• Join Us!
  • My favorite street race..
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My favorite street race..

Got Gear? is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 639
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default My favorite street race..

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

This was origianlly typed up by myself over a year ago to post on the Mustang forums. Was digging through my old documents and thought you guys may enjoy it. I don't say I reccomend street racing bro's.. it's dangerous and the cops are inflicting stronger and stronger punishments. So....
      -------------------------My Favorite Race!------------------

I was at the Knox Mountain Hill climb. It's a local event where people race up a mountain following a steep windy road with lots of switchbacks. I didn't enter my car (has the HP, but only goes fast in a straight line). But I did enter the car show. This is usually the first event of the year in Kelowna. Anyway, I'm at the show enjoying myself checking out all the cars... I come up to one area of the show that's all Hondas from the Kelowna Honda Club. As I walk up to this particularly riced out civic I hear the owner talking about how he doesn't even race mustangs anymore cause it's no-contest, and usually only goes for the corvettes. This gets my interest so I take a closer look at the car.

It's a Civic Si (I guess the year at 95) with a Turbo AND N2O (nitrous). Along with the usual plastic body pieces as well. So I ask the owner of the car beside him about it. He proceeds to tell me it has a mitsu? turbo and 50HP shot of nitrous. He also tells me that this is the fastest Honda in Kelowna. After listening to the owner some more and hearing him say that he can "Hang with vipers, but usually loose". I call him out.

He was a little shocked and says something like "Now? What kind of car do you have". I point to my car and say "The blue mustang over there". I see a smirk come to his face as he says "OK, Follow me". We start our cars and drive the short distance to a long straight road near the industrial area of Kelowna. here we pull over to the side of the road. At this point I was starting to think about calling it off. This guy seemed pretty confident, and I didn't like the fact that 3/4 of the Honda club had followed us, along with a bunch of people who were at the show.

I had to wait about 10 mins as the Honda guy walked around to both front tires and let some air out. He also played with some stuff in the cockpit (Boost & Timing controls I think). And finally he went to his trunk and removed a subwoofer box, spare tire, and cooler from back seat. This actually made me feel a little better cause he was worried enough to do all this. People were talking to me the whole time but I don't remember what they were saying. Probably asking about the car. My heart was beating a million times a sec...

Finally it's time to race. Some guys from the Honda club drove about 1/2 mile down the road and parked as to block off any traffic that may appear. We pulled alongside each other, I armed the N2O. Another car from the Honda club pulled up behind us. He was to honk his horn 3 times, on the 3rd honk we go!

Now I'm really starting to sweat! First off, I'm excited about the race. Secondly, I was starting to get stage fright from all of the spectators. And Finally I was nervous that the cops were going to show up any second. This was taking WAY too long!

1st Honk - I put 1 foot on the brake and the other slightly on the gas.

2nd Honk - Give it a little more gas, converter loads up to 2000 rpm

3rd Honk - Let 1 foot off brake, put the other to the floor. BAD IDEA! I have massive wheelspin!

The Honda got a jump on me of about 1 1/2 car lengths. Luckily he was FWD otherwise it would have been way more.

Now I have to play catchup! I run 1st to 5500RPM, and bump the shifter into second. As soon as I feel the shift, I hit the N2O. ANOTHER big mistake. More wheelspin, car goes a little sideways. VERY SCARY! I let off the throttle (which cuts the N2O) get the car straight again and mash it! Amazingly I'm still only about 1 1/2 car lengths behind.

Now that I finally have traction and the N2O is flowing, I start reeling him in.. At 65MPH we're dead even... I bump the shifter into 3rd. At 80MPH I can see him in my rearview. At 95 MPH I shut it down and flash the brake lights a few times to let everyone know...

I was stoked! If I hadn't been so nervous and pushed it too hard, I would have blown this guy away!

I turned around and headed back to where we started from. Buddy jumps out of his car and immediately starts saying "I want a re-match, my boost wasn't turned up all the way, I had a bad launch, etc..."

I knew it'd be no contest, so I told him the following. "I'll race you again. However, I'm going to do it without the nitrous. If you beat me, we go again and I'll use the N2O". He agreed and I popped the trunk in front of everyone and shut the bottle valve.

So we line up again.. same deal, on 3rd honk we go.

1st Honk: Left foot on brake, right on gas...

2nd Honk: Little more gas, load the converter to 1800 RPM this time.

3rd Honk: Left foot comes up and right foot goes down.

PERFECT LAUNCH! The tires let out one little squeal as I rocket forward. Instantly I'm 1 car length ahead of him. After that I just kept my foot to the floor as I walked away from him. At approx 100MPH, I let off the gas and tap the brakes a few times again. I'm approx 3 car lengths ahead!

After that I head back to the car show along with most of the spectators as the Honda guy puts all his stuff back in his car. He never did return to the show. However, I've seen him at various shows since. He's still supposed to be the fastest Honda in Kelowna, I just don't hear him talking smack about mustangs anymore

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Oh... here's a pic of the car.. sorry NJ
      RIP BigJim33 & GearedUp: You are sorely missed my friends.

