• Join Us!
  • Common mistake with taking gear!?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Common mistake with taking gear!?

Muscleguy40oz is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 68
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Common mistake with taking gear!?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Well i was reading an article on the ten most common mistakes with taking steroids and one of them was this: That steroids users do not up there intake of the steroids while on cycle... some thing like this
      week1-2 500mgs test
      week3-4 600mgs test
      week5-6 700mgs test
      week7-8 800mgs test
      week9-10 900mgs test

They said you need to keep uping it or else your body will get used to the dose and your results will hinder. I tried this on my current cycle and i am the heaviest i have ever been. I never could break the 220 mark and now im 225 with little water weight... So what do you vets think? Im a believer...Let me remind you this isnt a pyramid or anything like that...
      "Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment, heredity, and the movements and changes in the world around him. Then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, 'This I am today; that I will be tomorrow.' The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds."

AnotherUser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

With all this talk about people doing longer cycles because they're liking the results (ie, they keep coming), does it sound to you like you need to continually up the dosage? IMHO, you're just delaying full effect of the steroids.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

How are you delaying the full effect of the steroids by upping the dose?
      "Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment, heredity, and the movements and changes in the world around him. Then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, 'This I am today; that I will be tomorrow.' The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds."

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Like any other drug that you take, your body gets used to it so in order to see effects you need to keep increasing the dosage. Thats why a lot of people see results up to the 5 or 6 weeks and then slim to none during the remainder of their cycle..

flexer01 is offline FG Member
      Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 486
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

saturn- thats what i say as well brother!
      RIP - Geared
      RIP - BigJ

flexer01@cyber-rights.net

AnotherUser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I make the best gains at 10wks+ and continue to gain at wk 26. They problem is people don't eat enough to suppor their new growth. Are you telling me that if you are running 1g of steroids a wk (which isn't much by today's standards) that your body will "get used to it"? It may adapt a little, but it sure as well won't completely adapt to it.

Originally posted by Muscleguy40oz
      Like any other drug that you take, your body gets used to it so in order to see effects you need to keep increasing the dosage. Thats why a lot of people see results up to the 5 or 6 weeks and then slim to none during the remainder of their cycle..

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

If you take 1 g of test a week for 26 weeks, im willing to bet half way through your body is starting to get used to it...Hey but then again everyone reacts differently to gear, i was just stating a concept that worked great for me and might benefit others. If you are running a 26 week cycle im sure you have done plenty of them, but we who have not done cycles like that and who dont have years of experiance will benefit from this.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

heres a point Superchicken made at anabolic-alchemy.com:

"everybody does know its true that we get used to the same dose. its fact. why is what we dont totally know. the receptor theory seems bogus. one thing that does happen though is rising SHBG(sex hormone binding globulin)

up to 98% of test in our body is bound to shbg. if its bound it doesnt help us grow muscle. the body will always try to reach homeostasis and keep making more shbg to bind the extra test. a way to avoid that is to keep increasing the dose, the body cant react fast enough and there will continually be a lot of unbound test, so we can grow. "

AnotherUser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

saturn,
      If I understood you correctly, I think your theory is false. I've seen some pretty good arguements by Nandi (a guy whom I have more respect for than probably any other single person in the online bodybuilding community) that the receptor theory isn't a good one.

Muscleguy,
      I've seen the SHBG arguement before. However, the fact you stated is true based on NORMAL individuals. Noone knows what happens when you start putting 1+g of test in the body. Things change, obviously. Can the body keep up with SHBG production? Who knows.

smalls is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Steroids are not like every other drug your take. Your body reacts very differently to all drugs. Your body doesnt get used to steroids. Your body can only grow so much in a certain time and people never seem to increase their caloric intake. Lots of theories have merit, receptor shutdown is not one of them.
      "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
      Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
      alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
      Calvin Collidge (1872-1933)
      30th U.S. President

johnsonpride81@cyber-rights.com

DragonRider
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by smalls
      Steroids are not like every other drug your take. Your body reacts very differently to all drugs. Your body doesnt get used to steroids. Your body can only grow so much in a certain time and people never seem to increase their caloric intake. Lots of theories have merit, receptor shutdown is not one of them.
      Steroids aren't like any other drug you take.
      Because they are synthetic derivatives of a naturally occuring hormone.
      They are hormones, not drugs.

smalls is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

So your agreeing? Semantics bro.
      "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
      Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
      alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
      Calvin Collidge (1872-1933)
      30th U.S. President

johnsonpride81@cyber-rights.com

AnotherUser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by DragonRider
      Steroids aren't like any other drug you take.
      Because they are synthetic derivatives of a naturally occuring hormone.
      They are hormones, not drugs.
      Why do you think that steroids are not drugs?

Definition of "drug":

1. A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication.
      2. Such a substance as recognized or defined by the U.S. Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
      Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
      Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Definition of "dug":
      1 a : a substance used as a medication or in the preparation of medication b according to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (1) : a substance recognized in an official pharmacopoeia or formulary (2) : a substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease (3) : a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body (4) : a substance intended for use as a component of a medicine but not a device or a component, part, or accessory of a device

Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

On long cycles,i up the dose 100mg or so the last 2-3 weeks. It usually makes me start growing again at the rate i was at weeks 6-10 (with long esters),as my strength and wieght gains usualy slow down after 10 weeks, and by 20 weeks i just maintaining.
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)

DragonRider
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Originally posted by AnotherUser
      Why do you think that steroids are not drugs?

Definition of "drug":

1. A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication.
      2. Such a substance as recognized or defined by the U.S. Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
      Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
      Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Definition of "dug":
      1 a : a substance used as a medication or in the preparation of medication b according to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (1) : a substance recognized in an official pharmacopoeia or formulary (2) : a substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease (3) : a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body (4) : a substance intended for use as a component of a medicine but not a device or a component, part, or accessory of a device

Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

1.All AAS are analogs of testosterone, a naturally occuring hormone.
      2. What diseases were AAS designed to cure, keeping in mind that they were ALL created before any disease that they are used for now existed? For example AIDS did not exist when any AAS that exists was invented. And, AAS doesn't cure AIDS, it only prevents muscle wasting. Muscle wasting is a symptom of malnurishment, but it is not a disease in and of itself.
      3. As long as we the users continue to call them drugs, we will continue to be compared to some guy in an abandoned apartment building shooting up heroin with a dirty needle.
      JMHO