• Join Us!
  • Is there anything better then nolva?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is there anything better then nolva?

The SaGe is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 28
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Is there anything better then nolva?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

i dont want titties growing on me

my cycle consist of 500mg test e a week and dbol 40mg a day
      170 @ 9% 5'9

I have flaws, Yes, I understand that, but I have less then you:-D

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

aromasin, clearly the best choice for anti e! Strongest, and the best for your health.
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)

localboyz is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 27
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i've never tried it, but heard great things about Liquidex.

orion76 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

If I am strictly trying to attack gyno I prefer Raloxifene (EVISTA) as it doesn't have the toxicity of Nolvadex and doesn't suppress the beneficial properties of estrogen like femara, arimidex and aromasin do.
      I don't want to get toned, I just want to become a fucking freak.

I just work out because I want to look good with my XXXXL shirt on.

mote8989 is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

FEMERA IS AWESOME ALSO KEEPS BLOAT DOWN AND IS PRETTY CHEAP

GrowNJoJo is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 83
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

a lil more info on Raloxifene (EVISTA) please.

orion76 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

ESPE: Tamoxifen, Raloxifene Prove Effective In Pre-Pubertal Gynecomastia

By Cameron Johnston
      Special to DG News

MONTREAL, QC -- July 12, 2001 -- Doctors in Canada, have determined that both tamoxifen and raloxifene can be used to treat pre-pubertal gynecomastia.

This condition, an excessive development of male breasts, occurs in up to 65 percent of young boys and may be deemed clinically significant in 10-15 percent.

While the condition resolves spontaneously in approximately 90 percent of cases over a three year period, the psychological and emotional impact in the meantime can be devastating for these young patients.

The investigators, headed by Dr. Sarah Muirhead, an associate professor of medicine at the University of Ottawa and staff endocrinologist at Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO), presented these findings yesterday (July 11th, 2001) at the 6th joint meeting of the Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society and the European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE), in collaboration with the Australasian Paediatric Endocrine Group, the Japanese Society for Pediatric Endocrinology, and the Latin American Society for Paediatric Endocrinology held in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

The tamoxifen/raloxifene breakthrough is significant because surgery used to be the only management option. Previous attempts to manage the condition medically by altering the testosterone/estrogen ratio have only been partially effective and have included such drugs as danazol (normally used to treat endometriosis), aromatase inhibitors, and dihydro-testosterone.

Tamoxifen is a competitive inhibitor of estrogen binding in the breast, whereas raloxifene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator, the investigators explained.

In the study, 14 subjects received tamoxifen 10-20 mg/day for three to six months, while nine subjects received 60 mg/day of raloxifene for three to six months. A group of 13 received no medications and were used as a control group.

The mean age of these boys was 14 years, and all were of normal body mass index. Those who received tamoxifen had had the condition for a mean period of 18.9 months, while those randomized to raloxifene had the condition for an average of 37.2 months.

Both of these estrogen receptor blockers were effective in treating gynecomastia, although the response was greater for raloxifene. In the tamoxifen group, the mean nodule size was 4.6 cm before treatment and 2.1 cm post-treatment, for a reduction in size of 56 percent.

In the raloxifene group, pre-treatment nodule size was 4.9 cm and post-treatment size was 1.6 cm -- a reduction in size of 73 percent. It was not stated over what period of time these changes occurred.

The investigators report that overall, 91 percent of the subjects showed a positive response. These results were especially encouraging given that the subjects had had the condition for extended periods of time, and given that the breast nodules were large. It was also encouraging that no side effects were seen in either group of patients, including to liver function.

Despite the safety of the drug and the seemingly impressive results seen here, Dr. Muirhead and her group caution that, due to the lack of follow-up in untreated patients, it is not clear whether treatment was more effective than observation alone. To resolve that question, a larger, randomized, placebo-controlled trial using raloxifene has been planned, she said.
      I don't want to get toned, I just want to become a fucking freak.

I just work out because I want to look good with my XXXXL shirt on.

spidey is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 247
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Originally posted by orion76
      ESPE: Tamoxifen, Raloxifene Prove Effective In Pre-Pubertal Gynecomastia

By Cameron Johnston
      Special to DG News

MONTREAL, QC -- July 12, 2001 -- Doctors in Canada, have determined that both tamoxifen and raloxifene can be used to treat pre-pubertal gynecomastia.

This condition, an excessive development of male breasts, occurs in up to 65 percent of young boys and may be deemed clinically significant in 10-15 percent.

While the condition resolves spontaneously in approximately 90 percent of cases over a three year period, the psychological and emotional impact in the meantime can be devastating for these young patients.

The investigators, headed by Dr. Sarah Muirhead, an associate professor of medicine at the University of Ottawa and staff endocrinologist at Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO), presented these findings yesterday (July 11th, 2001) at the 6th joint meeting of the Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society and the European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE), in collaboration with the Australasian Paediatric Endocrine Group, the Japanese Society for Pediatric Endocrinology, and the Latin American Society for Paediatric Endocrinology held in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

The tamoxifen/raloxifene breakthrough is significant because surgery used to be the only management option. Previous attempts to manage the condition medically by altering the testosterone/estrogen ratio have only been partially effective and have included such drugs as danazol (normally used to treat endometriosis), aromatase inhibitors, and dihydro-testosterone.

Tamoxifen is a competitive inhibitor of estrogen binding in the breast, whereas raloxifene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator, the investigators explained.

In the study, 14 subjects received tamoxifen 10-20 mg/day for three to six months, while nine subjects received 60 mg/day of raloxifene for three to six months. A group of 13 received no medications and were used as a control group.

The mean age of these boys was 14 years, and all were of normal body mass index. Those who received tamoxifen had had the condition for a mean period of 18.9 months, while those randomized to raloxifene had the condition for an average of 37.2 months.

Both of these estrogen receptor blockers were effective in treating gynecomastia, although the response was greater for raloxifene. In the tamoxifen group, the mean nodule size was 4.6 cm before treatment and 2.1 cm post-treatment, for a reduction in size of 56 percent.

In the raloxifene group, pre-treatment nodule size was 4.9 cm and post-treatment size was 1.6 cm -- a reduction in size of 73 percent. It was not stated over what period of time these changes occurred.

The investigators report that overall, 91 percent of the subjects showed a positive response. These results were especially encouraging given that the subjects had had the condition for extended periods of time, and given that the breast nodules were large. It was also encouraging that no side effects were seen in either group of patients, including to liver function.

Despite the safety of the drug and the seemingly impressive results seen here, Dr. Muirhead and her group caution that, due to the lack of follow-up in untreated patients, it is not clear whether treatment was more effective than observation alone. To resolve that question, a larger, randomized, placebo-controlled trial using raloxifene has been planned, she said.
      LOL, I had to chuckel at their attempted explanation of the difference between the two drugs. In reality, they are both in the same class of drugs.

Both tamoxifen and raloxifene are SERM's. As such, they display antagonism toward estrogen receptors in some tissues (breast for example) and agonism in other tissues (brain for example).

Tamoxifen will not adversely affect your cholesterol any more than will raloxifene.
      Spidey is a fictional character. I do not use or condone the use of illegal drugs. Any references to steroids or other illegal drugs is purely for entertainment purposes and role-playing.