Hindsight is always 20/20. But looking back it's still a bit fuzzy.

trefling is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 145
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Sweet mustang.........glad you smoked that fool

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Nice mustang. Another stanger here. Isn't it great to eat those little cars alive. Especially when they start blabing about boost. They don't make enough boost. Always thinkin they can outrun something because they raced some 16 year old chick in an automatic econostang then tell their friends they can outrun mustangs. That has to be how they get that they're fast. I outran one in my wife's Expedition a couple of weeks ago. A slow one of coarce, but he had wings and shit all over it and tore out like he was about somethin. That hurt his feelings when he got pulled on by a big ass SUV.
      1 up

Go Gators

604bear
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default OUCH

I am a import inthusiast (kinda) i also respect the classics, as many 5.0 that i have made look stupid i have a pretty good judgement of who and who wouldnt make me look dumb, as far as stangs go as long as its a saleen i will show respect.lol nice car though just not my style.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Oh no you didn't. I have a 4.6 GT that'll remind you just how slow, and what class cars you belong to. I don't doubt my old 5.0 would've either. And yes. That's without even knowing what lil import you have. I'm sorry. It's a cool little hobby for kids and all, but I really can't find it in me to give too much respect to those cars. It's always fun at the drag strip though. They always wanna use a Mustang as their messuring stick. And like GG said, they always act so confident like they got something. Just wondering. What do you drive that eats up 5.0s?
      1 up

Go Gators

604bear
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

its a 91 talon tsi, but the same with domestics its what runs it that counts and that is between me and my mechanic, i hate civic driver as much as the rest of you, and i also know that by adding stickers and a grapefruit shooter exhaust you dont gain hp. I prefer imports for the styling, and the gas milage,but like i said before certain domestics still touch me in all the right places.

rotor is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 391
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

cool stang I used to have a 73 ranchero with a 351c 4berrel with a top loader 4speed and a nodular iron 9 inch posi. She was a sleeper no one ever expected it to blow there doors off. I'm also glad you blew away the handa they suck. I'm a rotary man now, 1980 rx7 13b street port gerret turbo force feeding a 650 holley dbl pumper. I haven't found a handa that could beet it yet.

3Vandoo is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Ah civic drivers that think that their shitty soapboxes are great and worth a fucking ferrari.

I remember the fools trying to race my dad, the old man used to reply "sorry I dont spend my previous gaz on useless fools like you, get a real man car when you'll be man enought in 20 years or so"

gimme a lada and I will beat any civic out there, just because of the driver not the engine. Wait honda have engines?
      three doodoo is back! Hide your women!

njjuicer is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 569
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

gg anytime son :p my chevy will piss on tha fuckin rustang anyday!
      The Don Juan of Fitness Geared

njjuiceer@cyber-rights.net

Csecratary fo Staet for Natoinla Decauation

mauibuilt is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 181
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

haha where i'm from, there are many many many daily driver civics running quarter miles in the 11sec's with street tires. Of course these cars spent a fortune (probably around 12-15 grand), I can't debate, no questions asked domestics are the way to go for the buck. But..

Now that subaru made their wrx sti and the lancer made produces the evo 8 in the states, both running low 13's bone stock, watch out....both barely cost 30,000 either. of course corvettes etc can keep up but dont they cost more than 30 g's and suck a shit load of gas?

just up the boost a few psi (no mods just a boost controller) and better tires, you'll be in the mid 12's easily with these new AWD imports....not to mention full a/c, power steering, steering, full stereo, and all the goods remain...ahhh the luxury and gas efficient imports....

leankid is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 260
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Got gear..

You used to post on Corral?? I did. I've had nine 5-liter cars!
      leankid@ziplip.com

Not around much more, because my job blows, but damn I miss you folks!!

R.I.P. Geared Up, you are missed my friend!

***~LEAN~***

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by leankid
      Got gear..

You used to post on Corral?? I did. I've had nine 5-liter cars!
      I've posted on there a couple of times. That was a couple of years ago tho, my account has probably been deleted by now.

Nine 5.0's? Yeesh!
      RIP BigJim33 & GearedUp: You are sorely missed my friends.

Hindsight is always 20/20. But looking back it's still a bit fuzzy.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Originally posted by mauibuilt
      haha where i'm from, there are many many many daily driver civics running quarter miles in the 11sec's with street tires. Of course these cars spent a fortune (probably around 12-15 grand), I can't debate, no questions asked domestics are the way to go for the buck. But..

Now that subaru made their wrx sti and the lancer made produces the evo 8 in the states, both running low 13's bone stock, watch out....both barely cost 30,000 either. of course corvettes etc can keep up but dont they cost more than 30 g's and suck a shit load of gas?

just up the boost a few psi (no mods just a boost controller) and better tires, you'll be in the mid 12's easily with these new AWD imports....not to mention full a/c, power steering, steering, full stereo, and all the goods remain...ahhh the luxury and gas efficient imports....
      Where you're from, as you put it, there are many many many Civics in the 11s? And where in the hell is that? So we should be seeing alot of your town on all the import/tuner shows all over the place as soon as they discover your town right? And they're doing it with just 12-15grand. That's something being that the bigdog Civic, haha, at my track that's getting in the 12s has invested about 3 or 4 times that amount in his car. As a matter of fact. Since your an import enthusiast. Break it down for me how you can take a Civic into the 11s for 15grand. Mod by mod. Educate me.

And on the Subaru note. I hate to bust your bubble, but after the warranty runs out on any Subaru the only place for it is the junk yard. But, they are doing some crafty things with those little cars. I'd give one about 4-5 hard nights at the track before things start to head south.

All you have to do to get a Mustang in the 11s is exhaust, and change blower pulley. Even worse. The inexpensive bolt ons are endless. Nobody is keeping up.

Oh. and I notice you have a thing about gas mileage. Next time you pass a Ford lot read the sticker. 26 mpg.

jack hust
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!