• Join Us!
  • question on my diet
  • question on my diet
  • question on my diet
  • question on my diet
  • question on my diet
  • question on my diet
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: question on my diet

jamescb77 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default question on my diet

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • question on my diet
      • question on my diet

• question on my diet
      • question on my diet
      • question on my diet
      • question on my diet
      • question on my diet
      • question on my diet
      Hi i am 6'2" and 265 ive already lost about 35 pounds over the last 4 months, but haven't really cut back on my diet very much . Ive been working out for the last 4-5 years but never really worried about being cut as i played defensive tackle and as long as i could move well the bigger the better. Well now that im done with that im trying to cut up. My goal is to lose another 20 pounds within 1 month. I will be doing cardio 5 times a week for 20-25 minutes and will still be working out 5 times a week. My question is do you think that cutting my diet back to 1800 calories a day will hurt me. Should I take in more calories that that daily? I will be getting most of my carbs with my breakfast and some with my 2 day time meals and then very few at dinner time. All of my meals will be packed with protein to try and help keep the muscle i have and grow more. Also i will be taking my protein shake with my last day time meal after my work out. tell me what you guys think

Shiner22nd is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 352
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

james.....if I were you, I wouldn't shoot for losing "20" pounds in such a short time frame (if you're trying to keep your muscle). Just try to lose about 2 lb/wk or so. This way you are losing mostly fat and some water as well. After cutting up, with your size, you should look pretty jacked. So just keep your calories about 800 - 900 below your maintenance level and give it time. You obviously know what you're doing if you played (assuming you mean college) football, so everything else should work out just fine. One thing you might try, is to up the cardio (after you lift) to about 30-45 minutes a day, 4 days a week....granted that you are already in good enough shape to handle that much cardio....good luck and keep us posted....shiner

71olds442
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

at your size, if you go to 1800 cals, youll be HURTING. what is your bodyfat?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

my body fat is kinda high i would say maybe as high as 18% maybe a little lower im not real good with bodyfat. When you say hurting what exactly do you mean? IM not to worried about losing some strength as long as i can cut this fat off of me it's a trade i am willing to make. I don't have ahard time putting on muscke or strength so once i cut up i can easily put sime muscle mass back on.

Shiner22nd is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 352
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I assume what he's trying to say, is that it would be really hard to cut your calories to that extent. In other words you might not be in the best of moods for the length of the diet, and your energy level will probably be down a little bit. B/C at your size, you would need a hell of a lot more calories than that "just to maintain". But, on the other hand, if you're not worried about losing any muscle mass, and you're cool with losing some strenth, then go for it. If you're really determined, then it shouldn't be too much of a problem....good luck...shiner

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

well i just wanted to let everyone know that i started this diet and i usually take in a little less than 1800 but i have cheated 1 or 2 days, tonight being one of them, and taken about 2400. Im down six pounds so i only have another 14 to go. Really i don't mind either i don't get real hungry but i don't have the energy to stay up real late get real tired about 11pm. just thought i would share my results

71olds442
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

sorry about not being clear.. i was just insisting that at 1800 calories at your size youd probably have no energy. at your height and weight, one would think you would have a hard time working out with that amount of calories. hows it going so far?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Well my energy stays pretty high during the day but like i said come night time im pretty dead and ready for bed. My workouts have actually been pretty good. I may have just found the right stuff to eat for my body to be able to handle this little bit of calories. Everyone i tell says im crazy but hey im loving it. I look better than i have in a long time. I have lost maybe a little focus toward the end of my workout but my partner tries to help me out with that. Overall im feeling great and I'm very hopeful that ill make it to where i want to be before the end of the month.

71olds442
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

if it works, go for it. post some before and after pics! good luck

satoa is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 235
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Either way you have to have a caloric deficit or just plain burn more calories than you take in. 1 lb of adipose tissue = 3500 calories one way or the other. Wanna gain, eat 3500 over what ya burn and you've got it. Wanna lose, dispose of 500 or more cals per day( taking in consideration what ya burn) and if done right, thats 3500(or more)over a 7 day period - or 1 lb. An average person can lose up to 3 lbs a week with out getting into too much if any muscle. Like I've said in other posts - For every 1 part of sodium you ingest, you retain 20 parts water--so watch the SALT too. I regularly competed at 4-5 % B/F and the above are constant rules of thumb. Plus the carb cosideration too.

Sounds like yer on the right track-keep it up

Satoa

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

well im down to 254 today i was stuck at 259 and couldn't figure out why so i added a little bit more carbs to my diet and some extra fibrous greens and the weight just started coming off again im very hopeful to still make my goal of 245 by the end of march. I know it's probably to much to fast but im really wanting to shed these pounds and already feel really good about the weight i've lost already.

satoa is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 235
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • question on my diet
      • question on my diet

• question on my diet
      • question on my diet
      • question on my diet
      • question on my diet
      • question on my diet
      • question on my diet
      Good - you've discovered something. The body can really get bogged down when dieting like you are. On "occasion" and only when needed, eat a little more to "jump start" it again. It will ususally respond pretty immediately and get you back on track. Take heed on the sodium issue-The sodium alone can cause great amounts of water retention and thus extra weight and just plain "thickness". Ask any competitive bodybuilder how much weight he gained overnight, the day after a competition. If he ate pizza and beer, you will hear " about 15-20 pounds-yes overnight, due to mainly water/fluid retention, partly from muscle filling out , but by in large the salt from pizza.