direction.

PhyzEd is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 258
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'm not a psychologist by no means and I don't want to go on with some rant about what is wrong with you and what you should do. So I'll make it simple and to the point,,,,,,Seek some help! Good luck and I hope everything gets straightened out.
      I AM EL NINO!!! All other tropical storms must bow before El Nino. Yo soy El Nino. For those of you who dont habla espanol, El Nino is Spanish for,THE NINO!!!

3Vandoo is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I think you have now a messed up hormonal imbalance, lack of hormones can bring depression.

three doodoo is back! Hide your women!

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

New,

Props for you for posting such a personal issue. Any solutions starts with awareness. So, if it is or isn't don't know, at least though you are aware and have a focus.

Note: Vandoo, has a valid point, the up and down fluctuations of homones effect emotions, some more than others, no different than a girls time of month.

Other option.

First off let's look at all the pro's.

1. You're very smart
      2. Extremely dedicated
      3. Have a great desire to help others
      4. Are loyal
      5. Can communicate very well, idea's and such
      6. Give sound researched and real world advice
      7. Goal Oriented
      8. Track record of great success's
      9. Could go on.........

So, taking those and other things into account it is all good. A note of solace, if you had severe addiction problems that track record above would not be apparent when you post, there would be other signs of instability.

What a good counselor would do is help you re-align some believes that are more in alignment with reality, which if embraced and used consistently, would lead to more stability in your internal emotions, less stress, and even greater and specifically more enjoyable success's.

Just a best guess, cause it is very common, is a strong desire for perfection, and you work darn hard to achieve it, yet you never seem to get their, then the slight negative feelings of overwhelmingness cause it all seems futile, after a while of feeling bad, you lace back on your boots and try again, and then falling back into the same pattern of something to give you hope, or for some people to void the feelings of hope, think rec drugs here.

The seeking of perfection is emotional exhausting and a destroyer of dreams and life.

A simple re-alignment with lot's of positive re-inforcement during the changing process is all that is needed to take another road.

Only other thing to be concerned with is a slight touch of ADD? What you described is also a fairly typical weakness of ADD. Tremendous reserve and drive, yet focus on in-correct thing to get correct emotion. Again, re-alignment works, and sometimes a tad bit of meds to slow down brain, to give the brain chance to relaxe, the ADD brain has too have a focus 24/7 and after a time that get get stressful, cause never relaxed.

Good counselors are worth weight in gold, if you seek one, go by your gut, if you don't like someone, go find another, might take 3-4, like everthing, their are okay ones, good, and great, and with your intelligence level you will need one of the better ones or you will get mentally frustrated.

Any q's let me know.

Hoped That Helped
      Good Luck

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

NOTHING WRONG ON GETTING HELP. TRY ITY OUT
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

kel is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 208
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

You might have low test levels. I know how much better I feel with a little test in my body- better mental clarity...like I could conquer the world!

new231
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Amazing trip. I am definetely going to look more deeply into your advice. I will let you know if I have any questions brother.

tugs is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 323
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I too have wondered the same questions you have--I think at best--its complicated--your not alone bro.

Slightly Enhanced is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Our resident Pyschologist

Originally posted by trip
      New,

Props for you for posting such a personal issue. Any solutions starts with awareness. So, if it is or isn't don't know, at least though you are aware and have a focus.

Note: Vandoo, has a valid point, the up and down fluctuations of homones effect emotions, some more than others, no different than a girls time of month.

Other option.

First off let's look at all the pro's.

1. You're very smart
      2. Extremely dedicated
      3. Have a great desire to help others
      4. Are loyal
      5. Can communicate very well, idea's and such
      6. Give sound researched and real world advice
      7. Goal Oriented
      8. Track record of great success's
      9. Could go on.........

So, taking those and other things into account it is all good. A note of solace, if you had severe addiction problems that track record above would not be apparent when you post, there would be other signs of instability.

What a good counselor would do is help you re-align some believes that are more in alignment with reality, which if embraced and used consistently, would lead to more stability in your internal emotions, less stress, and even greater and specifically more enjoyable success's.

Just a best guess, cause it is very common, is a strong desire for perfection, and you work darn hard to achieve it, yet you never seem to get their, then the slight negative feelings of overwhelmingness cause it all seems futile, after a while of feeling bad, you lace back on your boots and try again, and then falling back into the same pattern of something to give you hope, or for some people to void the feelings of hope, think rec drugs here.

The seeking of perfection is emotional exhausting and a destroyer of dreams and life.

