• Join Us!
  • attention fellow fat boys
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: attention fellow fat boys

pudgy is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 390
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Lightbulb attention fellow fat boys

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

thier are a few of you out thier ive been watching. wanna train like this guys on this board but too out of shape ? put down the sandwich and remote control. this is pudgys mini guide to living and training normally. its a small mans world so us big guys have to adapt. i have lost almost a hundred pounds of fat doing things like this so shut up and read.
      first of all , check your pride at the door. if your really , really out of shape you will have to start slow. and if you have been reading here you know to start with diet. if you have the will power of a slug , just swap a few more crap items for real nutrition every grocery trip. if you dont have it you cant eat it. this will make you feel like shit for a few weeks , sugar is an addiction just as strong as any drug. but when it goes away you will feel like a normal person.your taste buds slowly adapt to your style of eating , good or bad , so quite whining and open up that can of tuna. noone likes the taste of beer when they start drinking right.
      ok now , at least five meals a day, two to three hours apart. breakfast is everything , never ever skip it. small meals , no more than 300 calories. if you think this is hard , well no shit , but its easier than you think. a can of tuna only has 90 calories so do some research fat boy. i have had more tuna than the ocean. learn wich condiments you can have to keep yourself interested.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i eat five meals a day, and after about a week of watching the clock you will have to remind yourself to eat. the only beverages you can drink know are water , o calorie diet drinks , and protein shakes. no not beer , do you want it or not.
      ive read every 90 day miracle , shrinking , powder , pill , machine , book , program , whatever. they are bullshit , so skip them. i love it when the beginner workout has stuff like chinups. ha , who knows anyone that is very overweight that can do a chinup. start slow , do some "air squats". just do a squat motion and lift your weight back up. it will work , when your legs arent killing you the next day try adding weight in fifty pound increments. lunges are also a good beginner workout. make sure you train your core very hard. just because you havent seen your abs in a while dont mean you skip them. the bonus here is you wont eat alot if your stomach already hurts. you should do crunches a couple of times a week. if your a beginner you probably cant do many pushups yet , but you will. pushups are gods gift to training without weights. so start by doing pushups from your knees. this will work your tris mostly but it will get you comfortable with the exercise. also try pushing up against a wall with your feet out to make an angle of resistance.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

you may feel like a girl doing pushups like this but its only temporary , and you will feel like a sore girl tomorrow i promise.
      most big guys are strong , its god telling us he wants us to weight train , so get your ass some weights or get a gym membership. now the holy grail , the hidden secret , the only way do lose lots of weight after you cut the calories back and change to good ones instead of chips a hoy. Walk. yep thats it just walk. Walk for as long as you can , walk on a treadmill or walk in your neighborhood. walking will do the job , it will burn your fat , and it will rev up your metabolism if you do it in conjuction with a good diet. walk everyday for at least fourtyfive minutes. it is very low shock and almost anyone can do it. unless you live in the north it very feasable all year round. or get a gym mship and walk in the heat and the air condition. make sure you have good shoes , maybe even some insoles. i promise you this will work , it will shock the hell out of your body , and you may ffel like crap for a few weeks , but after that youll be buying pants every month. just stick with it and you will be reap the rewards. better sex , feeling better , self confidence, and actually feeling like doing stuff.

easy
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Go pudgy!!! good job bro.

easy

Massive1 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 303
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

A lot of motivational ideas there Pudgy. Nice way to lay it all down. If you can keep adding to your post, it's awsome so far. There's probably some more detail you can add.
      "Just be happy with yourself. Be happy to be alive, be happy you are not over in Iraq, be happy you have your health".

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

the key is that big people arent active. do anything you can think of to stay active. thier are a bunch of little things you can do to change your life. little things add up to big things. everyones schedule is different , the thing is to not let your enviroment be an excuse. and if you dont think you have time , then you are just making excuses. how much tv do you watch ? is watching tv gonna make you live longer ? how about sex , when was the last time someone stared at your ass ? you just have to find your motivation , then make a plan and slowly follow it.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i started by changing my diet by saying goodbye to fast food , and realizing my job was a big hurdle. (office work) preparing your meals before hand is a big step , as i said if you dont have crap food you will not eat crap food. i found a few little thing to combat the sitting on my butt at work thing. i wear 10 lb sand weights around my ankles and i dont use the elevator. because i bring my lunch i usually take a walk for lunch , and then i eat. it will make you eat less.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i read alot about what to eat and what not to eat , if i had to make a recommendation i would just say heavy protein , it makes you feel the fullest. portion control is the key , but if you eat 5-6 times a day hunger will not be a problem. most people are stuck in the 3 meals a day rut , and they try and combat that by starving themselves when dieting. all wrong. if you crash diet your body slows down your metabolism , and stores more fat because it thinks you are starving to death. so when you fall off the diet your metabolism is slower than before and your body burns even less calories , so the harder you have to work to lose.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i think weight training is better for dieting than cardio. it may not be a popular opinion but it works great for me. first of all its the easiest way to raise your metabolism. thats the key to burning more calories. your body requires a certain amount of calories to maintain itself , if you eat a high protein diet that amount goes up because protein requires more calories to break down , than fat or carbs. if you combine that with adding muscle to your frame , then your maintainence calories go up. so concievably you could eat the same amount of calories and gain less or lose depending on the amount.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

adding ten pounds of muscle to your frame will require about 2000 more maintenance calories a week. thats about a pound a week of extra fat loss by training. thats just if you eat enough calories to maintain your weight , your not gonna do that your gonna cut your calories to 1500. that should be good for significant loss , depending on your weight now. https://www.bloodsweatsteel.net/image...mnt-calc1.html is a good site to check your calorie usage now.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

ten pounds of muscle arent gonna appear overnight , but they will come. add the traing to walking everyday and your burning alot more calories than you ever did watching reality tv. The key is to not give up and to slowly change your lifestyle , and having a cheat day once a month wont kill you as long as its only once a month. stay active , and do something everyday.

txfirefighter is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 34
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Awesome motivation Pudgy! Being an overweight guy myself I can feel the emotion in which you write. I have been overweight my entire life. Some of you who are reading this know what I am talking about. We don't know any different hell it's all we know, it's all our bodies know. Then one day we snap, we get fed up looking the way we look and decide to make a change. I know it is not easy to lose weight. We didn't get fat overnight and we won't get in shape overnight either. If you want it bad enough you will do whatever it takes to reach your goals. Remember this, hell write this down and put it where you can see it.

"Quitters NEVER win and winners NEVER quit!" Be a winner!"

S
      txfirefighter@cyber-rights.net

Dimensionx
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I have to agree with ya pudge. I dropped 70lbs in 3.5 months by droping all crap food and just drinking water.

Tuna, Chicken, Super Lean Ground beef, and less that 120G of carbs a day.

I ONLY did the lazy boy bike for cardio and started weight training as well.

Buhda-Red from AR, Myself, You, and Wack-The-Bid are a few of the folks that have done this. It's not bullshit, forget the fad diets and $39.99 drop 40lbs plans. If they worked they would be out of business!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

ive heard alot of the bros on these boards say weight training finally got them on track and losing fat. its alot easier to stick with for a big guy. good job flex glad to see a fellow ga boy on here.

bigjim33
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!