• Join Us!
  • How much should I expect to gain
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How much should I expect to gain

DrtyJrzyGuy
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default How much should I expect to gain

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Ok, I am looking at doing a cycle of 500mg a week of test eth. for ten weeks. . thsi will be my first cycle. I am debatign whether or not to do dbol in the beginning or not as a kick start. . .

My question is, in reality how much can I expect to gain from this? Like muscle and size wise, will it be a dramatic thing? or will it simply continue to happy slow and steady over time? also, what are some things you guys wish you knew your first cycle that might help me out?

shyster is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 83
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

with strict diet and exercise, 25 lbs. and keep probably 18 lbs or so realistically. I believe in week 4-5 you see a big difference. some people say it's gradual, but my first cycle i looked in the mirror at the beginning of week 5 and i was like "damn, i'm jacked!" honestly. i don't exactly examine and critique myself like some people though so that may be why it was so dramatic like night and day for me. you will be happy with your gains as long as you stick to it

dropsbombs
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

how much weight your gonna gain is gonna depend on your body and your diet everybody is different. but probably around 20 lbs is a safe guess as long as you train hard and eat eat eat. the dbol is pretty much up to you if you wanna get some quick gains then try it out but for your first cycle you will do just fine with test alone as long as you have some patience, the test will take 4 weeks or so to start giving you good gains. and always have nolvadex on hand and make sure you do your post cycle therapy. have fun.

Gearhead is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 41
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

500mg of test eth is a good first cycle. If you do decide on d-bol run it at 25-30mg every day wk 1-4. In both cases expect to gain 15-25lbs. Its really dependable on you personally if you train right,eat right and sleep enough. Also depends on how your body reacts to it and how much water your body will hold while on so it might not be all muscle weight you gain. Hope you know what im talking about. In all honesty i would say 15lbs of solid muscle is what you would gain.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

oh and as for the d-bol: use it if you want to start gaining immediately, otherwise you'll have to wait 4 weeks or so to notice any gains. i like it personally, but i always liked to see gains immediately and not have to wait a month. it's all about how anxious you are

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by Gearhead
      500mg of test eth is a good first cycle. If you do decide on d-bol run it at 25-30mg every day wk 1-4. In both cases expect to gain 15-25lbs. Its really dependable on you personally if you train right,eat right and sleep enough. Also depends on how your body reacts to it and how much water your body will hold while on so it might not be all muscle weight you gain. Hope you know what im talking about. In all honesty i would say 15lbs of solid muscle is what you would gain.
      true it does depend on your commitment, but if you are dedicated like i was, don't be surprised to keep 25lbs. I gained 35lbs and after i shed all the bloat i DID keep 25lbs, but I ate, slept, and lived the shit when i still did AS's

DrtyJrzyGuy
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Ok, does it matter what i eat in that I know I eat enough protein daily, although I plan on raising it up to about 2g per pound of me, but I usually eat the exact same thing nearly every day. . . Is this bad? or is protein protein, and change is just for if ya get tired of eating tuna and chicken and turkey or whatever you eat.

I doubt I would have any problem eating a sufficiant amount of protein as long as it can come from my lovely tuna

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

since you're bulking it doesn't have to be super strict. Get your protein, but don't get it all from fried chicken you know? Tuna, chicken(can be cooked 1000 different ways) fish, beans, baked potatoes, red meat (steaks and such), wheat breads ( try a few different ones, b/c some are actually good, I like the multi grain with the seedy crusty stuff on the top of the loaf) and other whole foods. and get a good whey protein such as EAS simply protein. it's like $25 for 5lbs and it tastes good(chocolate anyway). it'll help on those days when you don't get quite enough protein or if you're in a hurry.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

check out the diet section of this board. The most important things will be to eat 6 times a day,drink atleast a gallon of water a day and get enough protein. Main foods to get would be
      chicken
      tuna
      lean red meat
      eggs
      milk
      cottage cheese
      vegies
      wheat breads

This is a basic list, there is a full list in the dieting section on the foods you should eat(yes even for bulking)

I say try and read as much as you can before you start. Keep yourself a little note book for yourself. You should have a section where you would write down all your measurement when you start and a spot to write them when you finish your cycle. Another section would be food so when you go shopping you'll know what to get and wont be walking around looking at other foods. Another section might be your schedule on eating and what to eat at that time as well as how many cals/fat/protein/carbs per meal. One other section should be training, what exercises you do at the time as well as how much you can lift when you started and how much you can lift after your cycle.

Just some ideas to get you started. After a while it will be come second nature to you and you will do it automatically. Like anything it takes time.

DrtyJrzyGuy
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Ok, I may simply not be familiar with the terms. . . but i don't think I am bulking, my only goal is to basically lose fat, and for once maintain, preferably gain muscle. . . It seems everytime I make an attempt at losing weight, I lose muscle mass as well as strenghth, I would like to not do this for once and really get that "cut" look.

smalls is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I did dbol 35mg/day and 500mg week and almost nobody noticed even though I put on 26lbs. I kept water weight down so i didnt get moonfaced. Keep expectations low, it still takes a long time bro. You should be happy though.
      "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
      Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
      alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
      Calvin Collidge (1872-1933)
      30th U.S. President

johnsonpride81@cyber-rights.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

im in the same boat as you but one thing i can tell you about loosing weight and strenth is one simple thing, YOU CUT CALORIES TOO MUCH. I use to do the same thing and said screw it ill stay big but muscular. Thing was i didnt really know how to diet correctly and asumed that calories were calories WRONG!! Basically you want to cut and keep your muscle/build your muscle a little bit. There are aas that can help you do this with little water gain. You can basically cut with any aas but some are better than others. I suggest you go to the diet section now and start reading. If you dont see someing you want to know first do a post search. If you still didnt get what your looking for make a post and ask away like your doing now..
      There are tons of posts about cutting while on aas so look them up

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

yeah just do the cycle you were thinking of, but eat clean. i.e.-low (not no) carbs. i think from what you and i have talked about you will be very happy with your gains. you seem to have your goals in line and you've definately been doing some reading. i don't mean to just say "go for it" but i think you've got it down pretty good.