A simple re-alignment with lot's of positive re-inforcement during the changing process is all that is needed to take another road.

Only other thing to be concerned with is a slight touch of ADD? What you described is also a fairly typical weakness of ADD. Tremendous reserve and drive, yet focus on in-correct thing to get correct emotion. Again, re-alignment works, and sometimes a tad bit of meds to slow down brain, to give the brain chance to relaxe, the ADD brain has too have a focus 24/7 and after a time that get get stressful, cause never relaxed.

Good counselors are worth weight in gold, if you seek one, go by your gut, if you don't like someone, go find another, might take 3-4, like everthing, their are okay ones, good, and great, and with your intelligence level you will need one of the better ones or you will get mentally frustrated.

Any q's let me know.

Hoped That Helped
      Good Luck
      R.I.P. GearedUp

Lord, make me strong, and let the weak find comfort in my strength.

Extranero is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Go with Trip on this one. And get your hormone levels checked.

(You can be all bad, that comment about dating American girls is dead on!)
      I like my women like I like my coffee. Sweet, hot and from Colombia!

"I can explain it to you, I can't understand it for you" - Ed Koch

My ex-wife: "Why do you date a 20 year old?"
      Me: "Because I can..."

Yes, that's the gf in my avatar... YES, she's less than half my age, NO I don't care...

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by Extranero
      Go with Trip on this one.
      just make it easy for yourself, GO WITH TRIP ON ANYTHING! you won't find better advice anywhere.

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

This situation new231 talks of sounds familiar. I too, buy aas on whims, sometimes when i don't even need them or not on a cycle. And i have, excuse my english shitloads of test. It seems like a cycle that never ends. I go on cycle, then i feel real good throughout then when off i get after about one month or so, I don't know if you want to call it depressed, but more like that i need to do something to feel better, so when i buy the aas, even though i not doing it, it make me feel better knowing i have it?

new231
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I have so much gear lying around it isnt funny. Half of it I will never use, it just made me feel good to buy it, kind of like going out to the mall when you are feeling depressed. If anyone wants it send their girlfriend over to my place to get it:2gunsfiri

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Hey Guys Thanks for all the compliments,

Understand, I go through the same stuff as us all.

Do I have shitloads of supps & stuff hanging out ready, you betcha, counted 100 bottles of different supplements this weekend, and then the others.

Overall there is a tendency for all of us too, PROJECT HOW WE ARE FEELING RIGHT NOW INTO THE FUTURE!!!

If we feel great, are in love, on a great cycle we project these good feelings into the futue and think they will last forever.

Well, life in reality does not work that way, life is not GOOD OR BAD, it is Good and Bad, can't know pleasure without pain.

So, the tough gig comes when we are feeling down and depressed, what makes it worse is that we project those bad feelings also into the future, think things will never get better, get overwhelemed and make things a little tougher.

My PCT in fall sucked, and I got into the same gig, I tried to work my way out of it by upping intensity, well, what did that get me, super catabolic, and further in the hole, ( and you'd think I know better, LOL )

Although the whole time I went through this the only thing that kept me positive was knowing "this too shall pass", taking into account nothing major bad wrong with me. And knowing lotsa stuff like I post, just that knowledge and how it works helps keep me level.

In Jan. did more rest, went to a 2-1 split and whalla, my gosh different person, all cause no longer catabolic and test levels low.

In a nutshell it happens to all of use, fluctuating hormones wrecks havoc on some people, it's the bad with the good of AS.

Then again, could be more, don't really know, it is each individuals choice to make.

Thinks to remember, Perfection is a fantasy, no one ever get's there. And how we are feeling right now we tend to project into the future, which again is not reality.

If we can remember those two simple things at are high's and low's of emtions they will help keep us level and see the good rather than the bad.

Thatsa It......Gotta Go Make $$$$

PS-It helps me believe in what I do and how I do it when I get so much positive feedback. It is what we all need when we change. Life is tough enough as it is, we could all use great compliments and positive support to help us along.

PSII-Give you all a little hint. Here is what saddens me most with clients. How little positive feedback they have in their lives, people supporting and complimenting what they do Right, rather than ragging on them for what they do wrong. I always spend a majority of my time with clients pointing out what they are doing right, often times people do not know how right they are and how rare it is sometimes. When their confidence grows from this positive feedback it is much easier to uncover the struggles and work on them now that they have a baseline of confidence that is continually re-inforced, because in reality one of the things about the mind is How soon we forget.

Over & Out