• Join Us!
  • My liver
  • My liver
  • My liver
  • My liver
  • My liver
  • My liver
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: My liver

Damonic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 415
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default My liver

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • My liver
      • My liver

• My liver
      • My liver
      • My liver
      • My liver
      • My liver
      • My liver
      I went to the doctor and had some blood work and everything was good exept the liver function numbers. The range is from 0-24 and I had a 29. My doc asked if I drink and I said yes I do and I used to piss it way to much when I was younger. He says my levels should be at 12. I want to start a cycle of prop and tren. I was wondering if these will have any affect on my liver cause I want to get milk thisle and r-ala to try abd repair the damage. Should my prop tren cycle for 6 weeks be ok? 100mg eod of each. Or should I wait till the values are in the normal range? Of course there will be no more drinking for me. Thanks for any imput.
      Everything I say is my opinion and should not be listened to by anyone.

LOCO is offline VET
      Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 102
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

wait couple of months.. drink tons of milk and milk thristle... water too... eat healthy for a while... and NO alc

jack hust
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

i would ait alittle while and let your liver heal up bro saty clean take ahe ala ed in the mean time

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I was thinking I should wait to

jack hust
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

thats a good idea bro

AnotherUser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

It's never a bad idea to wait. But...

My liver enzymes were high about 1 year ago. Since then I've used a shit load of fina, test, deca, and DNP. I had them checked about 2 months ago and one enzyme was back within the "normal" range and the other was out, but just barely.

It really isn't something to be overy worried about. What you should do however is if you decide to juice, keep getting blood work done and make sure the values don't go up. Some people's "normal value" just isn't within the "normal range." No biggy.

Be careful whatever you do.

AceDaBoss
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Load up on the Milk Thistle for about 2 months and stop boozing, avoid tylenol and get re-tested. Hopefully you will be ok then. Why rush it? You only get 1 liver.

Or put yourself on the Liver Transplant list now and go all out. J/K

crombie09
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I take a milk thistle/dandelion blend ed along with lots of r-ala. -crombie09

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by AceDaBoss

Or put yourself on the Liver Transplant list now and go all out. J/K
      Hahahaha

Pheedno is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 213
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

In the depths of a mind that those of this world could not fathom
      Level

Default Re: My liver

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • My liver
      • My liver

• My liver
      • My liver
      • My liver
      • My liver
      • My liver
      • My liver
      Originally posted by Damonic
      I went to the doctor and had some blood work and everything was good exept the liver function numbers. The range is from 0-24 and I had a 29. My doc asked if I drink and I said yes I do and I used to piss it way to much when I was younger. He says my levels should be at 12. I want to start a cycle of prop and tren. I was wondering if these will have any affect on my liver cause I want to get milk thisle and r-ala to try abd repair the damage. Should my prop tren cycle for 6 weeks be ok? 100mg eod of each. Or should I wait till the values are in the normal range? Of course there will be no more drinking for me. Thanks for any imput.
      What enzyme levels is he testing?

SGOT(AST) ranges is 10-41 Aspertate aminotransferase
      SGPT(ALT) ranges are 2-60 Alanine aminotransferase
      GGT ranges is 5-65 Gammaglutamyltransferase

So I'm curious as to what exactly he testing. Also, elevated levels are not uncommon amongst bodybuilders. Our bodys get much more use than the avg man from strenuous activity and frequent proccessing of nutritents.

Furthermore, It's been my experience that general physicians don't know much about the BB lifestyle and the appropriate norm in levels of blood work.

Another thing to consider, that doctors never do is that the GGT level is not tested on comprehensive blood work. It has to be supplemented. And it's crucial as it's the most important level in detecting liver function in a bodybuilder.
      SGOT and SGPT can be indicative of muscle trauma/tissue damage which occurs every time you get an intense training session. The GGT is morespecific to the liver so if the SGOT and SGPT are elevated, but the GGT is normal, the muscle trauma is the likely culprit, not liver trauma

Heres a small study on this topic:
      J Am Osteopath Assoc 2001 Jul;101(7):391-4

Evaluation of aminotransferase elevations in a bodybuilder using anabolic steroids: hepatitis or rhabdomyolysis?

Pertusi R, Dickerman RD, McConathy WJ.

Department of Medicine, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107-2699, USA.

The use of anabolic steroids among competitive athletes, particularly bodybuilders, is widespread. Numerous reports have noted "hepatic" dysfunction secondary to anabolic steroid use based on elevated serum aminotransferase levels. The authors' objective was to assess whether primary care physicians accurately distinguish between anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity and serum aminotransferase elevations that are secondary to acute rhabdomyolysis resulting from intense resistance training. Surveys were sent to physicians listed as practicing family medicine or sports medicine in the yellow pages of seven metropolitan areas. Physicians were asked to provide a differential diagnosis for a 28-year-old, anabolic steroid-using male bodybuilder with an abnormal serum chemistry profile. The blood chemistries showed elevated aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and creatine kinase (CK) levels, and normal gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) levels. In the physician survey (n = 84 responses), 56% failed to mention muscle damage or muscle disease as a potential diagnosis, despite the markedly elevated CK level of the patient. Sixty-three percent indicated liver disease as their primary diagnosis despite normal GGT levels. Prior reports of anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity that were based on aminotransferase elevations may have overstated the role of anabolic steroids. Correspondingly, the medical community may have been led to emphasize anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity and disregard muscle damage when interpreting elevated aminotransferase levels. Therefore, when evaluating enzyme elevations in patients who use anabolic steroids, physicians should consider the CK and GGT levels as essential elements in distinguishing muscle damage from liver damage
      "The tragedy of life is not found in failure but complacency. Not in you doing too much, but doing too little. Not in you living above your means, but below your capacity. Never failure but low aim, is life's greatest tragedy"- Benjamin Mayes

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"- George Bernard Shaw