• Join Us!
  • Arimidex vs. Nolvadex controversy---Nolvadex 20mg every 4 days....Who does this?
  • Arimidex vs. Nolvadex controversy---Nolvadex 20mg every 4 days....Who does this?
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Arimidex vs. Nolvadex controversy---Nolvadex 20mg every 4 days....Who does this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      The_CR0W is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 14
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Arimidex vs. Nolvadex controversy---Nolvadex 20mg every 4 days....Who does this?

I originally planned on using Arimidex at .25mg EOD or ED during my Var(40mg/day for 8 wks), Sust (500mg/week for 10 wks) & Deca (400mg/week for 8 wks)cycle, however after doing further research I choosing to go with Nolvadex. I was told to use only Nolvadex at early symptoms of Gyno, however, would it be ok to go ahead and throw a 20mg tab every 3 or 4 days just to be safe? I know Nolvadex is somewhat liver toxic, but I am taking alot of precautions for my liver and feel a 20mg tab every 3 or 4 days would work well and wouldn't hinder my gains as opposed to taking one everday.

Reasons why I am going with Nolva over Arimidex:

1) Nolvadex doesn't totally block esterogen(works as a estrogen receptor atangoist) and I think my overall gains with using Nolva would be better than if I went with arimidex because some estrogen is good during a cycle most since it heavily promotes strength and gains as well (increases GH, upgrades the androgen receptor, improves glucose utilization).

2) Scared to death of cholestorol also.....arimidex may have a profound impact on HDL to LDL ratio's in my cholesterol profile.

What do you guys think??

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I understanding what your saying--use it sparingly when your feeling the typical characteristics(itchy nipples, soreness)of premature gyno. However, would using 20mg every 3 or 4 days have a considerable impact on my gains...Its always better to be safe than sorry right?

Mudge is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 242
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

It can affect your eyes anyway, I prefer arimidex. Billy Bathgate runs nolva though.

Pheedno is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 213
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

In the depths of a mind that those of this world could not fathom
      Level

Nolvadex has been seen to cause ocular damage after prolonged use(5+ yrs)

Now, you don't want to take Nolva every 4-5 days becasue the 1. it would take you a couple of months to reach steady state plasma levels. 2. Half life is 5-7 so EOD would be needed to at least keep a consistant level.
      Rule of thumb, it takes about 5x the half life to reach steady state blood levels. So taking it every 4-5 days would put your time frame at about 90 days.

Nolva also lowers IGF by considerable amounts. I'll pull a study on that from pubmed if you like.

I personally run .5mg of L-dex + 10mg of Nolva along side for it's SERM benefits. I figure the lipid benefit outweighs the IGF negative(and at 10mgED, IGF won't be hindered that much)
      "The tragedy of life is not found in failure but complacency. Not in you doing too much, but doing too little. Not in you living above your means, but below your capacity. Never failure but low aim, is life's greatest tragedy"- Benjamin Mayes

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"- George Bernard Shaw

INTIMID8OR is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 109
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I think you'd get better results saving the nolva for post cycle therapy with clomid and running proviron in the cycle....Just my opinion... take care...

Mudge is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 242
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Honestly, I seem to get some mild strobing effects from nolvadex from time to time early in the AM, I dont have that issue without it. Supposedly it is alot less than clomid, but yes it does affect ocular yada yada in some people.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Thanks for the research studies....

I'm very hesistant in using more than .25 mg of A-dex per day. I want to go with .25mg EOD.

So that brings me to my next question, would would be more of an effective measure to prevent the formation of gyno and not raise hell on my Lipid Profile.

A) .25mg A-dex EOD
      B) 10mg of Nolva EOD

please give me your input on that...

BTW this board is alot more helpful than other boards, I've been noticing.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by Crankin'steiN
      If your that worried about gyno and water retention, and you are going to run an anti-e throughout, then why not just run Nolva at 10mg throughout.

It won't hinder any gains, except maybe a bit of water....... and you should be pretty safe from gyno and such....
      Yes but wouldn't .25mg EOD or ED of A-dex be more effective for such a thing rather than 10mg of Nolva ed?